Bahamas port fees and tax increase

Booking Original Tax Amount Adjusted Tax Amount Currency
XXXXXX 229.28 354.76 USD

This is for our Icon sailing, August 2024, two people.  Fairly big increase IMO.  Obviously it will not keep us from cruising but still, that's a jump for just two of us.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MandyMooToo said:
Booking Original Tax Amount Adjusted Tax Amount Currency
XXXXXX 229.28 354.76 USD

This is for our Icon sailing, August 2024, two people.  Fairly big increase IMO.  Obviously it will not keep us from cruising but still, that's a jump for just two of us.

yikes 

• Like 1

We have multiple clients booked for March and April 2024 with calls in Bahamas. We haven't seen any emails or other notices yet. We'll keep an eye out of course, but so far we've been kept in the dark. Only way I know about this is from this thread.

Anyone else missing notifications that would be affected by this change?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

I booked via a TA will the e-mail come from Royal or from the TA.  Like to know so that I can follow-up with proper jurisdiction.

We booked with a TA and got the notice directly from Royal.  Have yet to hear from the TA on this matter.

5 minutes ago, MandyMooToo said:

We booked with a TA and got the notice directly from Royal.  Have yet to hear from the TA on this matter.

Interesting.  I have at least 10 bookings thru a TA that go to the Bahamas and have not gotten any notice from Royal or the TA (he's working on them)  Of course I should add I never get any promo emails from Royal either no matter how many times I try to sign up

7 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Interesting.  I have at least 10 bookings thru a TA that go to the Bahamas and have not gotten any notice from Royal or the TA (he's working on them)  Of course I should add I never get any promo emails from Royal either no matter how many times I try to sign up

I think the only consistent thing about Royal (TA booking or not) is that they are completely inconsistent!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I haven't gotten any emails yet, but am expecting it.  We have a ton of cruises booked after Jan 1st, so will see the increase on all but maybe 2 of our cruises as we do a lot of 3 and 4 night cruises.  But it is what it is, not going to stop me from cruising any more than the gas surtax did.  

Haven’t heard from every one yet about our Freedom inside cabin bookings, but for those that responded our increase is $12.16 each.  I presume the rest will have the same increase as we are all in the same room type category.

Went to my account for my February 9 Anthem sail and T&F have not changed, so far.  Also, one of my gripes with their system.  I click on "Make a Payment" for this sail and have to enter all of the indicative information--Ship, date of sail, reserve #, etc. Drives me nuts.😜

On 7/21/2023 at 4:21 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Pretty sure that this increase given the size of it would have been passed on regardless of who was in charge.  $30pp is a lot of money.  Jason will still go after all those nickels and dimes though.

Norwegian premium package is $138 per person per DAY + 20% gratuities - total $166 per day or $1,160 per 7-day cruise or $2,320 per cabin of 2.  That is a lot (comparing to $30)!

33 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

Norwegian premium package is $138 per person per DAY + 20% gratuities - total $166 per day or $1,160 per 7-day cruise or $2,320 per cabin of 2.  That is a lot (comparing to $30)!

How is the NCL premium package cost comparable to an increase in fees? 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, amby6063 said:

How is the NCL premium package cost comparable to an increase in fees? 

A simple pure arithmetic: $1,160 : $30 = almost 40 times more!  Or in other words, increase fees is roughly 2.6% of the NCL premium package.

Just now, kirtihk said:

A simple pure arithmetic: $1,160 : $30 = almost 40 times more!  Or in other words, increase fees is roughly 2.6% of the NCL premium package.

… yes, but the NCL package gives you a drink package, gratuity, wifi etc. this is just a fee increase on something that we had already budgeted for with no additional benefit.  Am I missing something here? 😂

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, amby6063 said:

… yes, but the NCL package gives you a drink package, gratuity, wifi etc. this is just a fee increase on something that we had already budgeted for with no additional benefit.  Am I missing something here? 😂

My point was if additional $30 is a really big concern, a cruise itself would be difficult (pricewise) to accomplish.

Edited by kirtihk