The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday April 21st, 2023

StLouisCruisers

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Vanessa gave me good instruction on how to proceed. 

CC seems to be having hiccups. I am marked as no notifications but continue to get emails when someone quotes or mentions me. Not terrible just work to delete those emails. But hey, I am retired so I have lots of time!

• Like 22
  • Haha 5

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  Yesterday was a very busy work day.  Today seems calmer with only two planned meetings.  We finished the service with pest control, having caught the one groundhog I think we are in good shape.  If the weather cooperates I’ll try to fill in some of the gaps that the animals created under the fence.  
I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.png.690fd1c71f6a13987154718f5e4be527.png

• Like 17
  • Haha 9

3 hours ago, dobiemom said:

Good morning and thanks for the all the daily info and HAL fleet report. 

Bon Voyage 🚢 @JazzyV Vanessa!

Figuring out how to sleep comfortably has been a slow process. I’m a side sleeper, not a back or tummy sleeper. Well with the gas bubble in my eye  I need to sleep on my tummy.  🫤

The equipment comes with a crescent cushion for the face or 3 smaller pieces to use if you are wearing glasses (or have a hard eye shield). To me, the cushions are uncomfortable (as is the cushion the chair for my butt - it isn’t made to sit on for long periods of time). 

So I exchanged the face cushions for an airplane neck pillow. Viola! My face is comfy both in bed and with the chair. Next is to figure out how many pillows to place under my feet while in bed so my back doesn’t hurt. I tried one small pillow during my afternoon nap. Don’t know if I need a regular pillow (my feet might have slipped off). Tried two (old, flat) regular pillows. and it seemed to work. (Extra pillows are in the travel trailer and DH has it covered to protect it from the rain so it’s a pain to access.) I was “comfy” and slept 3.5 hours. I think that’s gonna be a good as it gets. 🤞🙏

For the chair, I was using an old (flat) pillow folded in half (couldn’t find my chair cushion) to use as a bit of extra padding. I just needed to raise the face support cradle since I was now sitting higher. DH found my chair cushion which is good since I used the pillow on the bed. Made some adjustments and I think I’m good. 

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List. Thank you all for caring and sharing. Stay safe and healthy everyone. 

oh my.I am amazed that you slept at all but happy your check up was good.

• Like 19

A quick check-in from Charlotte. Next stop Ft. Lauderdale. I was up during the night with bad leg cramps; I drank lots of iced tea. After mowing but should have had Gatorade I guess. 

@superoma Great job on the lists! I did them in Word, saved to iCloud, then copied and pasted from my iPad. 

Prayers for all in need. 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Good morning to all the Dailyites.

Today I have made the final payment to the Contractor.  YIPEE!

i don’t think we owe anyone else any money.  That is a wonderful feeling right now.

At 2pm Carvana will come to pick up Jim’s car and hand us a nice fat check.  This could not come at a better time.  

Thank you to Sandi @StLouisCruisers for the Daily and the Fleet Report.  

i went to Kindergarten.  It was half day session.  i remember crying the first day.  i could not be consoled because my friend Gracie was not in the morning session with me.  She was going in the afternoons.  I also did not like the teacher.  Sandi, like you, she was a witch.

I like the quote,  Will passed on the food and while the wine looks wonderful, the price tag does not. So that gets a pass as well.

Eva, @superoma Thank you for the cares and celebration lists.  You did a fantastic job.

Prayers for all on there who need them, and cheers to all celebrating and cruising.

Have a lot to do today and need to get moving. More later.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 22

20 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

A quick check-in from Charlotte. Next stop Ft. Lauderdale. I was up during the night with bad leg cramps; I drank lots of iced tea. After mowing but should have had Gatorade I guess. 

@superoma Great job on the lists! I did them in Word, saved to iCloud, then copied and pasted from my iPad. 

Prayers for all in need. 

Sorry to hear you had bad leg cramps Vanessa @JazzyV.

Tonic water containing Quinine is known to help.

Drink plenty of fluid and a little salt.

Screenshot_20230421_161304.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

Is it still morning?  Here it is 4 p.m.  the road from Kinsale to Courtmacsherry is called the Wild Atlantic Way now, and boy, was it wild this morning.  We went to the Lusitania Museum on the Old Head of Kinsale, and you could hardly stand up against it.  I am finding it tiring being the Navigator, and having to say at every turn, “Stay left…”.   Pat wanted the porridge for breakfast this morning but it was all gone, and looking at the menu I could see why - it was made with Bailey’s!  So he had the “Full Irish” and I had the Kinsale Grilled Kipper.  Now he has gone to visit his cousins, and I have had a little nap in our hotel room.  The Courtmacsherry Hotel has the last remaining cork tree in County Cork.

