What is your pet peeve(s) with Holland America ?

scubacruiserx2

6 minutes ago, DFWGUYZ said:

Navigator App is not compatible with Android Note 8 that is only seven years old!

In today's world,  a 7 year old phone is ancient. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Boatdrill said:

Sounds like your pet peeve is with the people enjoying their time together, rather than with the cruise line. 

Why should their "enjoyment" mean I don't get a place to sit to eat my meal?

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SteelMagnolia9 said:

I went into my HAL account this morning and found it mostly wiped out. It had my name, no address, my next booking was gone and it states I have zero cruise credits. It was basically an account shell for me. I’ll have to call them when they open. Frustrating.

Same here!

They need to get some new entertainment. We go on a lot of cruises with HAL so we have seen most of the shows several times and lately did not even go to them. Sure would be nice to have something new.

• Like 6

The Lido pool area also has people playing cards for hours, so that is not a place to find an empty table. I have seen people taking their food from Lido back to their rooms because they cannot find a table. Some people give up and are forced to order room service. I think it's great that HAL offers room service - but people should not be forced to order it if they would rather eat in the Lido. I liked auntmeg's post by mistake.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DFWGUYZ said:

Navigator App is not compatible with Android Note 8 that is only seven years old!

Appallingly, nor is it compatible w/ semaphore flags and/or tin cans and string.   

Itinerary design, and duration in ports is an annoyance for me. Broadly speaking, arrive late, depart early (when compared to other lines) is a bit frustrating, especially when one is staking out the brand positioning of being 'about the voyage'.   They have created a 'legendary voyages' category that have some longer port stays, but those itins are 25-50 days, which isn't compatible with ppl still working. Scott. 

Edited by YXU AC*SE
  • Like 2

Because we live in hot and humid South Florida we always have a bottle and drink lots of it . We are now entering the active hurricane season for about 2 months and stock up as we have a well and when our power goes out - the water does . Under medical advice we drink and cook with spring water . 

HAL sells their spring water for $29.50 for 12 - 500 ml in a bottle . Their canned water would cost $50 for the equivalent amount of purified water . It's $ 5 for only 355 ml . When we did our last Princess cruise in 2022 for our 45 anniversary we bought 12 - 500 ml for only $6.90 . You can see the bottles that we are drinking from at lunch in the 3rd photo of our review found here :

At our local Publix today we paid $ 7.00 for 48 - 500 ml spring water bottles !  So HAL charges $ 5 for 1- 355 ml can while Publix charges $ 7 for 48 - 500 ml bottles . If this occurred after a hurricane in Florida it's a $1000 fine under the Price gouging law enacted after Hurricane Andrew .

https://www.keyssao.org/184/Price-Gouging

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mabs said:

They need to get some new entertainment. We go on a lot of cruises with HAL so we have seen most of the shows several times and lately did not even go to them. Sure would be nice to have something new.

I totally agree with you. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

How does free water in Lido and from the faucets balance out the idea of 'price gouging'?

Or, the fact that if they are charging what they always charge, its not gouging, as there was no price increase during time of an emergency or disaster...a requirement for the charge of gouging. People practicing law without a license?

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

How does free water in Lido and from the faucets balance out the idea of 'price gouging'?

poster is talking about spring water as apparently has been told by MD that he/she must only drink spring water, not filtered. So, I guess the 'free' water is not for them,

• Haha 2

All of the cute waitresses in the LIDO who insist I try the chocolate cake or go for seconds because i am "on vacation" that result in me gaining too much weight...it is all their fault.  But i forgive them as they really are charming.

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, BetsyS. said:

... I liked auntmeg's post by mistake.

Hey @BetsyS. you can "unlike" the post (no offense AuntMeg) by clicking it again.

When you go to the post, your reaction will have an "x" by it on the right side. Just click it and it will remove your "like."

20230805_140440.jpg

20230805_140348.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I will start with a few:

Sometimes embarrassingly small food portions---aka, 3 raviolis for dinner.

Most often Very poor desert quality.

No free drinks for Happy Hour in the Neptune Lounge.

Food Quality inconsistency....

• Like 2

The Eurodam has shelves for clothing instead of drawers.  If I want to hang a dress, I lose a shelf.

I figured by the end of the week, I would be used to it, but no.  It was still annoying.  After 59 years, I prefer my underwear in a drawer and not on a shelf!

• Like 4