Changes to Princess Plus, room service fees, Alfredo's and others. Fee changes. Etc

LMaxwell

I have a question. I have a cruise booked on the Discovery next year that includes the Plus package. Will I be entitled to the new plus package items or will I have to upgrade?

7 minutes ago, suekel said:

My thoughts.  My last cruise I had the premium package and there were no reservations available for my included 2nd specialty dining.  I doubt that will happen with the smaller venues but one never knows.  I'm cruising with my parents over the holidays.  They won't do a package but we do.   So, if I'm in their cabin and order room service for happy hour appetizers, will it be free if I order it or charge them because it's going to their room.  hmmm.  

You would need to order it to your room and then carry it to their room.  Seems obvious to me.

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

You would need to order it to your room and then carry it to their room.  Seems obvious to me.

Why?  I'm ordering it off my medallion to my location?  Nothing obvious about it.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

If you're ordering a drink through the app and you have a package it doesn't matter where it gets delivered to as they're going to track you anyways which like you said will be in your parents cabin so you should have no problem.

If that's true then why have a separate charge for RS versus using Ocean Now?  I presume/expect Ocean Now won't include cabin delivery.  Why would any guest order from RS if they have paid the $15 per voyage fee?

25 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

Hmm, my August 21 cruise on the Emerald is the start for that ship. Should be interesting

Same for us on CB on August 14th. Yes, I know the contract states that they can make changes at will but AFTER final payment is a low blow. You can't even cancel if you don't like the new policy. I'm not even sure of the value of Elite status these days but see that going by the wayside soon...

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, whitecap said:

So who can participant in the one time $14.95?

Anybody with Standard fare can pay $14.95 per voyage for the "bring it to me anywhere" option. On a B2B you will pay for each segment unless it is booked as a "logical" voyage. If you book as 2 or 3 cruises then you pay for each segment. If you book it as a 14 day cruise rather than as two 7 day cruises then one fee of $14.95 will cover the entire voyage.

• Like 1

Just confirmed in the Q&A at the Webinar.  Guest A books two 7-night physical voyages as a B2B.  They have to pay the $15/voyage fee TWICE to access Ocean Now service.  Guest B books the 14-night logical voyage.  They will only have to pay ONE $15/voyage fee for Ocean Now.

So, another consideration when deciding whether to book two voyages or one for B2B travel.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Anybody with Standard fare can pay $14.95 per voyage for the "bring it to me anywhere" option. On a B2B you will pay for each segment unless it is booked as a "logical" voyage. If you book as 2 or 3 cruises then you pay for each segment. If you book it as a 14 day cruise rather than as two 7 day cruises then one fee of $14.95 will cover the entire voyage.

LOL  You type faster than I.

Edited by Steelers36

...and regarding price increase for Plus....

check the math if you are booking in 2024 or 2025

Looking at South American cruises, the Plus per day increased to $70 for 2024.

In 2025, it's $80 / day.

Unless those are typos by Princess.

I doubt it.

Those prices take me 'out' for buying Plus....these new fees / "benefits" don't justify it for me.....

• Like 5

1 hour ago, fpsphil said:

image.thumb.png.74a33e3f1dfaa24273145c8d63afa853.png

Did anyone else notice #7 above?  These packages are "capacity controlled"!  So if you wait to book onboard using OBC they may be "sold out"!?!   ugghhhhhhhh  

FWIW I sailed Oceania this spring and I am sailing Windstar this fall.  Yes they are a bit more (especially windstar).  Oceania (was not much more at all and now that you have to include plus or premium to even get room service wellllllll) had spectacular food (lobster and fillet at the upper deck grill every single day and don't get me started on my lollipop lamb chops for breakfast every day), outstanding specialty dining included for all and all the excellent barista coffees, filtered water and an amazing fresh juice bar and incredible premium ice cream parlor included in the basic price.  There is always one night where it's open bars across the ship and the captain pays.  Twice every night there is a 2 for 1 happy hour.  We did not need OLife or any beverage package as everything we wanted was included.

So for those of you who are used to paying for at least a mini suite I would suggest Oceania.  

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Foresee lots of staff confusion and visits to Guest Services when the a la carte burger and fries, for example, is mistakenly used as your 'price fixed' option when you didn't intend to use it that way. 

Have fun on those initial voyages when this thing gets rolled out...

I’m really beginning to regret the decision to try Princess again in November after a 10year absence. And being based in UK, we don’t even have the option of cancelling our booking FOC. Oh well, back to Cunard and Celebrity after this one. At least they have the feeling of a premium line, not sure what I will get on Princess as a basic Standard fare voyager. 

