What has Celebrity done to their chocolate croissants?

Cheer Dad

Am on the Apex now and have tried the chocolate croissants from multiple venues.  All chocolate croissants sampled seemed to be the same - not fresh but maybe from frozen. The plain croissants from Luminae seem to be baked fresh on board. 

The chocolate croissants seem to be baked elsewhere, have dark chocolate inserted after baking, frozen and packaged for delivery to ship. The sticks of chocolate can be removed entirely in one piece and don’t seem to have gone through the baking process. They all have dimpled impressions that would be removed in the baking process. 

What gives?  Cheaper to make onshore in commercial bakery?

• Haha 1

My understanding is all croissants are baked fresh every day on the ships.  

I have noticed that since resumption of cruising they have downsized them to about 50% of the previous ones.   The ones in Retreat / Luminae have remained the traditional size.  

16 hours ago, Lastdance said:

I love the almond croissants right out of the oven😘

These use to be our favorites until we encountered the pistachio rolls in Luminae on our last cruise. 

We still eat the almond croissants but not as many as we use to. 

During our recent July Equinox cruise I had a choc croissant every morning for breakfast. Most morning they were hot and really good. I ate about 8 am in MDH and they were great. When I ate at 830 on two occasions they were not hot and not as good. Either way they were the same size and really good. 

This is bugging me.

This is a croissant.

Croissant - Wikipedia

This is a pain au chocolat.

How to Prepare Trader Joe's Chocolate Croissants - The Default Cook

Which one are we talking about, please?  Does anyone have a picture of what I'll get from the Café al Bacio?  Yes, it really is that important.  😁

Edited by zitsky

On 8/13/2023 at 5:31 PM, Jim_Iain said:

My understanding is all croissants are baked fresh every day on the ships.  

I have noticed that since resumption of cruising they have downsized them to about 50% of the previous ones.   The ones in Retreat / Luminae have remained the traditional size.  

The ones in the OV normally have one piece of chocolate.  The ones in Luminae had two.

1 hour ago, Michael1965 said:

2 hours ago, Michael1965 said:

The best is the chocolate cake in the dining room -- they should offer that for breakfast.

Joked about having the chocolate cake for my disembarkation breakfast in Luminae on the Equinox.  To my amazement, it showed up with a side of bacon 💕

3B49E066-48FB-4AD4-B76A-0442C26DEBB5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1