Need help please. Hawaiian cruse “adjusted”

50 minutes ago, seasidemama said:

Assuming travel insurance may cover cost of flights or other travel arrangements that may have been paid for.

Travel insurance won't cover it if Royal didn't cancel the cruise. They're still moving you from Vancouver to Honolulu. 

5 hours ago, Rusty_lock said:

People are dying all over the world all the time because horrible things happening yet you still go on cruises and would gripe too if this was your dream cruise.

No...I don't think would.

5 hours ago, Rusty_lock said:

I shouldn’t be shocked but yet I am by so many peoples lack of empathy

Pot...kettle...black.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ccotting said:

Well, we are booked on Brilliance for Hawaii in September and we are stopping at Kauai and that was the planned itinerary before the situation with Maui unfolded.  

I guess the cruises I looked at didn’t include it, glad other cruises are stopping there.  We did the Hawaii TA twice, first on Legend many years ago, and in 2019 on Radiance and it was 7 days on the islands. Brilliance is our favorite ship, have a wonderful time!

12 hours ago, tkalina1111 said:

So sad((( I was hoping it might help.. May I ask you what would you? 

Welcome to CC.

Please ignore that poster on this subject - they post that text as a template and are completely clueless on what can be resolved by writing to that address. Be patient, your refund may take a while.

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, tkalina1111 said:

So sad((( I was hoping it might help.. May I ask you what would you? 
I’ve had 7 cruises before and never had that situation before(

Ignore that poster.  They post the same thing everytime it comes up despite numerous people including myself who have used it with great success.  While the e mail does not get to the president himself it does get directed to the executive offices and senior staff and most definitely is not sent offshore.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

While the e mail does not get to the president himself it does get directed to the executive offices and senior staff and most definitely is not sent offshore.

And on more than one occasion, we were called directly from the person in the executive office that was handling our issue to give us updates because her emails to my email address were not getting through to me. She even emailed us after our next cruise to make sure that everything was handled properly on board.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Yup, but bad news for Royal though, they are really going to have to lower the prices now to fill that ship going from Vancouver to Honolulu(9 Nights) October 6th

Prices for  the next sailing from Honolulu  to Sydney are really low too, an (18 night sailing). October 15th

I think it was ourusualbeach but maybe someone else said he could get to Australia it was a $3k flight though. I do read flights have gone down. Might be better in the last few weeks. 

Oct 6 would be cutting it close for me. I think I get back from allure sept 30. 

17 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal just recently shortened the AD TA for the fall of 2024 from 13 days to 12 and cancelled the sailing

Confused. The Eastbound Adventure TA in October 2024 is still showing as open for bookings. Was the change offer made because of the port changes?

Capture.JPG

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Welcome to CC.

Please ignore that poster on this subject - they post that text as a template and are completely clueless on what can be resolved by writing to that address. Be patient, your refund may take a while.

@Biker19 is right.

As others have said, we emailed RC Head Office when we had issues and received a call back resolving our issues. They did not go offshore, and we definitely did not get canned answers.

• Like 5

Apparently Kona isn't an option due to the Ironman there but at least they could have done scenic cruising around the islands.  Victoria and Seattle are useless for this itinerary.

More interesting is how they will handle immigration.  Normally you go through US immigration in Canada Place before sailing and emailed notices indicate that once you get on the ship you can't get off.  But next port is now Victoria, so US immigration in Vancouver is a waste of time.  I expect that everyone on the ship will have to go through immigration again for the Seattle port stop.