Ask Carnival Corp’s CEO: Call for Questions for Josh Weinstein

CCAubs

39 minutes ago, brisalta said:

There are people that cruise on Princess ships that do not drink alcohol or soft drinks. Will the coffee and tea card be reintroduced by Princess to cater to this clientele?

That is an excellent question.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, voljeep said:

page 6 and 126 responses ... it's wait and see now about how many, if any, will be directly addressed.

13 minutes ago, voljeep said:

page 6 and 126 responses ... it's wait and see now about how many, if any, will be directly addressed.

And that is just from this board. It is also on the Ask a Cruise Question Board, the boards for other Carnival Corporation lines, Norwegian Cruise line, and I am assuming also since I do not read them the boards for lines owned by Royal Caribbean.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I really have to wonder if there is any way we will ever know which (f any) of these questions will be asked/answered. Some of the questions are very good and are deserving of answers.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

I really have to wonder if there is any way we will ever know which (f any) of these questions will be asked/answered. Some of the questions are very good and are deserving of answers.

The OP set this up for questions to be answered at Seatrade 2023 which hasn’t happened yet. That takes place March 27-30

• Like 1

It would probably take a business week at best for the fellow to actually answer all of the questions.  And that would likely need preceding time to get educated on many of the issues or have surrogates respond.  Let's face it folks - we are going to see a bunch of platitudes and maybe a half-assed apology.  It's going to be a wonderful cruising future - a veritable Nirvana - is more like I expect we will hear.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ontheweb said:

Do you know which day is scheduled for the panel that will hopefully hear some of our questions? 

right now as I type. As how to web view ..... ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

I hope the questions and answers to our (and other) questions and answers is posted soon.

Based on the agenda link posted, there won't be a single item in these 6 pages addressed.

The BEST we can hope for is that CC Mgmt sends this thread to Princess Sr Mgmt as representative of what we collectively are concerned about and interested in knowing more about.  That said, my understanding is that someone(s) at Princess monitors this forum.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Based on the agenda link posted, there won't be a single item in these 6 pages addressed.

The BEST we can hope for is that CC Mgmt sends this thread to Princess Sr Mgmt as representative of what we collectively are concerned about and interested in knowing more about.  That said, my understanding is that someone(s) at Princess monitors this forum.

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

what a joke ... if Princess is monitoring this forum - could 'they' at least respond?🤔

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

And what a waste that would be of all the effort put into the posts not only on this thread but also Ask a Cruise Question, the thread for the other lines owned by Carnival Corporation, the thread for NCL, and the thread for Royal Caribbean.

• Like 1

🤞, but it looks like we will never find out the questions and answers. What a waste of time for all who posted not only on this thread but also on similar threads on these boards. The next time we are given this "opportunity" to have our questions answered, I hope we all remember this and don't waste our time. 😢

Hello from Seatrade 2023 in Ft. Lauderdale!

The State of the Industry was held yesterday. Due to time constraints, we were limited to just one question per CEO, but it was amazing to have the opportunity to include the cruisers' voice in the conversation for the first time ever.

Here's a link to our recap of the event and CEO answers: https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/7330/ Including a photo, too 🙂

We received A TON of questions (and lots of fantastic feedback) for the lines, and are going to be following up by sending all of it their way as well. We'll also use it on the Cruise Critic side for future story ideas, too. 

A huge thank you to all of you for sharing your thoughts, questions and experiences -- this community is incredible.

SOTI 2023.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, CCAubs said:

Hello from Seatrade 2023 in Ft. Lauderdale!

The State of the Industry was held yesterday. Due to time constraints, we were limited to just one question per CEO, but it was amazing to have the opportunity to include the cruisers' voice in the conversation for the first time ever.

Here's a link to our recap of the event and CEO answers: https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/7330/ Including a photo, too 🙂

We received A TON of questions (and lots of fantastic feedback) for the lines, and are going to be following up by sending all of it their way as well. We'll also use it on the Cruise Critic side for future story ideas, too. 

A huge thank you to all of you for sharing your thoughts, questions and experiences -- this community is incredible.

Thanks for your report and for sending feedback to each cruise line.

• Like 1

Thank you @CCAubs for reporting back.  I was hoping you would have consolidate all the questions and pick the one that meant the most to your posters.

I can see that CEO Weinstein responded with a very wide berth answer that says nothing.  We already knew CCL offered a variety of ship (size) experiences.  Unfortunately, he chose to skirt around the main issues.  That was a huge disappointment for me.

I hope you were able to walk away with some thoughts about the cruise industry.  

6 pages of well thought out (time invested) questions to share our thoughts was a lesson in “ask and you will NOT receive”. Please do not waste our time for next year’s conference.  

"What is your vision for the future of cruising?," asked Cruise Critic Member notscb. "Is it mega-ship style family vacations, or is it smaller, more intimate experiences where passengers are able to explore different areas?"

"We have distinct brands for distinct reasons," said Josh Weinstein, president, CEO and chief climate officer with Carnival Corporation plc. "I will never mistake my cruise on Carnival Celebration for a Seabourn expedition ship because they're two different things. We've got something for everyone."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

6 pages of well thought out (time invested) questions to share our thoughts was a lesson in “ask and you will NOT receive”. Please do not waste our time for next year’s conference.  

34 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Remember, it is not only these 6 pages, but also multiple pages on different cc forums, and what we get is a couple of softball questions with softball answers, basically a total waste of time and effort.

While I respect your opinions, I disagree with you both on your conclusions. I appreciated the opportunity to be heard and the opportunity to potentially get answers to thorny questions from executives at the highest level.  I encourage those at CC to try try again next year, and as many years as they hold these shindigs.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/28/2023 at 1:33 PM, Steelers36 said:

But ... a while ago, there was a sub-forum here titled something like "Ask princess marketing a question..."

In my ever humble opinion, it was paid advertising by princess...

People flocked to the thread, and asked hundreds of questions.

This resulted in maybe a dozen half hearted answers, by someone in princess marketing.

(I think some of the more knowedgeable posters here could have provided better answers)

I think that exercise defines how much princess cares about our gentle readers' questions.

And, the thread title only said 'ask' questions, nothing about questions being 'answered',

so at least there was that!

Edited by Roberto256

" We received A TON of questions (and lots of fantastic feedback) for the lines, and are going to be following up by sending all of it their way as well. We'll also use it on the Cruise Critic side for future story ideas, too" .... 

stayed tuned for part two ..... maybe 🤔