No more aluminum water bottles. Back to plastic

fstuff1

55 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Several reasons, with small and arthritic hands holding these cartons is hard, even when pouring half and half. Then, when they are full I can see squeezing it and dribbling water down my chin. 

Ask for a plastic straw. 😉

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, SoloAlaska said:

Your making the assumption that you are the majority in refusing to drink out of a box with a plastic spout. If NCL has successfully made the switch on a cruise line and millions of others in North America have as well then why do you assume X customers are so “special “ that they refuse. 

Enjoy your cheap plastic bottles of water and I’ll choose my alkaline spring water in environmentally friendly packaging. 

It does look like the environmentally friendly carton has a plastic cap.

Just got off a Virgin cruise in the Med.   They have no bottled water, you are provided with 2 carafe's filled with water in your room that are refilled as needed by your room attendant and there are several water filling stations around the ship.  I did pack two different sizes of stainless steel water bottles with me (I was freaking out packing these things as they take up a decent amount of space)

I thought I would hate this, as I like having bottle available at all times... It actually worked out GREAT.  The water I brought on excursions stayed cold and the one time I needed more water on an excursion I just bought a plastic bottle for $2   On previous cruises I always over packed water on my excursions because I did not want to run out, and always seem to come back to the ship with un drank bottles that I carried around all day.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, basenji56 said:

I hate the aluminum cans. Between the wetness and my surgically reduced grip strength, I often can’t get then open 

There were not cans. They are bottles with screw on top. I liked them. Water stays cold longer.

4 minutes ago, ISABELLA said:

There were not cans. They are bottles with screw on top. I liked them. Water stays cold longer.

My water stayed very cold because I could never get the BOTTLE open so I threw it in the trash

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/7/2023 at 9:29 AM, basenji56 said:
23 hours ago, basenji56 said:

On 8/7/2023 at 9:29 AM, basenji56 said:

I hate the aluminum cans. Between the wetness and my surgically reduced grip strength, I often can’t get then open 

I have the same problem........

21 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I don't mean this in a negative way, when it comes to X passengers, wouldn't you consider those from Canada the minority?  In the US, most if not all the Starbucks sell water in plastic bottles

If you ever sail on an X Caribbean cruise in the Winter you would not find Canadians in the minority?😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyler414 said:

Just got off a Virgin cruise in the Med.   They have no bottled water, you are provided with 2 carafe's filled with water in your room that are refilled as needed by your room attendant and there are several water filling stations around the ship.  I did pack two different sizes of stainless steel water bottles with me (I was freaking out packing these things as they take up a decent amount of space)

I thought I would hate this, as I like having bottle available at all times... It actually worked out GREAT.  The water I brought on excursions stayed cold and the one time I needed more water on an excursion I just bought a plastic bottle for $2   On previous cruises I always over packed water on my excursions because I did not want to run out, and always seem to come back to the ship with un drank bottles that I carried around all day.

I stuff the clean stainless steel bottles with clean socks or clean rolled sleep shirts to preserve packing space. 

Yes, I'm weird.

Yes, it works. 

8 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

I stuff the clean stainless steel bottles with clean socks or clean rolled sleep shirts to preserve packing space. 

Yes, I'm weird.

Yes, it works. 

Yes, you are not alone.

We do the same.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

Yes, I'm weird.

Yes, it works. 

Didn't think of that even thought I stuff all my shoes with stuff.  🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MamaFej said:

Yes, I'm weird.

Yes, it works. 

Why pack it at all?  Whether in an airport/plane or waiting in line to board the ship, having a water bottle "stuffed" with, you know, water, that you can access anytime is its biggest benefit.  We wouldn't want to carry it everywhere so we use a backpack with bottle holder pockets on the sides yet various $5-$10 solutions exist on Amazon

image.thumb.png.1c23a6a429a94c3a7063e90a3baa53df.png

On 8/7/2023 at 12:21 PM, m8zenblue said:

Yes, my wife has severe arthritis and we had to get  servers with a towel to open them.

If you sail again and they actually haven't removed the metal cans fleetwide, I recommend you try what I do.  I bring one of those rubber grip bottle openers.  Makes it much easier to open.

29 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I’m also on Summit and haven’t seen a plastic water bottle yet. Just aluminum. 🤷‍♂️

Wha?

Every bar I've been to only has this for regular water.

What bar is giving you aluminum water?

IMG_20230808_175331226.jpg

23 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

If you sail again and they actually haven't removed the metal cans fleetwide, I recommend you try what I do.  I bring one of those rubber grip bottle openers.  Makes it much easier to open.

We don’t mess with the cans anymore, we get bottles of Evian.