Summit water

the sea and me

1 minute ago, SSFrance69 said:

what kind of water can you get with the classic beverage package? The same canned one you mention? Also, what kind of water do they put in the AQ staterooms?

When we were in Aqua we got the cans of wate.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SSFrance69 said:

what kind of water can you get with the classic beverage package? The same canned one you mention? Also, what kind of water do they put in the AQ staterooms?

Rain. If you want another brand you will pay the difference plus 20% gratuity.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jcpc said:

Brand is called Rain

LOL...some crew member gets the job of holding them over the side during precipitation and filling 'em up....😆  So when you go on an excursion you also get a can of water instead of a bottle? 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

LOL...some crew member gets the job of holding them over the side during precipitation and filling 'em up....😆  So when you go on an excursion you also get a can of water instead of a bottle? 

It depends on your beverage package - classic get can Rain; Premium can get bottled.  There is more water in the can so we take canned on excursions.

On 4/29/2023 at 11:43 AM, davekathy said:

Rain. If you want another brand you will pay the difference plus 20% gratuity.

Are you sure about your statement or are you just guessing?  I do not believe the non alcoholic drinks work the same as the alcoholic drinks, where you pay the difference.  Of course Celebrity may have changed their program.  

38 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Are you sure about your statement or are you just guessing?  I do not believe the non alcoholic drinks work the same as the alcoholic drinks, where you pay the difference.  Of course Celebrity may have changed their program.  

Are you? Why wouldn't it? No change in the program. No difference if it's an upgraded alcoholic beverage or a bottle of water or water ever beverage that isn't covered under the CBP. 

17 hours ago, hcat said:

we bring our own  fiji ..4 or 6 pack. and then buy the EVIAN.. The Included water ( cans or whatever ) is AWFUL!

We have found that if you put a slice of lemon or lime in the water it's tolerable to take on an excursion... otherwise, tastes like what I would imagine dirt tastes like... lol

33 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Are you? Why wouldn't it? No change in the program. No difference if it's an upgraded alcoholic beverage or a bottle of water or water ever beverage that isn't covered under the CBP. 

A bottle of premium water is full price plus gratuity with the Classic Beverage Plan. It's the primary reason I will probably upgrade to premium for my August sailing. One VitaminWater and 2 Pellegrinos per day and I'm just about at the break even point without factoring in any premium liquor.

• Like 1

When we were on Royal in November we brought our own bottles and filled up at night at the dispenser in the cafe.  I’m guessing we could do the same thing at the OVC.  Of course we use the ship’s clean cups and then fill up our bottles.  The ship water is all filtered and tastes pretty good.  Many people on that cruise were doing the same thing as well.  Canned water; no way. Yuck.

Edited by Cruzinforpeace***

2 hours ago, RichYak said:

A bottle of premium water is full price plus gratuity with the Classic Beverage Plan. It's the primary reason I will probably upgrade to premium for my August sailing. One VitaminWater and 2 Pellegrinos per day and I'm just about at the break even point without factoring in any premium liquor.

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

What RichYAk said is my understanding of how the program as always worked.  Why?  Probably to encourage more people to upgrade.  

Celebrity has discontinued  the Classic and Premium nonalcoholic packages and replaced them with a Zero Proof package.  I would not be totally surprised if they included the Zero Proof in the Classic package at some point. (With a price increase?). I thought you may have experienced a change on a recent cruise.  

1 hour ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

When we were on Royal in November we brought our own bottles and filled up at night at the dispenser in the cafe.  I’m guessing we could do the same thing at the OVC.  Of course we use the ship’s clean cups and then fill up our bottles.  The ship water is all filtered and tastes pretty good.  Many people on that cruise were doing the same thing as well.  Canned water; no way. Yuck.

Yes you can do that, and many people do

6 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

I think we'll opt for bringing along our own (empty) plastic bottles and filling them as needed. 

Refilling water bottles is not recommended, as studies show that increases the leaching of  carcinogenics - https://www.onegreenbottle.com/this-is-why-you-should-never-reuse-single-use-bottles/#:~:text=Health advocates advise against reusing,but reuse should be avoided.