The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday June 6th, 2023

richwmn

Good morning from a clear and calm central Texas.  It is 68F and will reach about 86F this afternoon.  We didn't get any rain yesterday afternoon, so I turned on the sprinklers to run about 10pm.  It worked!  We got another decent rain about 11:30 last night.  There is no rain predicted for today, but that is always subject to change this time of year.  This morning, I will make a quick run to the grocery store and Post Office.  Later, we'll be heading to Waco for a follow up doctor appointment for DH along with a stop at Sam's.

D-Day was a turning point in WWII.  We have been to all the Normandy beaches several times, and were at the 60th anniversary ceremony in 2004.  Of all the National Cemeteries we've visited from Guam to Hawaii to Arlington to the American Cemetery in Normandy, the last one is the most moving for me.  This is a picture of the American Cemetery on June 6, 2004.

IMG_3451.thumb.JPG.e0c9db3a8412b1da29ba77eed5ce9a56.JPG

DH's DSIL's father was one of the first people off Omaha Beach, but we never knew much about his time fighting in Europe until he was asked to introduce President Clinton at the 50th anniversary ceremony in 1994.  Captain Joseph Dawson was a hero who was wounded at Normandy, but who fought with the Big Red 1 until they reached Germany.

I can celebrate higher education and gardening exercise, but was never very good with a yo-yo.

Another interesting quote by Oscar Wilde.

We usually have chicken fajitas, but also like beef fajitas, but not cooked in the air fryer.  We'll pass on the drink, but I would have to taste the wine before I bought it.  Many German Rieslings are sweeter than I like.

We have not been to Tsuruga, Japan, but have been in the general area with a stop in Osaka and a side trip to Kyoto.

@Nickelpenny   Penny, I hope you enjoy Philadelphia and have a safe drive to Long Island.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I'm glad the treadmill is working.

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope your neighbor's recovery continues to go smoothly.  I hope the foot feels better soon.

@ottahand7 Nancy, another pretty iris.

@cruising sister  Lorraine, I hope all goes well at the dentist today.

@smitty34877  Terry, Miss Camille keeps getting cuter and cuter.

@Denise TWelcome home, almost.  I'm glad you enjoyed the cruise and your live from.

@mamaofami  Carol, I'm glad you DH is continuing to recover from his stroke.

343136003_947701173034653_4289781478405210398_n.thumb.jpg.38a100c222482f08a571c074678034a8.jpg

343171470_3474448339438512_8960674015148278672_n.thumb.jpg.45cad9eef9908105ea30b1154837a9f3.jpg

344339986_191031717147429_5304180788510418933_n.png.61380e4aaabbf8a0265fd3657b3c0f50.png

344370977_189113527345570_1180627211783256243_n.thumb.jpg.86901a88391bf5b6669f1ae5e1b7f59e.jpg

344331674_3549137188704883_5636462369282888894_n.thumb.jpg.0fcf07ade3fae4d710c5ae5c183e87a9.jpg

Lenda

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 12

Good Morning from another warm day at the beach

We should never forget D Day. My dad and a few of my uncles were there and that is why we all learned to swim. It was the only thing my dad ever said about the invasion and so many soldiers drown. It was his mission that all of us and every kid in my neighborhod learned to swim. He taught all of us.

I dont have an air fryer but would like todays recipe.

@Denise T Welcome home. Alaska is a beautiful place. Time to plan your next adventure.

@smitty34877 Camilla is a real cutie. Cant believe that she is growing so fast.

Heard on the news last nite that Norwegian is also going to be bringing another ship here in 2024. Port Canaveral is getting crowded.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  D Day is a day that will never be forgotten.  Higher education can be attained by simply learning something new every day.  Gardening certainly is an exercise, and when did I start bending over like my mother?  I had a yo yo as a child, but never became very proficient at it.

I like today's quote - it reminds me of what my mom told me:  If you're chasing someone, unless he has your purse, he's not worth it.   She was right.

Another beautiful day out there for us today - bright sunshine, relatively clear skies and high humidity; even the computer desk feels tacky, which is so uncommon for us on the prairies.  We normally have humidity around 25 - 30 percent, but today we're sitting at 82.  It's going to be a sticky day with temps going up to around 28 this afternoon.  Yesterday we were the province's hot spot when we topped out at 33.6C (92F).