Thinking of you all, especially those with ailments!  Hope the puppy dog works out, Jacqui.  

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thanks all!  We found a lovely letter of congratulations from the Governor General in our mail, DH thought we were being invited for tea, lol!   Hard to believe we have been married longer than either of our parents.  The big 50! 

lovely to have some celebrations!  
@superomathanks for the lists today!  
@kazu for the hope for a new canine companion!  Lucky Ivan! 

IMG_4766.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 33
  • Thanks 1

@aliaschiefstay away from the covid people.  The news doesn't bring us the news any more, but 1700 people a week in the USA are still dying from Covid.  That's 88,400 a year at this rate.  We should all remember to protect ourselves. Take care of yourself!  At the concert last night, DH and I were the only two in the audience wearing our masks.  All staff were wearing masks.  The concert was at Emory University and Hospital center.  Somehow I think that if the staff on a campus of a hospital think they should wear masks, then maybe we should still do that.

@dobiemomI too am amazed at how you can sleep at all, but maybe if you have to take 3 hour naps 4 times a day, you'll still feel sleepy but you will get rest.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Prayers for all in need. 

That would of course be the easy way to do it but my word programme is on my desktop and thar only gets turned on at tax time and maybe once or twice the rest of the year since it is so very old! 

• Like 16

Good morning everyone and Happy Friday from the lovely Volendam in Cartegena. I chose not to go ashore today so am enjoying the ship. Right now I’m in the Crow’s Nest starboard because port side is freezing. We are next to the huge Norwegian Joy. 

47C5BC64-A07A-49FD-8332-41DB7A5DCD09.thumb.jpeg.0a6a68e9bbc4bc9bfb21fcd9943150d3.jpeg

Last night I went to the Pinnacle Grill and had three appetizers and dessert. It was too much food for me. 

81FB7394-CAED-4D41-A7BB-DACDACB0CC37.thumb.jpeg.be91a8024f087808b2c42bd7a44a94ad.jpeg

716D323F-F727-423E-9527-6BC9CDD68C58.thumb.jpeg.80305829bbef96a15ff7e918b83e2b48.jpeg

3A6678ED-155C-4CDC-8F2E-28E31EA8E32D.thumb.jpeg.ea2c5ea51fc831a78d59945426846c63.jpeg

0511E1DA-10BB-49FC-A399-99AEA20A1C72.thumb.jpeg.eaccdc922abf19dbbbe04c850d5133a0.jpeg

Bruce @aliaschief, is this the excursion that you were on today?

4B21700A-D586-46C6-9982-6EDFC8417E9F.thumb.jpeg.69539de3a22972f2564ef68bc33b2ff4.jpeg

I had originally booked it but it was in the afternoon and canceled it when I realized that I’d be back so late. Now that our time in port has changed to include the morning I rebooked it for the morning. From your description it sounds like the same one and good to know that you really enjoyed it. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning everyone and Happy Friday from the lovely Volendam in Cartegena. I chose not to go ashore today so am enjoying the ship. Right now I’m in the Crow’s Nest starboard because port side is freezing. We are next to the huge Norwegian Joy. 

47C5BC64-A07A-49FD-8332-41DB7A5DCD09.thumb.jpeg.0a6a68e9bbc4bc9bfb21fcd9943150d3.jpeg

Last night I went to the Pinnacle Grill and had three appetizers and dessert. It was too much food for me. 

81FB7394-CAED-4D41-A7BB-DACDACB0CC37.thumb.jpeg.be91a8024f087808b2c42bd7a44a94ad.jpeg

716D323F-F727-423E-9527-6BC9CDD68C58.thumb.jpeg.80305829bbef96a15ff7e918b83e2b48.jpeg

3A6678ED-155C-4CDC-8F2E-28E31EA8E32D.thumb.jpeg.ea2c5ea51fc831a78d59945426846c63.jpeg

0511E1DA-10BB-49FC-A399-99AEA20A1C72.thumb.jpeg.eaccdc922abf19dbbbe04c850d5133a0.jpeg

Bruce @aliaschief, is this the excursion that you were on today?

4B21700A-D586-46C6-9982-6EDFC8417E9F.thumb.jpeg.69539de3a22972f2564ef68bc33b2ff4.jpeg

I had originally booked it but it was in the afternoon and canceled it when I realized that I’d be back so late. Now that our time in port has changed to include the morning I rebooked it for the morning. From your description it sounds like the same one and good to know that you really enjoyed it. 

Have a great day everyone!

