The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday September 17th, 2023

richwmn

6 hours ago, richwmn said:

Destination of the Day - Giardini-Naxos, Taormina, Sicily Italy

Another HAL port that I haven't been to. Naples is the closest I've been.

@rafinmd Roy, I concur that if you're only tired, cruises a good way to recuperate, and I'm guessing that you'll go to NYC by train, not by air. I'd say to pack light in case you have to handle your own luggage, but with Cunard packing light probably isn't feasible, so yes, you should send a bag ahead.

Kooks.thumb.jpg.5faf8ba02fef084db066f94c83d3dc23.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Good late morning,

DGS just left and I now have time to sit and catch up. I had a shopping day with my DGD yesterday and she loved it. Grandma is tired!  

Annie how is your eye?  Sorry to hear about you home damage. Hopefully insurance will cover some if not most of it. 

I have a fondness for red pandas. We adopt one every year from the zoo to help with their care and breeding. 

I hope the worst is over for our NE friends. It sounds like Jacqui did well through the storm. 

I am glad Lou is resting comfortably. Hospice is such a help with pain management. 

I am glad the COL went well, it is emotional but helps everyone  heal. 

Prayers for our care list and for those suffering around the world. 

Have a great Sunday. 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Good Sunday morning. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Late start as I am a bit under the weather with a stomach bug. I think the worst is over. My Fancy is so empathetic that all she wanted to do was cuddle with me. 

Rain starting soon and will last into tomorrow. I will just rest for the remainder of the day. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

Citizenship and Constitution Days are worth celebrating. I will salute red pandas and saw some in a  Chongquin  zoo when I did a river cruise in China. Good quote. Yes to the meal and wine. Pass on the drink. I haven't been to Taormina. An important day in history, that led to better health.

It's rainy and cloudy; we'll only get to 68F today. I had a good night's sleep and am feeling better today. My project this morning was to try to get iCloud drive working again, so I could access the Care List on my iPad for early morning posting. Lots of complaints on the webs, and if you reset the app you lose the data. So I copied everything from it to a folder on the PC and reset. Yay, it now works again and also I didn't lose the files (if I hadn't backed them up, I probably might have). Otherwise, just a relaxing day for me.

@grapau27 Thanks for the link. Your weather looks like mine here.

@StLouisCruisers Lovely Taormina photos. 

@Mr. Boston Thanks for the photos. Florence is one of my favorite places.

@puppycanducruise Hoping for a wonderful wedding day for your niece (although I hear rain on your wedding day is supposed to be lucky).

@1ANGELCAT Hugs on your dear friend Mabel's heavenly birthday. 

@smitty34877 Prayers for Lou, you, Tana and your family. I'm glad the family is able to get there for support when they can. I hope for a smooth day for you today on your own.

@rafinmd I'm glad you slept well. Rest is important to recover completely.

@kazu I'm glad your trees stayed put, but sad to see all the other downed trees and flooding. Hopefully the branch did no significant damage. I am happy you and Ivan are ok.

@dfish Thanks for the recipes. Safe trip to the bridal shower.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Great photos from Taormina and Naxos. 

@Seasick Sailor I'm glad your sister wasn't injured in the car accident. 

@aliaschief Have a safe drive to Seattle today, and safe flight back to FL tomorrow.

@Haljo1935 Nice photo. Enjoy the day!

@0106 Enjoy the day with your parents at the Orioles game!

@tupper10 @SusieKIslandGirl Bon Voyage!

@dobiemom I'm glad you're enjoying LV.

@Lady Hudson Good news about going to Greenland.

@luvteaching I'm glad the Celebration of Life/family picnic was so well attended and rewarding. Enjoy your late lunch today with your cousin and her DH.

@marshhawk I'm sorry to hear about all the house issues and the bank account problem. I hope you feel better today after your dinner out yesterday. Is your eye ok?

@Horizon chaser 1957 Congrats on booking the cruise. 

@Denise T Sorry to hear about the stomach bug; feel better soon!

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those with something to Celebrate.

Red pandas in Chongquin zoo

China288-ChongqingZooRedPandas.thumb.JPG.ed4d0f4e0edb1ca3417bb63caf4cd842.JPG

• Like 22
  • Thanks 7

17 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Citizenship and Constitution Days are worth celebrating. I will salute red pandas and saw some in a  Chongquin  zoo when I did a river cruise in China. Good quote. Yes to the meal and wine. Pass on the drink. I haven't been to Taormina. An important day in history, that led to better health.

It's rainy and cloudy; we'll only get to 68F today. I had a good night's sleep and am feeling better today. My project this morning was to try to get iCloud drive working again, so I could access the Care List on my iPad for early morning posting. Lots of complaints on the webs, and if you reset the app you lose the data. So I copied everything from it to a folder on the PC and reset. Yay, it now works again and also I didn't lose the files (if I hadn't backed them up, I probably might have). Otherwise, just a relaxing day for me.