I'm off this morning to have breakfast with my retired colleagues - it's always fun to see what they're up to, as everyone has such diverse interests.  We've got an author, an artist, a jeweler, a chef, and a carpenter - all hobbies taken up after we retired from the bench, so we discuss a lot of different things over our plates.  Today is also our DSIL's birthday, so we'll be catching up with him later this afternoon when we go out for dinner to celebrate.  He officially becomes a senior - today he turns 65, but he has no thought of slowing down, as he's a professional house painter and is always in demand.

@smitty34877 Oh my gosh, I can't believe our little baby Camilla is growing so quickly!  She's such a precious looking little girl now.

@RMLincoln I'm so sorry to hear about your account getting hacked; you'd better get all your funds back, that's why financial institutions have insurance!

I will give the drink of the day a pass, and might have to switch over to drinking white wine simply because of the price!  I know we'd like today's menu suggestion, but we'll be going to a restaurant to celebrate DSIL's birthday, so I won't be cooking anything.  The place we're going has an outdoor patio, so I'm sure we'll be outside enjoying whatever hits our fancy from the menu.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations happening today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Dailyites. Thanks Rich for our Daily. 

Goodness what is happening in our world of news!! Floods, hurricanes,  tornadoes, crashes, clashes, murders and thieves. Praying for Ukraine as the dam burst and people in harm's way. Prayers for Ren's teammates and to all on our cares list. My toe is not broken thank you! The nail is broken down past the quick and I have a soak routine, so I am already on the mend.

Our dog walk this morning was much calmer although we were BOTH on the lookout for critters!  

I used to play yo-yo but loved spinning the top. Also loved paddle ball.

image.png.9b23c3f63a61c696a59596f22079a1b6.png

Meeting friends for lunch today and perhaps a few more walks with my house guest. 

Wishing you all a blessed day!

My sweet nephew at 6 mos

mitene4CC2D80A-11BD-492B-BD1B-8A1DFEE61090.thumb.jpeg.2f57bed86e70b57a6331dc69cd4f5ff0.jpeg

Here's what happens when you come back from the bathroom and someone steals your spot..

06062306382.thumb.jpg.f2f27e59fb33ad1129d13fae6eaf27bf.jpg

Edited by Seasick Sailor
Add photo
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

Buenos Tardes, What a beautiful day here in Malaga, Spain. We did a guided walking tour that included the Palace, Santa Maris Cathedral, Roman theatre ruins and two stops for tapas and sangrias.

We are here until ten PM and we are excited about finally visiting Gibraltar tomorrow.

Last night we enjoyed the guest comedian and tonight we have a violinist. Just got back and after all the walking it’s time to take a break.

Having a grand time. Thanks for the reports.

Bruce

image.jpeg.4222fcb6a715d9c00e242e0e0ff2daac.jpeg

• Like 30

4 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good sunny morning. It’s only supposed to be near 80 today and tomorrow, but windy with a haze from the wildfires. 
This arrived on Saturday for Ninja.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.IMG_1546.thumb.jpeg.22622646b32b5f6f76256bc844096f10.jpeg

How nice of your Vet.

Roy

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

@Seasick Sailor I'm glad the toe was not broken!  Your nephew is adorable!  The reason I chose the laugh this morning, was because I always get up in the middle of the night, and when I get back, there is always a cat in my space.  If it's Tazi, I just move her over, if it's Furnando I will be attacked, so i have to pick him up, hold him, tell him I love him, and then put him on DH's feet.

@ger_77 I have two very different girl friend groups, one group talks politics, which I refuse to talk about, as I dont know much, and think that those running, know less.  And yet we get together about every two months, and the other group, all old enough to be retired, but we all have jobs, and we discuss stupid stuff.  Nothing serious, cats, dogs, what's growing in the garden, light happy fluffy stuff, the three of us meet once a month, and all of us have hubbies who are either recovering from or battling cancer.  I think it would be fun to have a bunch of friends who are interested in doing stuff, that they didn't do before, and follow their journeys.  Have  a great time tonight!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I will salute all those who were involved in D-Day. I have a new perspective after visiting the beaches of Normandy on my cruise in May. Higher education is important for many, including me. I've been getting exercise with yard work, not gardening this year. I used to love playing with a yo-yo as a kid; it was hard to find things to do alone, with no other kids in the neighborhood. Great quote. I like the meal. Pass on the drink. I did drink some kabinetts while in Germany, even though I usually stick to reds. 