Yes, We did it last visit and enjoyed so doing it again. Tomorrow in Cabo we are doing the Salsa excursion. Again a repeat but lots of fun.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

My kindergarten teacher was Mrs. Decker. I've already posted about Red Cross Day. I knew about the Battle of San Jacinto but it didn't come immediately to mind this morning.

The fish would probably be OK with me, but the cocktail seems unnecessarily complicated. The wine seems not to be widely available in North America but is way beyond my budget anyway. I still haven't been to French Polynesia or any Polynesia.

I worked at home this morning and next is to take cardboard to the recycling drop-off. I think I will hold back the Misfits boxes, because they're clean inside (they had insulating liners) and are very sturdy, and offer them free online. Giving stuff away is rather a pain, because so often people want to pick it up at an inconvenient time, or ask one to hold it for them, which would be tolerable if they actually showed up, but frequently they don't.

It's going to be 86° today, 75° tomorrow, and the 55-60° next week, but I'm predicting extreme cold and snow, because I washed and put away my winter coat.

doggwasher.thumb.jpg.6aea346a5b0516f58cbdf0f93f008310.jpg

• Like 19
  • Haha 6

Good morning all!

Three good days.  My school didn't offer kindergarten, not sure why because my older sisters had kindergarten.  Anyway, I did like my 1st grade teacher (Mrs. Williams) so that's good.

I'll pass on the drink, red wine and the meal (not a fan of ginger).  We'll be at the port on the Grand Australia next year, it will be our last port before sailing back to San Diego.  Thanks for the great photos!

Today I need to get my hair cut, top priority!  Tomorrow the family is planning a day at the Skagit Tulip Fields, a yearly tradition for us. So I should have some colorful tulip photos to post.  This time there will be 12 of us...4 children under the age of 10 and 8 adults.  I made reservations for lunch at our favorite Italian restaurant in Mount Vernon.  Should be a fun day, and though cloudy, 0% chance of rain!  Yay!  I haven't seen anyone since before I got Covid, so really missing everyone. 

Laura @dobiemom Wow, I'm so impressed that you could sleep at all -- I agree with Annie @marshhawk, maybe you can get enough sleep by taking little cat-naps here and there.

Eva @superoma Great job on the Cares and Celebrations list today!  We will be sailing May 1-6 on the Koningsdam, as will @HAL4NOW.

Jacqui @kazu I hope the trial run with Ivan goes well!

Terry @smitty34877 It sounds like Tana's aide is a keeper, so glad you're happy with her.

Brenda @bennybear Happy 50th Anniversary!!

Bruce @aliaschiefand Sharon @Sharon in AZ We took that same cooking class in Puerto Vallarta and enjoyed it a lot.  I remember having a lot of laughs!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

Good afternoon. I forgot earlier to mention my Kindergarten experience. I went to a Seventh Day Adventist Church school in Kansas City, MO. My father’s family were Adventists and I think it was free. My DM was putting my DF through dental school. I was in an all day class and we had nap time after lunch. Maybe that’s where my love of naps are from. 

58 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Yes, We did it last visit and enjoyed so doing it again. Tomorrow in Cabo we are doing the Salsa excursion. Again a repeat but lots of fun.

Thank you for your reply. I’m scheduled for that same one in Cabo too.  Good to know you liked it also. We have a sea day between PV and Cabo though. Maybe the Volendam doesn’t have the speed that the Eurodam has. But I’m happy with all the sea days. 

• Like 18

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!  We found a lovely letter of congratulations from the Governor General in our mail, DH thought we were being invited for tea, lol!   Hard to believe we have been married longer than either of our parents.  The big 50! 

lovely to have some celebrations!  
@superomathanks for the lists today!  
@kazu for the hope for a new canine companion!  Lucky Ivan! 

IMG_4766.jpeg

You look lovely.

Happy 50th anniversary.

e1de25e13098a55ae778cdddaacbc260.gif

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, superoma said:

Well, I posted the list. Unfortunately the formatting of titles didn't carry over from the iPad and I didn’t want to edit after I posted for fear of losing the whole thing. Will format in CC tomorrow! @rafinmd and @JazzyV I can now truly appreciate how much work the list can be. 

Looks great 👍 thank you for doing this. 

5 hours ago, Denise T said:

I work from home today. Teaching and supervising today. I threw up the PTZtv port cams on my television and I am listening to the sounds of the water. Very calming as I continue to cut down the days until my cruise (37). 

