Oasis of the Seas Live - We’ve been Saved by the Bell 🐾🐾 March 12-19, 2023. ​​​​​​​

7 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I think the joke might have been missed, but up all night and drink all day is not a bad thing. Neither is sleep at night and drink all day. 

These days I am more of the "I can drink all night just like the old days if I need to, it just takes me a hell of a lot longer to recover" kind of drinker. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

These days I am more of the "I can drink all night just like the old days if I need to, it just takes me a hell of a lot longer to recover" kind of drinker. 

I’m starting to catch that feeling too. I need to train hard to be like John and Graham and Greg.

• Haha 6

Just now, A&L_Ont said:

I’m starting to catch that feeling too. I need to train hard to be like John and Graham and Greg.

Just sneak a carbonated alcohol free (e.g. diet coke) beverage in after every two drinks.  I found that not only helps me maintain a little but the caffeine gives an added boost. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I guess if I do pull the trigger and join the Bella 2.0 cruise, I'll need to start drinking heavily about a month before the cruise in order to increase my alcohol tolerance. 🤪

I think you would be okay just the way you are, no training needed.

Not completely sure but I think those lists you are seeing are just ordered drinks, Kind of doubt each would like the taste of everyone of those drinks and completely finish all of them. Sip here and a sip there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Not completely sure but I think those lists you are seeing are just ordered drinks, Kind of doubt each would like the taste of everyone of those drinks and completely finish all of them. Sip here and a sip there.

No drinks were wasted in the making of this cruise.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 19

Good afternoon

Today we opened CK. 

Typical breakfast food 

Then left the ship at 08:45. 
The waves were white caps. BIG WHITE CAPS. 

The toy boat ( say that 3 times fast) next to us was rocking and rolling.  As we walked on by. 
The pier workers we’re putting a net underneath the gangway in case someone fell In.  Yup I want to get off and pressed for dress your best kinda sorta night crushed between the ship and pier. 

So now we check in at our excursion light house tour and beach break. We were first in line. 

So the tour guide shows me his watch and tells us we are 1 hour early. Here he was trying to yank my chain. 

He told us to come back in 45 min. (My DH new better). so we went to P and came back and now the line was long. 

We got on a comfy air conditioned bus. And off we went. The first guide was excellent. 
The second guide said he was learning English.  It showed. 

Now we had to sign the back of our ticket to do this excursion 

Why?

Because the beach we are going to is affected by a massive amount of sea weed and very muddy waters. They wanted us to make sure we knew. But you can go swimming if you LIKE. 

BUT. 

Absolutely no mention of a tour not committing to fulfill their part of the deal, we would have option to cancel. 
YUP  I want to swim in a cesspool. 

Ao now the tour started. Real nothing great to share. Mostly about where he came from and some talk of local housing. 

They live a boring life. So now the highlight of the tour. THE LIGHTHOUSE. 

Yup we got a whopping 10 min there.  He took a picture of us in front of the sign. Never knew what happened to those pictures. No information on how or when to get them. 
probably used to ID us if drowning in seaweed. 
Oh yea. We got a total of 11 min there. I bet that set the schedule off. 

So now we go to the beach. Found out loungers and camped out. We got two free drinks (beer, Fanta water or coke). The bottles had to be at least 5 ounces(😳)  The beer was regular size. 
They ran out of Fanta. (😔). 

So now the attack of the vendors. 
everything from coconuts, bracelets, hats sunglasses to Cuban cigars ( probably made in china). 

You could order off a menu an pay for food. 
I pulled out a towel turned on my side and sleep. 

Time to get up. Go back to ship. 

Now what a racket. 
The bus drops you off by a different entrance and you have to walk by every vendor. Bigger and longer than a mall 

It’s hot. I’m cranky. I’m walking. I’m sweating. I stink my feet hurt. So as we are approaching the Oasis I looked st the side of the two ships. The newborn and mama ship. As they hit the pier a geiser of water sprays up   6 decks. It was pretty. 

We entered the ship aft  entrance. 
Walked all the way down deck 14. Went WJ. And back to our cabin. 

Now nap time. 

Since the lease is up on my office. I will

probably visit “ thee Schooner bar” to see how the other half drinks. 

Ok later. 

15:51

• Like 8
  • Haha 6

16 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

O ye of little faith😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I can do that or you have mine from when we were doing Brillo's videos. 

duh I’m sorry I forgot. I’ll email you next week after I’m sober.

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Slacking off I see !!  

I would have opted for a Guinness or Murphy's Irish Stout or an Irish Coffee.

I will try to make it up tonight!

50 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Id be more than happy to mentor you. 🤪

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

So are we going to win the Quest, or hopefully/more likely to cheer on the winning team and give them some support?  I’m up for the second one. All we have to do is find 70s night Elvis to be our Team Leader. I think he’s most likely to be of similar spirit of Cruise Life Rick.

Lets be honest, this entire week is a “quest” of alchemy survival.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Just sneak a carbonated alcohol free (e.g. diet coke) beverage in after every two drinks.  I found that not only helps me maintain a little but the caffeine gives an added boost. 

I just post pics of virgin Miami Vices or Peach Daiquiri and everyone is happy 😊.   I have noticed at times the bartender doesn't hear me say virgin and I just have to push through it.   

• Haha 8

39 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Let’s be positive Jim 

I can vouch and so can my liver, no sip and tip for me 

Its all about self control and what you do in between rounds 😉

It goes like this 

Order drink, drink drink and order again, when you run out of free coupons, use someone else’s 
DRINK REPEAT DRINK 🍹 

why waste free liquid 

You have a blessed positive Green Day 🍀 Be lucky 

You should come on Bella 2 cruise you might learn a thing or 3 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Let’s be positive Jim 

I can vouch and so can my liver, no sip and tip for me 

Its all about self control and what you do in between rounds 😉

It goes like this 

Order drink, drink drink and order again, when you run out of free coupons, use someone else’s 
DRINK REPEAT DRINK 🍹 

why waste free liquid 

You have a blessed positive Green Day 🍀 Be lucky 

You should come on Bella 2 cruise you might learn a thing or 3 

We don't really want to do anymore of those Caribbean sailings, been there done that so many times. My Wife and I would much rather do itineraries that we have never done. Working on the Bucket List.

• Like 3