Edited by Bedruthen
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Catchum said:

I believe the lines you mention are much more expensive and include alchol - you can't opt out if you don't drink. Maybe Cunard or celebrity would be better options.

I think X is $9.95 for RS.  

13 minutes ago, paradiselivin1 said:

Same for us on CB on August 14th. Yes, I know the contract states that they can make changes at will but AFTER final payment is a low blow. You can't even cancel if you don't like the new policy. I'm not even sure of the value of Elite status these days but see that going by the wayside soon...

This is similar to what Celebrity did after the New Year. We were cruising early in the year and final payment had been months earlier. Room service switched to continental breakfast only free and delivery fee and gratuity to a hot breakfast or any room service after 11am. 
Our DD who likes to sleep in had fruit and danish only for breakfast. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

...and regarding price increase for Plus....

check the math if you are booking in 2024 or 2025

Looking at South American cruises, the Plus per day increased to $70 for 2024.

In 2025, it's $80 / day.

Unless those are typos by Princess.

I doubt it.

Those prices take me 'out' for buying Plus....these new fees / "benefits" don't justify it for me.....

They claimed in the webinar no price increase for the packages.  Of course such a claim only lasts so long until the company decides on an increase.  I think they want to get more people booking it before doing that.

• Like 2

So we booked our Sun Princess cruise with Old Princess Plus i.e. before December 14th (when they announced the Plus/Premier changes).  Am I correct in assuming that if I don't pay the upgrade fee ($100 each) to the new Plus tier, we will need to pay to eat at Alfredos, pay the Ocean Now activation  fee and pay for each Room Service delivery during the voyage?  i.e. were they considered part of my original package?

1 minute ago, dides said:

So we booked our Sun Princess cruise with Old Princess Plus i.e. before December 14th (when they announced the Plus/Premier changes).  Am I correct in assuming that if I don't pay the upgrade fee ($100 each) to the new Plus tier, we will need to pay to eat at Alfredos, pay the Ocean Now activation  fee and pay for each Room Service delivery during the voyage?  i.e. were they considered part of my original package?

Yes.

55 minutes ago, tootsiescurly said:

Does this mean we will have to pay an additional fee for Premier to avail ourselves of these meals on our November cruise?

Only if you have paid less than $80/pp/day for Premier.  If you upgrade to $80, then all included.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

They claimed in the webinar no price increase for the packages.  Of course such a claim only lasts so long until the company decides on an increase.  I think they want to get more people booking it before doing that.

I wasn't a fan of the remarks they made towards the end of the webinar, in regards to people who opt for standard fare. Pretty much saying we're an anomaly and what's wrong with us. And even continued to say even if you don't drink alcohol why wouldn't you want it at least take the plus out, as you're getting so much. Sorry Carmen, you're not getting so much of most things in the package don't pertain to you on things you won't use. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

We don’t usually bother ordering on the app for delivery, but is your take on this that after paying the $15 access fee to Oceannow there wouldn’t be any further charges to have delivery to the room as your “location”?

I do not believe the cabin is going to count as an Ocean Now location.  Otherwise, why have the separate RS charge?  Folks would just pay the one $15 fee and be done.  Separate items.  Not saying I agree, but this is what I get from the change.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Did anyone else notice #7 above?  These packages are "capacity controlled"!  So if you wait to book onboard using OBC they may be "sold out"!?!   ugghhhhhhhh  

FWIW I sailed Oceania this spring and I am sailing Windstar this fall.  Yes they are a bit more (especially windstar).  Oceania (was not much more at all and now that you have to include plus or premium to even get room service wellllllll) had spectacular food (lobster and fillet at the upper deck grill every single day and don't get me started on my lollipop lamb chops for breakfast every day), outstanding specialty dining included for all and all the excellent barista coffees, filtered water and an amazing fresh juice bar and incredible premium ice cream parlor included in the basic price.  There is always one night where it's open bars across the ship and the captain pays.  Twice every night there is a 2 for 1 happy hour.  We did not need OLife or any beverage package as everything we wanted was included.

So for those of you who are used to paying for at least a mini suite I would suggest Oceania.  

All recently changed on Oceania. No Olife. You pay all inclusive and this includes an excursion  O.B.credit that you may not wish to use, drinks you may not wish to have. No opting out.

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes.

I think that's pretty bad - we're paying a huge amount of money for the cruise already, being sold the Sun Princess vision 😁 and on the basis that all that was included in our holiday. Then suddenly they change the vision!

• Like 5