Great idea, I need to do that. 😉

3 hours ago, marshhawk said:

If you happen to see an ad for a concert with Bela Fleck this spring summer or fall, go!!!!  I was not sure what to expect.  He is a banjo player who has written classical music for the banjo, and I have been selling tickets for his shows for several symphonies as a telemarketer, but never heard him.  He is doing a new tour this year, and WOW.  It was not blue grass, or classical.  He has combined his talent with three other musicians who are all giants in their own right,  Zakir Hussain (tabla) Edgar Meyer (double bass) and Rakesh Chaurasia (flute),  pure musical fusion.  I bought the tickets as an early birthday gift to myself, and they were selling an early release of their ALBUM and CD.  I bought the CD too.  I hope that it makes me as happy listening to it as it was to watch these musicians.  

https://youtu.be/FU6BQNHMPq8

That’s very nice. 🎶🪕

• Like 15

8 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  I have 56F with a high of 79 expected and a mix of sun and clouds today.  Thanks to Rich @richwmn for this Fleet Report and Daily.  The weather there looks great, just a bit chilly but sunny.  Great day to walk around the city.

On the agenda today are Kindergarten Day, National American Red Cross Giving Day, and San Jacinto Day.  I don't have fond memories of my kindergarten days because twin and I had a wicked witch for a teacher.  After that grade I liked all my teachers.  I hope you all had a great time in Kindergarten.  At first I had National High Five Day posted but that was April 20 so I had to edit and change to National American Red Cross Giving Day.  Sorry Graham @grapau27!  I changed as quick as I realized it.  I should remember to double check first!  Thank you for your explanation of San Jacinto Day though.  And now is as good as any time to consider giving to the American Red Cross.  There are always disasters happening that they help out with.

Another Emily Dickinson quote.  So formal!   The meal of Soy and Ginger Steamed Fish doesn't appeal to me right now but I bet Debbie @dfish will show us some great recipes and pictures.  The drink is Apples and Bourbon and the wine an Italian wine from Tuscany.  I'm sure both are wonderful and give my thanks to Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for their reports on them.  

Thank you in advance to Eva @superoma who is presenting her first Care and Celebration list later.  Prayers for all involved and let's hope things improve soon.  Special thoughts to those who lost their loved ones.  🙏  Cheers to everyone on the Celebration list, and to those cruising or heading to their ports.  Safe travels today Vanessa @JazzyV!!

Our port today is Taiohae, Nuku Hiva, in French Polynesia.  We had that port several times, on July 14, 2021 and July 24, 2022.  Links to those dates are below and I will repost my photos.  I hope you will post yours too because we can never get enough of a South Pacific island, can we?

We visited Nuku Hiva, French Polynesia on our 2017 Maasdam South Pacific cruise.  The Maasdam had a lot of problems with their tender operations on that cruise, taking up to 3 hours to get us all ashore due to using too few tenders or tender platform mechanical issues.  That day we lined up at a platform and were told we had to move to a forward platform and wait for a different tender.  Many unhappy passengers that day!  View from the ship at breakfast.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJrh5UxOETjfQbMb3h4O9v8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJwiq5MblWw6-HQKyAbVclz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Taiohae is a tiny village.  There were tours available using local 4 x 4's but not nearly enough to take a majority of the ship's passengers.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL_vAThvA26nMYt70cCwjv1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKyIV1Fw_Dr231HeSjhNOhz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIbfF4IK4y3btXopvSz_Pm7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

This is a restaurant which had wi-fi but believe me not good enough to even load your email.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIflhnMhFOaY8kiLCgXvyfZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Entertainment for everyone.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI2tugFBongYnro22bdLuO3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

A few of the trucks ready to take people on their tours.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLxjJ0BpfuH2ta9lGgYT-ON?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The remainder of the passengers decided to shop!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJCr7y7-KVlSO6wXMVkz0_w?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJg6xzSH09I68K9flws6Een?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Interesting carvings00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIMghOYVuZTd9GnyHEZmzfY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

This was the food market00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKIMl1FIzcMRIcvoxzEogRO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

But what we enjoyed was the view from shore.  It is really a lovely area.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLVs5NcGmQbwr6MopS7o1QV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKeXwBH-Ygx1Bpt0RJZRo3D?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKawZ0PHfSA8eAX41JqbRax?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLmBNDr0LJ8MLS7wUUdzQAZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIvJnx78qL8k_eZHATbeySD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJhDaCvFwqw4uGrM4sfWNDJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

As we lined up to tender back to the ship we were met with these dancers.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJRv31qosrOOHUWftjYWRQv?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

As we tendered away we saw this interesting scene on a hillside.  ((not real))00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKjrw16b8PFQzF5a6fgB6ij?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Hope you all have a great start to your weekend this Friday April 21st!

OMG. Another RNB look alike a couple days late. There is a photo of someone who looks just like me but I was not on Maasdam in 2017. And I am not the guy beating the drums.

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 7