I haven't been to Tsuruga.

Another nice day here today. I may attempt trimming some of the front bushes, but maybe not all of them today, to spare my back. We are under an air quality alert, due to smoke from the Canadian wild fires. I don't see signs of the water line replacement people, in order to ask about my sidewalk repair.

@Nickelpenny Welcome to PA! And safe travels to NY state.

@StLouisCruisers Yay on the treadmill working, and congrats to DH for getting it fixed!

@kazu Wow, I wouldn't have known that was a tulip. I'm glad your neighbor is doing ok and is in good hands. 

@smitty34877 Thanks for another photo of Miss Camilla. She's gotten so big right before our eyes.

@Denise T Welcome back! Your live reports were great and appreciated.

@mamaofami It's good to hear that DH is continuing to recover from his stroke.

@ger_77 Happy Birthday to your DSIL!

@Seasick Sailor Good to hear there's no toe fracture, but the nail issues sounds painful! Get better soon. Aww, what a cutie your nephew is!

@aliaschief It sounds like you're having a grand time.

@1ANGELCAT A nice tribute to Ninja.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

From my recent cruise: The American Cemetary in Normandy

IMG_2813.thumb.JPG.febeb1485c3ce768c13ea6db5a672c55.JPG

IMG_2815.thumb.JPG.7bb5949bc65d1db6524602308c748427.JPG

• Like 29
  • Thanks 4

14 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

@rafinmdRoy , I wanted to mention I received an email yesterday from our local theater Santander Performing Arts Center that next April 10 , the touring company of Come From Away is there for 1 show. I’m not sure when tickets will go on sale.

I hope you can get tickets I loved the play. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, all! Good collection of days. These days, gardening is mainly dealing with tent caterpillars. Oh well, this too shall pass. When I was young, I tried to master the yo-yo many times. I never did have any success whatsoever. It just sat there at the end of the string and played dead.

DD in Saskatchewan has Covid again. She had it in March 2020, and took well over a year to recover any strength or energy. She was too weak to hold a job for a full two years. This time she felt very sick on Wednesday and was positive on a self test. The next day she felt blah but was out of bed. On Sunday she cut the back lawn which was getting a bit shaggy. She missed four days of work. And that’s the difference between being vaccinated and not.

DH and I went to Vancouver Island yesterday on a supply run. I put Dawn dish soap,on the list mentally but not physically. Guess what I forgot to buy!🙄

@smitty34877 Miss Camilla, our Daily Baby, is getting so grown up! But just as adorable!

@cat shepard I think I could crawl up on top of the fridge if I really tried, but it would take three firemen and the Jaws of Life to get me down again.

Happy Tuesday, and cheers to our BHB’s, wherever they may be!

9885AE21-6A0A-445E-B5D4-70990F98BB1F.thumb.jpeg.4d1198066ee418f625b6f6f6a73e21dd.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites. Thanks Rich for our Daily. 

Goodness what is happening in our world of news!! Floods, hurricanes,  tornadoes, crashes, clashes, murders and thieves. Praying for Ukraine as the dam burst and people in harm's way. Prayers for Ren's teammates and to all on our cares list. My toe is not broken thank you! The nail is broken down past the quick and I have a soak routine, so I am already on the mend.

Our dog walk this morning was much calmer although we were BOTH on the lookout for critters!  

I used to play yo-yo but loved spinning the top. Also loved paddle ball.

image.png.9b23c3f63a61c696a59596f22079a1b6.png

Meeting friends for lunch today and perhaps a few more walks with my house guest. 

Wishing you all a blessed day!

My sweet nephew at 6 mos

mitene4CC2D80A-11BD-492B-BD1B-8A1DFEE61090.thumb.jpeg.2f57bed86e70b57a6331dc69cd4f5ff0.jpeg

Here's what happens when you come back from the bathroom and someone steals your spot..

06062306382.thumb.jpg.f2f27e59fb33ad1129d13fae6eaf27bf.jpg

Joy, I'm happy the toe is not broken, but sorry about the toenail.  I'm glad today's walk went better, too.

