What happened to bathtubs?

John Cruise

I do and I'm paying a premium to have one on my two booked cruises.  The single cabins have showers only.  Gone are the wonderful E 1 cabins with their 25% single supplements.  Julia

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, calliopecruiser said:

I'd much rather have a larger shower, and I prefer the walk in option to climbing over the side of the tub.

My wife and I totally agree. We live in a 55+ community, and the first thing we did to our new home was to remove the bathtub and put in a HUGE shower.

As you get older, tubs become trip hazards.

• Like 3

On 4/1/2023 at 3:26 AM, Keith1010 said:

There is always a solution.

Here goes:

61musJR11sL._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.6697dec1a466323f77a133316cd57213.jpg

Yes a portable bathtub available on Amazon for $49.99.

Keith

Keith,

Will that fit on the balcony?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SFRiA said:

My wife and I totally agree. We live in a 55+ community, and the first thing we did to our new home was to remove the bathtub and put in a HUGE shower.

As you get older, tubs become trip hazards.

We live in one too and our bathtub is huge.  A danger to get into. But you need ONE or you lose valuable equity to sell.  One day I'll take it out.  We've never used it once over 5 1/2 years.

11 hours ago, ChatKat in Ca. said:

We live in one too and our bathtub is huge.  A danger to get into. But you need ONE or you lose valuable equity to sell.  One day I'll take it out.  We've never used it once over 5 1/2 years.

I'm not so sure in a 55+ community you will lose equity. All of our neighbors think the tub is a waste of space and a hazard. When we purchased our home (new) 5 years ago, our sales rep said all perspective buyers were asking why they put in a tub.

We also have our own pool and spa, so when we sell, they will always have a place to soak if they wish.

Edited by SFRiA

9 minutes ago, ctjon said:

Here in Maine, and I'm sure elsewhere, a bathroom without a tub is not considered a full bath.  Times have changed folks

Other places, as long as there is a place to bathe, a shower, a tub without shower or a tub/shower, it's a full bath. Think I remember reading in California, the shower alone or the tub without a shower is called a 3/4 bath.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

Other places, as long as there is a place to bathe, a shower, a tub without shower or a tub/shower, it's a full bath. Think I remember reading in California, the shower alone or the tub without a shower is called a 3/4 bath.

It really doesn't matter to us whether it's a full or 3/4 bath, nor do I think it will matter to the new buyer (whenever we sell). If it matters to a perspective buyer (whenever we do decide to sell), as long as they meet our price requirements, that's all we care about.

In the meantime, we'll enjoy our bathroom with a huge shower, and no dangerous tub to climb over. 😁

On 3/31/2023 at 9:58 AM, bitob said:

You lose money when a cruise is overpriced and the itinerary is utterly unappealing, particularly when there are other cruises available that really interest you

55 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

Same in arizona