Ask Carnival Corp’s CEO: Call for Questions for Josh Weinstein

CCAubs

12 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Bring back our coffee package please.  

No notice, just a disappearing package over the weekend.  Coffee lovers aren’t interested in packages with smoothies, juices and soda.  $47.19 a day per person for coffee, really?

On this Princess.com webpage - https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/ - the New Grounds Package is still listed,  Is there a suggestion the website (once again) doesn't align with reality on the ships?  Or, is there (yet another) IT bug due to changing beverage packages that this is simply missing from some Cruise Personalizers?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

On this Princess.com webpage - https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/ - the New Grounds Package is still listed,  Is there a suggestion the website (once again) doesn't align with reality on the ships?  Or, is there (yet another) IT bug due to changing beverage packages that this is simply missing from some Cruise Personalizers?

Right!  That’s what I thought happened last weekend, when the coffee and soda packages disappeared from the cruise personalizer.  Believed it was missing due to a pricing update.  

The informational pages do show them. No price listed for the coffee package though.

Did they not update the cruise personalizer or did they not update the informational pages.

I don’t show them in my personalizer on my next cruises.  Some say they paid in full and now they are gone.

I’m hoping this weekend they will update this again.  

Not sure about the ships. It is supposed to be effective Feb 20th. Plan to ask friends OB then. 

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Not sure about the ships. It is supposed to be effective Feb 20th. Plan to ask friends OB then.

I/We have friends on Enchanted for two tours, so IDK what happens when the 20th falls mid-voyage as it does for their first leg.  I am thinking it will apply on voyage start date on/after Feb 20.  They don't convert mini-bar to coffee packages - nor purchase coffee package.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I/We have friends on Enchanted for two tours, so IDK what happens when the 20th falls mid-voyage as it does for their first leg.  I am thinking it will apply on voyage start date on/after Feb 20.  They don't convert mini-bar to coffee packages - nor purchase coffee package.

I would hope they wouldn’t change anything if you’ve pre-purchased. 
But, IDK.  

And… it could be an error again!

I take the Classic Soda package as I don’t drink alcohol or coffee.  It is  cheaper  to purchase separately the Classic Soda, Tips, and Elite WiFi.  I save a few $$$.

I have paid for all 3 for my Nov 2023 cruise.  Only recently On Board Services products were added to my Sept 2024. I last time I looked, Classic Soda package was there for 2023 and 2024. I have paid for 2024 products yet.

I noticed like others that the Classic Soda package has disappeared from both my 2023 and 2024 cruises.

Hope they bring it back.

Note to Princess cruise line: Please get rid of John Padgett. He is the absolute worst thing to happen to Princess since I started sailing with the line. Everything that anybody has been complaining about for the last year or more has been directly connected to JP. The man is nothing but an "empty smile" of a marketing flack and the line will suffer for it in the end. Princess has a well established loyal cruiser base. He is driving them all away.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, Thrak said:

Note to Princess cruise line: Please get rid of John Padgett. He is the absolute worst thing to happen to Princess since I started sailing with the line. Everything that anybody has been complaining about for the last year or more has been directly connected to JP. The man is nothing but an "empty smile" of a marketing flack and the line will suffer for it in the end. Princess has a well established loyal cruiser base. He is driving them all away.

Good post, but you do realize that at this cruise question and answer session with several cruise CEOs, they are never going to pose a question of why don't you fire someone.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Good post, but you do realize that at this cruise question and answer session with several cruise CEOs, they are never going to pose a question of why don't you fire someone.

my thoughts too. This is a question not a complaint  forum

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, c-boy said:

my thoughts too. This is a question not a complaint  forum

Yes, that it is what it is supposed to be, but for many it has morphed into a complaint forum. And that is true not only on the Princess board.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, voljeep said:

It's not personal, Sonny ... It's strictly business. 🐴

agreed - will be interesting to see which questions are addressed...or if it just turns into a rah, rah session 

Such as:  "I'm really excited about the new Reserve Cabins - can you tell us more about what to expect (breathlessly)?".

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

24 minutes ago, 1hotflyer said:

Just curious if there is a projected time for Princess to fix the website so a person can book a cruise? I have been unable to book for the past three weeks (since I got off the Discovery Princess).

I haven’t had a problem.  Try clearing your cache and history.  Another browser or different device, possibly?

• Like 1

Questions I would like to ask:-

1.When I phone Princess, why do I get a different answer to the same question.  They say they will ring back and never do. So I ring and ask the question again, again a different answer etc say they will ring and never do. So frustrating... Surely they have a manager they can ask...

2. Why do you have formal nights and then allow passengers to walk into the MDR with ripped tshirts, shorts or baseball hats. 

3. First section of the  Around the world cruises from Australia, always they same old same old ports to Dubai.  

4. When will the Circle Pacific cruises resume from Australia.  They are very popular.

5. Why does my Ocean Ready profile still shows me cruising on the Royal Princess in Mexico when I booked a New Zealand cruise for 2023 and the ship  has been repositioned back to USA.

Edited by aussielil

7 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I haven’t had a problem.  Try clearing your cache and history.  Another browser or different device, possibly?

PacnGoNow:

Not to start a feud, your ideas are good, I have tried them. The problem is they don't work. The problem is in the second guest's phone number. When a number is input, an error message is generated that says "use numbers only." The form inserts parenthesis and a hyphen thus making it an entry the computer will not accept.

If I had not just spent two weeks fighting the Ocean Medallion App on the Discovery Princess I would chalk this up to a random computer glitch that someone will fix quickly. However, my recent experience with Princess is that no one really cares about system wide issues. Princess seems to depend on the customer facing staff to cover for failing systems.  Just my opinion based on two recent Princess cruises. I hope I am wrong and Princess fixes these issues quickly. I would like to book another cruise as soon as possible. 