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good sunny morning. It’s only supposed to be near 80 today and tomorrow, but windy with a haze from the wildfires. 
This arrived on Saturday for Ninja.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.IMG_1546.thumb.jpeg.22622646b32b5f6f76256bc844096f10.jpeg

How thoughtful.

2 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  D Day is a day that will never be forgotten.  Higher education can be attained by simply learning something new every day.  Gardening certainly is an exercise, and when did I start bending over like my mother?  I had a yo yo as a child, but never became very proficient at it.

I like today's quote - it reminds me of what my mom told me:  If you're chasing someone, unless he has your purse, he's not worth it.   She was right.

Another beautiful day out there for us today - bright sunshine, relatively clear skies and high humidity; even the computer desk feels tacky, which is so uncommon for us on the prairies.  We normally have humidity around 25 - 30 percent, but today we're sitting at 82.  It's going to be a sticky day with temps going up to around 28 this afternoon.  Yesterday we were the province's hot spot when we topped out at 33.6C (92F).

I'm off this morning to have breakfast with my retired colleagues - it's always fun to see what they're up to, as everyone has such diverse interests.  We've got an author, an artist, a jeweler, a chef, and a carpenter - all hobbies taken up after we retired from the bench, so we discuss a lot of different things over our plates.  Today is also our DSIL's birthday, so we'll be catching up with him later this afternoon when we go out for dinner to celebrate.  He officially becomes a senior - today he turns 65, but he has no thought of slowing down, as he's a professional house painter and is always in demand.

@smitty34877 Oh my gosh, I can't believe our little baby Camilla is growing so quickly!  She's such a precious looking little girl now.

@RMLincoln I'm so sorry to hear about your account getting hacked; you'd better get all your funds back, that's why financial institutions have insurance!

I will give the drink of the day a pass, and might have to switch over to drinking white wine simply because of the price!  I know we'd like today's menu suggestion, but we'll be going to a restaurant to celebrate DSIL's birthday, so I won't be cooking anything.  The place we're going has an outdoor patio, so I'm sure we'll be outside enjoying whatever hits our fancy from the menu.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations happening today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, please wish your DSIL  A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY for us.

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I will salute all those who were involved in D-Day. I have a new perspective after visiting the beaches of Normandy on my cruise in May. Higher education is important for many, including me. I've been getting exercise with yard work, not gardening this year. I used to love playing with a yo-yo as a kid; it was hard to find things to do alone, with no other kids in the neighborhood. Great quote. I like the meal. Pass on the drink. I did drink some kabinetts while in Germany, even though I usually stick to reds. 

I haven't been to Tsuruga.

Another nice day here today. I may attempt trimming some of the front bushes, but maybe not all of them today, to spare my back. We are under an air quality alert, due to smoke from the Canadian wild fires. I don't see signs of the water line replacement people, in order to ask about my sidewalk repair.

@Nickelpenny Welcome to PA! And safe travels to NY state.

@StLouisCruisers Yay on the treadmill working, and congrats to DH for getting it fixed!

@kazu Wow, I wouldn't have known that was a tulip. I'm glad your neighbor is doing ok and is in good hands. 

@smitty34877 Thanks for another photo of Miss Camilla. She's gotten so big right before our eyes.

@Denise T Welcome back! Your live reports were great and appreciated.

@mamaofami It's good to hear that DH is continuing to recover from his stroke.

@ger_77 Happy Birthday to your DSIL!

@Seasick Sailor Good to hear there's no toe fracture, but the nail issues sounds painful! Get better soon. Aww, what a cutie your nephew is!

@aliaschief It sounds like you're having a grand time.

@1ANGELCAT A nice tribute to Ninja.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

From my recent cruise: The American Cemetary in Normandy

IMG_2813.thumb.JPG.febeb1485c3ce768c13ea6db5a672c55.JPG

IMG_2815.thumb.JPG.7bb5949bc65d1db6524602308c748427.JPG

Vanessa, thanks for the pictures from the American Cemetery.

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Happy Tuesday Morning Dailyites!  D-Day is the day I usually start watching my favorite movie/series Band of Brothers.  However, I am going to try to work tonight.  I worked yesterday on the new campaign, interesting.....

I watched a movie last night, called Foxtrot.  An old movie, on Britbox, they are highlighting Peter O'Toole this month.  Very strange movie.  Odd and depressing.  Depicts mankind at it's worse.

