question about bringing 2 bottles of wine per person aboard

l_n_kelly

On 2/17/2023 at 10:38 AM, Guppy99 said:

again, against the rules. Circumventing the rules is wrong on many levels.  Also, if a couple bottles of wine is going to break the bank, then you can't afford the cruise.

Yup, this stuff is why celebrity went back to everyone in the cabin having to have the same drink package. This will lead to celebrity going back to 2 bottles per cabin with a corkage fee. 

17 minutes ago, oceanbeau10 said:

Is there a corking fee if you consume it in your stateroom?

No corkage fee to bring your wine onboard or consume it in your stateroom. No corkage fee if you have the CBP or the PBP if you bring the bottle of wine in any of the dining venues. You can pour a glass of wine in your stateroom and take it with you. 🍷

No corkage fee if consumed in your stateroom.  Corkage fee ($25) if you take it to a dining room/restaurant if you DO NOT HAVE the Classic or Premium beverage package; no corkage if you have one of those packages.

We took our allotted 2 bottles pp aboard our just completed Silhouette cruise. No perks booking. Got an additional bottle for booking onboard day 1. Bought a bottle one night at dinner. Would usually bring a glass into the MDR from Elite happy hour. Came back with 2 bottles.

In the future, we might pay the corkage fee to bring a bottle into the MDR. 

Our next cruise departs Reykjavik where I expect the cost for a bottle of wine to be higher than in other ports. Any suggestions on where to purchase wine there?

Edited by TMLAalum

On 2/16/2023 at 3:33 PM, DaKahuna said:

Why is it so hard to simply folllow the rules instead of encouraging others with ways to possibly get around them?  The daughter is underage in the US and could be, although highly unlikely, cited for minor possession.  Just bring your two bottles in your carry on baggage and be happy with that. 

DaKahuna, I agree wholeheartedly with your advice!!  As a criminal defense attorney for 32 years, I have represented too many kids for underaged possession of alcohol! And on too many occasions, I have asked the parent/adult present:  "What were you thinking???" (Trust me, it turned out to be one expensive bottle of alcohol!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, davekathy said:

You can pour a glass of wine in your stateroom and take it with you. 🍷

Celebrity doesn’t care how full or how big the glass is right? 🤣🤣🤣

D586F708-C3F8-444F-9C88-8D2753331EA1.thumb.jpeg.c1b85d7c33ffb5bee11e6ca3d7acd7e5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Moochi said:

Celebrity doesn’t care how full or how big the glass is right? 🤣🤣🤣

As an acquaintance of mine is quite fond of saying "Never drink anything bigger than your head." 

I quite agree with him.  

• Like 1

On 2/16/2023 at 12:51 PM, l_n_kelly said:

I am going on a cruise with my 19 year old daughter.  Per the Celebrity alcohol policy, it mentions allowing 2 bottles of wine per guest.  It mentions guests not having alcohol purchased at ports returned to them if they are under the drinking age.  And it also says "No guest under age 18 may possess or consume alcohol at any time while onboard. No guest under age 21 may possess or consume alcohol at our private destinations.".  

All that said, can my 19 year old bring a bottle of wine aboard for me to consume (in addition to the two I am allowed)?  I understand it is skirting around the rules...I am just trying to save a little money.  But I don't want to get in trouble (or embarrass myself or my daughter).  I just find the rules to be very confusing.  Any thoughts?  Thanks!

I think this may be the pertinent part of the policy:

“Guests are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages onboard; with the exception of embarkation day when each guest (of legal drinking age) is permitted to bring onboard up to two (2) 750 ml bottles of wine (which are subject to a corkage fee) per guest. A corkage fee does not apply to guests with the Classic Beverage Package or Premium Beverage Package. 

Though in practice, when you run your carry on bags through the scanner, the individual reading the scan will likely not know your daughter’s age. 

Nonetheless, it is against the rules. 