Just in case anyone else is reading-I left a five page letter at guest services about things I noticed that were broken or did not function as advertised. In the interest of full disclosure, the ship staff said that some of these items would be fixed when the ship goes into drydock later this year.

Edited by 1hotflyer
add material

6 hours ago, 1hotflyer said:

PacnGoNow:

Not to start a feud, your ideas are good, I have tried them. The problem is they don't work. The problem is in the second guest's phone number. When a number is input, an error message is generated that says "use numbers only." The form inserts parenthesis and a hyphen thus making it an entry the computer will not accept.

If I had not just spent two weeks fighting the Ocean Medallion App on the Discovery Princess I would chalk this up to a random computer glitch that someone will fix quickly. However, my recent experience with Princess is that no one really cares about system wide issues. Princess seems to depend on the customer facing staff to cover for failing systems.  Just my opinion based on two recent Princess cruises. I hope I am wrong and Princess fixes these issues quickly. I would like to book another cruise as soon as possible. 

Just in case anyone else is reading-I left a five page letter at guest services about things I noticed that were broken or did not function as advertised. In the interest of full disclosure, the ship staff said that some of these items would be fixed when the ship goes into drydock later this year.

Sorry that it’s not helped.  The phone entry has been a glitch issue since the inception of the App. Some still have issues.  The country code has been the problem.

When I go on the App, personal information, contact method…I only have a +1 in my drop down menu. So yours almost sounds like the old input on the App.  I’m not suggesting any other fixes, as it seems you may need to contact the IT team.  I’m sure you’ve already deleted the App and reinstalled. 

When someone asks for help, it’s very difficult to know exactly what’s going on, without all details, but we try.

I would send an email to IT, if you haven’t already and ask for help.

Askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

Full name

Ship and sail date

Booking no

Device you are using 

Exact problem you are having 

You can also call them, option on call tree Medallion App team for ocean ready.

Good luck.

If you will not eliminate all indoor smoking, PLEASE at least enforce the rules you currently have.

After many witnessing smoking on the aft observing decks on the Coral, a smoker was reported to Guest Services. The smoker was in broad daylight and would toss his butts overboard.

Absolutely NOTHING was done, nothing was enforced. Guest Services said that WE had to catch him in the act which we did, more than once. The offender's name and cabin number was reported.

I guess it is ok to have engine fires which could have been prevented. Some people are sensitive to the smoke and were not able to enjoy the public aft decks because of this.

W

"We" were appalled at the lazy attitude.

GROW up, Princess!

• Like 2

I can’t emphasize enough, for the sake of the crew and the passengers, how much the *88% of adults in North America who don’t smoke* want Princess ships to be like *any other workplace* and be smoke free.  It’s 2023. 

on a related note, why isn’t Carnival Corp and PLC taking a proactive approach to emissions and refusing to use bunker, even in places where it’s still technically legal?  Clean outdoor air is good, too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Sorry that it’s not helped.  The phone entry has been a glitch issue since the inception of the App. Some still have issues.  The country code has been the problem.

When I go on the App, personal information, contact method…I only have a +1 in my drop down menu. So yours almost sounds like the old input on the App.  I’m not suggesting any other fixes, as it seems you may need to contact the IT team.  I’m sure you’ve already deleted the App and reinstalled. 

When someone asks for help, it’s very difficult to know exactly what’s going on, without all details, but we try.

I would send an email to IT, if you haven’t already and ask for help.

Askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

Full name

Ship and sail date

Booking no

Device you are using 

Exact problem you are having 

You can also call them, option on call tree Medallion App team for ocean ready.

Good luck.

Or book with Celebrity. 

Please see my question below for Josh Weinstein, I have posted the same question for Josh Liberty on the Celebrity board;

Environmental Responsibility

I understand that cruise lines are exploring the use of different technologies and alternative fuels on newer vessels to reduce environmental impact and newer, larger ships with more capacity does mean less carbon footprint per passenger. However, I would like to challenge what seems to be a scrap old, build new strategy amongst the major cruise lines. 

A lot of cruisers love the layout of the smaller and older ships and enjoy the variety of ports they are able to visit, but it seems that older cruise ships are given very little love. They always look and feel tired, dining and other services are often reduced on these ships, much loved card rooms and other public spaces are removed and used for storage or other activities, there is always a lot of rust on balconies and other outside areas and they are hardly ever updated with new furnishings in public areas, new stateroom furniture, new pool towels, new poolside loungers/ lounger cushions, new board games/ snooker and shuffleboard cues/ game pieces etc., new stateroom TVs and new stateroom towels and bedding. Some of this could obviously could easily and cheaply be replaced at any time between dry docks, but this is often not done. When they do get scheduled in for “refurbishment” this is usually used to take away much loved public areas and dining venues for more cabin capacity or for fee dining venues, rather than completing much needed cosmetic refurbishment. It often feels like cruising on an older ship is a downgraded cruise and as a result, cruisers will often opt for or be willing to pay more for a cruise on a larger and newer ship even if they much prefer the layout of the older and smaller ships. I believe an increase in revenues and length of cruising life for older ships could be seen if they were restored to their former glory both in terms of cosmetics and also onboard services.

It almost seems as if new ships are built and never restored or refurbished throughout their life, then eventually get scrapped and replaced with brand new ships. I would assume ships are scrapped in an environmentally sound way and materials are recycled, but I can’t understand why the focus is on building new rather than restoring what is already there as surely that is more sustainable? I would be very interested to know if the reduction in pollution and energy savings of newer ships compensates for the environmental impact on waste and use of new materials and resources of scrapping and building new.

• Like 2