Several years ago DH bought me a mosaic table for the porch, and yesterday for the first time, we sat out and had coffee, made our morning phone calls (caught up with all our doctor appointments) and enjoyed the coolness of the morning.  The downside is that the spiders like to make webs near the door, so when you walk out first, your get webbed!  This morning I took a stick and swirled it around at the door before I went out.  I think I might need to do that every morning.

@grapau27The last time @puppycanducruiseposted was May 26th on the Floating Lounge.

@Nickelpenny I love the fact that you are seeing America while getting to your cruise.  Thanks for taking us along on the ride. If you come back the same way, I recommend Antietam and or Gettysburg for a visit.  

We finally after two weeks got to a grocery store last night!  Yay!  And what did I buy?  Well, stuff to make meatloaf, and Ice cream.  Chocolate Ripple ice cream, it's chocolate with fudge swirls and chocolate chips in it.  Thinking breakfast..... 

ct3xl-sm18.jpg

d054da6c7c5c03ae495bc41331be7005.jpg

Thank you.

I have posted on the same floataway lounge thread as Melanie for over 3 years so I will check with my friends on there.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thanks all!  Not liking the injured foot club!  Hope all heal quickly!  
We have visited a lot of Japan but not that port,  but my guess is most would head to Kyoto.  
so a few photos from one of my favourite cities.  

IMG_1392.jpeg

IMG_1379.jpeg

IMG_1360.jpeg

IMG_1342.jpeg

IMG_1307.jpeg

IMG_1290.jpeg

IMG_1259.jpeg

IMG_1313.jpeg

IMG_1312.jpeg

IMG_1317.jpeg

IMG_1323.jpeg

IMG_1386.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 26

Good morning all!

All good days -- we also visited the Normandy sites.  I think I got my gardening exercise yesterday!  So today I'll take it easier.  I never was good at the yo-yo, but mastered the hula hoop LOL.  I like the quote, and even though I don't have an air fryer, will have steak fajitas tonight.  I printed out the first recipe, I have some pineapple juice to use up and the sodium content is lower than my other choice.  I haven't been to Japan, will pass on the drink and would like the wine if it isn't sweet.

Another beautiful day here, it's warming up but only for a couple days.  Looking at 80 tomorrow, then cooler again.  

The plan today is making chocolate chip cookies to take to the grandsons.  Unfortunately we won't see them because they'll be in school, but I know they'll appreciate getting them.  

Speaking of making cookies, I better get at it.  I hope everyone has a great day and prayers for all on the Care list and cheers for everyone celebrating!

• Like 22

Good morning, 

It's another lovely day in the PNW. DS is not on the roof today - or tomorrow - due to heat, but he is working on getting our new roof on. 

For the cookie bakers I just took out the last sheet of oatmeal butterscotch. I take some cookies or treat in to the staff at DH's facility on a daily basis. I do take requests and they are waiting for the new treats to arrive! 

DH continues to improve. We tried getting into the car on Thursday but he couldn't do it. However it allowed the therapists to break the task down and now they are working on pivoting, etc. If he can get in and out of the car fairly independently it opens up so many things for us. I also paid for our September Alaska cruise on the Westerdam. I have it totally insured so if we can't make it we'll be ok. It's a powerful incentive for him to keep working so it's worth it. 

I'm not a gardener and DS will mow the lawn this week. I did do ok with the yo-yo and we had the Yo-Yo Man do assemblies at school for a few years. 

It's graduation on Friday for our local high school and I'm working on tracking down my grads (kids I had in 6th grade) so I can send them cards. So far, out of 27, I sent off 20 cards (with $5.00 Starbucks cards enclosed) yesterday. I have one in Pennsylvania, one in North Carolina, one in Montana, and one in Wyoming. It's fun to catch up with them. I also have 4 that I taught their parents! 

Enjoy the day!

Karen

• Like 27

Buon Sera, from lovely Florence. Italy!
We leave on the train to Rome in the morning.  Then board our Symphony of the Seas cruise on Thursday!

Busy day today, with a tour of Tuscany (and wine 🍷tasting), The Duomo, Bsptistry, and the delightful Leonardo Da Vinci’s Interactive (inventions) machines.   

Keeping all those in need in my thoughts, and happy  for those with good news or celebrations to share. 

Edited by ocean sounds
  • Like 23