Bahamas port fees and tax increase

1 hour ago, Onvacationmn said:

No idea why so much variation. It’s a Southern Caribbean sailing with only 1 Bahamian stop on Coco Cay. 

Thanks! I am sorry you have such an increase. It seems very strange yours is so high and some are getting refunds. 

3 hours ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Not received any emails for any of our cruises that will be eligible for the new $

Our cruises affected by 🇧🇸 Port Tax

Jan 08 Allure N & CC (Paid in Full)
Apr 28 Symphony N (Paid in Full)
Jul 22 Utopia N & CC
Sep 21 Adventure CC

Feb 10 Utopia N& CC
Feb 27 Voyager B & CC
Apr 05 Icon CC

N = Nassau 
CC = CocoCay
B = Bimini (Yes Bimini)

I am sure we will eventually get an email or 7

I got one you dont. Lol. Adventure dec 21 over Christmas now goes to grand bahama.

I'm sure grand bahama also will get hit by this. 

My harmony out of texas oct 2024 goes to both nassau and coco cay.

Bella2 and bella2.5 both go to coco cay. 

Out of texas very few but I'm planning on moving next year.

1 hour ago, c-leg5 said:

Thanks! I am sorry you have such an increase. It seems very strange yours is so high and some are getting refunds. 

Yeah, the increase/decrease amounts are all over the place! I won’t complain, though, as we were one of the reservations canceled from the Thanksgiving Freedom sailing due to drydock. Going from a two bedroom grand suite on freedom class to a two bedroom grand suite on oasis class for a holiday sailing means we still came out way ahead. Interestingly enough, when we made the switch(Eastern Caribbean no Coco Cay to Southern with Coco Cay) our price went down a few hundred dollars, and now with the increase we are back up to about the original quote. 

18 hours ago, Ashland said:

So our stop at Coco Cay (Icon) May 2024 is going to be an additional $30 pp x's 6 of us?

Oh my !!!

No, it will be $18 pp. I have a May 2024 Symphony cruise booked and that’s what the email I received outlined.

44 minutes ago, Destaw71835 said:

No, it will be $18 pp. I have a May 2024 Symphony cruise booked and that’s what the email I received outlined.

Not exactly.  I received my email from RCI it ends up being $21.78 pp. Our stop in Coco Cay onboard Icon for May 18th.

19 hours ago, nelblu said:

However, my March 31 Anthem sail went from $176.69 to $184.24 ($7.55).  Not too bad of an increase.

PS.  I'm expecting a correction on my February 9 sail.😁

I am wondering why my post was deleted. All I said was that my fees went down.

14 hours ago, schooner_Drinker said:

^This 

Already a common issue with most of the lines when paid in full and some item is added to cart afterward

IT known and still not fixed issue

Just this evening a client of my DW received an email that her Sunday cruise was canceled due to a ZERO balance 

PITA 

I see a lot of people having issues outside of the cc community with these added taxes for cruises paid in full

What in the world do we need to do to assure our cruise is not cancelled over 8 cents??  I need some good advise….please…😢

Ours went up $40 for our November 2024 (2 people in a suite) cruise but did not get a notice for our February 2024 cruise (3 people in a suite) yet.  Both itineraries are going to Coco Cay.  While I’m not thrilled with the increase, for us it’s not the end of the world given how much we’re paying for the suites.

IMG_2601.jpeg

20 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Keep checking 👍🏻

Still NO emails for any of ours (Jan Apr July 2024)

and I have seen people post for May and August 2024 saying they have emails 

Granted two of them are paid in full 

Maybe we are exempt from the tax 😳

Don’t sweat it, I got an e-mail for an October’24, but not for the Easter’24 sail. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/21/2023 at 9:40 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Just got a list from Royal...ouch, could be up to $30pp increase based on the amounts they shared with me by reservation.

The Bahamian government has implemented a change to their departure tax amounts for all cruise guests visiting the Bahamas on or after January 1, 2024. As a result, we will be updating your clients' reservation with the new amount.

The adjusted taxes and fees will be reflected on your clients' booking before the final payment due date. Bookings are being updated in phases, based on the sailing date. The original and new tax amounts are displayed below. There is nothing for you to do, we just wanted to keep you informed!

We realize this is an unexpected charge and apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and we appreciate your continued support.

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez

AVP | Guest Experience

Royal Caribbean International

In the past they refused to lower taxes with the argument they were locked in at the time of booking....now what?! Especially when you changed sailings and ports!

12 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

In the past they refused to lower taxes with the argument they were locked in at the time of booking....now what?! Especially when you changed sailings and ports!

Exactly. I posted the email I got from mbayley office refusing to give me the difference when they changed to less expensive ports. .. says they will not bill extra if prices go up so they dont refund if prices go down. Liars. They want it both ways. They can keep raising cruise prices to make up for it if they locked it in. Carnival always refunds port fees for overage or if a port is  issed. Royalcaribbean is clearly not a honest company. So now I should expect to get the difference if port fees drop? Or rcl keeps them if they drop or charges if they go up. Here is someone replying as I said regarding my query about lower port fees, and missed port. I got 0

20230721_181301.jpg

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Exactly. I posted the email I got from mbayley office refusing to give me the difference when they changed to less expensive ports. .. says they will not bill extra if prices go up so they dont refund if prices go down. Liars. They want it both ways. They can keep raising cruise prices to make up for it if they locked it in. Carnival always refunds port fees for overage or if a port is  issed. Royalcaribbean is clearly not a honest company. So now I should expect to get the difference if port fees drop? Or rcl keeps them if they drop or charges if they go up. Here is someone replying as I said regarding my query about lower port fees, and missed port. I got 0

20230721_181301.jpg

Yes I remember people posting on here  that Royal won't change your port fees if they go up.  I had forgotten about that until you posted the letter

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Yes I remember people posting on here  that Royal won't change your port fees if they go up.  I had forgotten about that until you posted the 

Nothing I can do about it, but its dishonest imo. 

Same day i had some kind of dishonest bait and switch with a hotel room. I'm not sure which is lying but i suspect the hotel. I booked a very large room. Only reason i booked that hotel. Checked in and went to my room and it was teeny tiny. I went and asked and girl says all the kings are booked up sorry. The confirmation  we got was for that tiny queen room. Then this morning he showed me a SPECIAL REQUEST to move me to the smaller room, for the same money  .. said no one ever. I for sure didnt request it. The reason I'm suspicious of the hotel is on the request it had my middle name. The booking did not have my middle name. .. so having both the hotel thing and seeing rcl is going to bill me for higher port fees after they said they dont . . I do feel someone is taking advantage of me. Cant do anything about rcl, but I complained to the hotel booking site. I'm pushing that. But I was already unhappy with corporate america. 

• Like 1