Trout

On 2/16/2023 at 11:51 AM, l_n_kelly said:

I am going on a cruise with my 19 year old daughter.  Per the Celebrity alcohol policy, it mentions allowing 2 bottles of wine per guest.  It mentions guests not having alcohol purchased at ports returned to them if they are under the drinking age.  And it also says "No guest under age 18 may possess or consume alcohol at any time while onboard. No guest under age 21 may possess or consume alcohol at our private destinations.".  

All that said, can my 19 year old bring a bottle of wine aboard for me to consume (in addition to the two I am allowed)?  I understand it is skirting around the rules...I am just trying to save a little money.  But I don't want to get in trouble (or embarrass myself or my daughter).  I just find the rules to be very confusing.  Any thoughts?  Thanks!

The rule is 2 bottles per adult. Your daughter cannot bring wine for you if she isn’t 21

3E2876C2-0E5C-4310-8484-66210E177BF0.jpeg

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

The rule is 2 bottles per adult. Your daughter cannot bring wine for you if she isn’t 21

3E2876C2-0E5C-4310-8484-66210E177BF0.jpeg

It looks like the website is more explicit. I don’t see where the above says you have to be over 21 to be the one to carry it on board, but my old man eyes may be missing it in that small print. 

Trout

5 hours ago, trout62 said:

It looks like the website is more explicit. I don’t see where the above says you have to be over 21 to be the one to carry it on board, but my old man eyes may be missing it in that small print. 

Trout

No but a minor, anyone under 21, in possession of alcohol is a criminal offense in Florida.  

So, if you'd like to see your child arrested, and possibly you for contributing to the delinquency of a minor, feel free to put two bottles of wine in your underage child's luggage. 

• Like 2

On 3/14/2023 at 12:13 PM, oceanbeau10 said:

Is there a corking fee if you consume it in your stateroom?

No corkage fee if in stateroom.   Also if you have a drink package there is no corkage fee even if bring to dinner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, diesel1973 said:

I'm confused. On the RC board they are posting "as of March 3 each person is allowed to carry on 1 bottle of wine. On X it is 2 bottles per person?

Different cruise line, different rules.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2023 at 12:58 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

Put a couple of bottles in your luggage that you hand off to the porters and carry on the rest (2 per person 21+)

Absolutely not.  Will likely get a visit to the naughty room.

The new rules are simple.  All guests of legal drinking age (21 in Florida) can bring 2 bottles per person.  If they do NOT have a beverage package there is a $25 corkage fee to bring the wine to a MDR

Edited by Arizona Wildcat
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Absolutely not.  Will likely get a visit to the naughty room.

The new rules are simple.  All guests of legal drinking age (21 in Florida) can bring 2 bottles per person.  If they do NOT have a beverage package there is a $25 corkage fee to bring the wine on board 

I cruise quite bit and talk to many who say "we can't believe our luggage our luggage showed up with wine!" Have never been called to the naughty room on X and ironically we welcome the idea of going to the naughty room as think it would be a fun adventure.  Have been to one on another cruise line and the crew was extremely friendly

15 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I cruise quite bit and talk to many who say "we can't believe our luggage our luggage showed up with wine!" Have never been called to the naughty room on X and ironically we welcome the idea of going to the naughty room as think it would be a fun adventure.  Have been to one on another cruise line and the crew was extremely friendly

i totally agree, and have also cruised many times. Wine properly wrapped will survive the flight and all handling . I have never been questioned. I think people make too big a deal about all this " naughty room" non sense.I have also brought some in my carry on as well .

As to the OP's dilemma: the daughter is in no way breaking any laws as long as she is not in POSSESSION of said wine. If she packs 2 in a suit case with her name on it, and has 2 in her carry on, the only rule broken is trying to bring too much wine on board, which at that point, will be held until the last night of the cruise. I personally would not go to this extreme, but I'm sure there are those who do.

On 3/15/2023 at 9:09 AM, trout62 said:

Trout

really? If you can not drink it you cannot possess it.