On Equinox in a Sky Suite (after butler change)

DingoMom

We boarded the Equinox for an 8-night cruise this past Saturday, Aug 19, in a Sky Suite. Our room attendant wears a Retreat name tag. He takes care of 7 suites. His service has been superior. He does everything we used to request from a butler: laundry, ice, and whatever else we have asked for. We have not requested room service, but our neighbors have. The team in the Retreat Lounge ‘reminded’ us that they are there to help us out, and that for any matters pertaining to Guest Relations, Shore Excursions, Specialty Dining, or Future Cruises, we should come to them (and not wait in line). We were advised NOT to drink anything from the mini-bar (incl Evian) or there would be a charge. Getting water at any venue to bring back to the cabin has not been an issue. I spoke to one of the gentlemen who is always at the Retreat Lounge last night (unsure if he is a Concierge or a Butler, but am betting on the former) and requested to sit down with him today to discuss the changes. Unfortunately, I got sick last night and haven’t left the room today, so I had to delay that conversation. I read the full thread with the request that someone currently in a Sky Suite provide an update. When I talk to the Retreat fellow, I will try to get as many answers as I can!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 21

Firstly, I do hope you feel better soon.  Would particularly like to know whom to contact to get a coffee brought up from Al Bacio on request. Also how the reserved theatre seating would work. Our butler used to look out for us.  Hope you can get to enjoy the rest of your cruise.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DingoMom said:

We boarded the Equinox for an 8-night cruise this past Saturday, Aug 19, in a Sky Suite. Our room attendant wears a Retreat name tag. He takes care of 7 suites. His service has been superior. He does everything we used to request from a butler: laundry, ice, and whatever else we have asked for. We have not requested room service, but our neighbors have. The team in the Retreat Lounge ‘reminded’ us that they are there to help us out, and that for any matters pertaining to Guest Relations, Shore Excursions, Specialty Dining, or Future Cruises, we should come to them (and not wait in line). We were advised NOT to drink anything from the mini-bar (incl Evian) or there would be a charge. Getting water at any venue to bring back to the cabin has not been an issue. I spoke to one of the gentlemen who is always at the Retreat Lounge last night (unsure if he is a Concierge or a Butler, but am betting on the former) and requested to sit down with him today to discuss the changes. Unfortunately, I got sick last night and haven’t left the room today, so I had to delay that conversation. I read the full thread with the request that someone currently in a Sky Suite provide an update. When I talk to the Retreat fellow, I will try to get as many answers as I can!

As with others who have commented, trust you are better soon in order to enjoy your cruise, and look forward to what you may find out from the Concierge or Butler to help clear the air between second or third hand experiences and real-time ones.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DingoMom said:

line). We were advised NOT to drink anything from the mini-bar (incl Evian) or there would be a charge.

So now even soft drinks from the mini-bar are an up charge?

Edit bc I forgot my manners 🤦‍♀️I hope you are feeling better!

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

So now even soft drinks from the mini-bar are an up charge?

Edit bc I forgot my manners 🤦‍♀️I hope you are feeling better!

In Sky Suites wasn’t the original stock of soft drinks always a charge, same as water, beer and liquor?  What wasn’t was ones added by you or your butler.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

In Sky Suites wasn’t the original stock of soft drinks always a charge, same as water, beer and liquor?  What wasn’t was ones added by you or your butler.

Ok, so maybe that's what I'm remembering...yes, I think if the butler stocked it then it was complimentary but if it was there before you arrived, then it was a charge.  Talk about bass ackward.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mark_K said:

We were not charged for soft drinks or water pre Covid.  Post Covid we were not charged for soft drinks water or beer.  Wine and liquor we were told would be charged.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DingoMom said:

We were advised NOT to drink anything from the mini-bar (incl Evian) or there would be a charge. 

I hope you are feeling better and get to enjoy the rest of your cruise. 

This is certainly disappointing to hear.  My first request is going to be for them to remove all of that so I can stock the mini-fridge with what I want to drink. 

We've also have never been charged for any water or soda that was in the mini-fridge, whether there when we arrived or put them afterwards.  Can't remember ever drinking any of the wine that was in the mini-fridge, only the bottle on ice on embarkation day. 

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

This is certainly disappointing to hear.  My first request is going to be for them to remove all of that so I can stock the mini-fridge with what I want to drink. 

Pretty much what I'm going to do - as I did when booked in Concierge or Aqua, with the drink package.