@puppycanducruise Hoping for a wonderful wedding day for your niece (although I hear rain on your wedding day is supposed to be lucky).

@smitty34877 Prayers for Lou, you, Tana and your family. I'm glad the family is able to get there for support when they can. I hope for a smooth day for you today on your own.

@kazu I'm glad your trees stayed put, but sad to see all the other downed trees and flooding. Hopefully the branch did no significant damage. I am happy you and Ivan are ok.

@aliaschief Have a safe drive to Seattle today, and safe flight back to FL tomorrow.

@luvteaching I'm glad the Celebration of Life/family picnic was so well attended and rewarding. Enjoy your late lunch today with your cousin and her DH.

@marshhawk I'm sorry to hear about all the house issues and the bank account problem. I hope you feel better today after your dinner out yesterday. Is your eye ok?

Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV.

I hope you are well.

You do a fantastic job with the daily lists.

On Wednesday I have a check up hospital appointment with the skin cancer consultant.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 17

53 minutes ago, Denise T said:

Late start as I am a bit under the weather with a stomach bug. I think the worst is over. My Fancy is so empathetic that all she wanted to do was cuddle with me. 

Rain starting soon and will last into tomorrow. I will just rest for the remainder of the day. 

I hope you are feeling much better very soon Denise.

• Like 11

Good morning and Happy Sunday from sunny Tucson. I was in Giardini Naxos June 7, 2022 on the Oosterdam. I decided to do a wine tasting tour instead of going into Taormina. I’ll post some pictures in a separate post. 

Today’s meal suggestion is something I make often with soft tortillas but I love the crispy ones I have at our local Mexican restaurant. We are having tacos today but not ground beef, I bought a  biriria beef mix from TJ’s and just need to put them together. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 20

Good morning and thanks all! 
Very thankful to hear @kazu is safe!  
@ger_77 stress has a way of catching up with us and it’s often after the event we need that extra rest!  Hope you and Maurice get lots of it, but once he recovers I am sure he’ll feel better than he has for awhile.

@smitty34877 glad you had time with family, now some rest is in order for you and Lou!  Those coyotes can be scary.  
@RedneckBob we did visit that church, it’s in a beautiful small village,  that surprised us when a Rolls emerged from a garage. 

We have  visited Taomorina  twice,  once from Catania and once from Messina.   
@Quartzsite Cruiserwe won’t forget that massive parking garage, DH was pickpocketed while I went ahead and got on the bus, wondering what was taking him so long.  

Some photos of where they filmed the Godfather , and Taormina

image.thumb.jpeg.9e3e5921b604dc9839999215ff240efa.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2f6bfc800053d8ff3f4f1127de59d994.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f8f57a4c96dbb888f10bf921b664d246.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4231cfbe4814f32824af7807f4f2b3df.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a100c0e860f0fefbb438823ae0a252e9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f7dc0cbb2bbd0a2d6c4b77859e937b46.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fb127cab4a41254f2ce79aaaa1806669.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6938b1ed267fc58731206d30f059e2ab.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f93e1c9f6d18d94919fd5d27ef9a3f5d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5191669924b4cde4b113bd17ce56bb59.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c2a53e14ba2f024a964590f20a8a23ab.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.049457ebaa39fec9ac14caab4d9eed6d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c470a66ad9f2377160380e5c53ca61fa.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4f4f4530f2adbfff3384e1b9912e6856.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

I’m late again to the Sunday Daily Party , we were busy watching 2 races the Formula 1 and of coarse the Vuelta a Espana.  The last American cycling racer who won a Grand Tour was Chris Horner 10 years ago but today Sepp Kuss stepped in his shoes .

What a trio of racers in one team of 8 riders , Team Jumbo-Visma  ( NL ) , the one team that has won all of this year's Grand Tours. 

#1 Sepp Kuss  “ The Man from Durango “ the Super Domestique who now got his well deserved win in a Grand Tour . 21 days of racing 
#2 Jonas Vingegaard  who won this year his 2nd Tour de France 
#3 Primoz Roglic who already won this year the Giro d’Italia and has previously won already 3 times the Vuelta a Espana  

Congratulations to Sepp and a shoutout to @durangoscots 

Sepp Kuss, they call hom “The Man from Durango " a 28-year-old from Durango, Colorado, rode into the maillot rojo at the Vuelta a España , becoming the first American man to lead one of cycling’s three Grand Tours in a decade .

Sorry had no time to find my pictures of Taormina , next time in the rotation .
Tony 😁
Edited by sailingdutchy
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon to all. I am very late this morning because like others I seem to have picked up a "bug" of some sort.... not covid. Did not sleep well last night and just as I thought about getting up a 5 this morning I finally went back to sleep and slept until 8:30. The dogs were very good but a bit desperate to get out when I did get up. Am feeling a bit better and hopefully whatever this is will pass shortly but at least I don't have anything pressing to do.

@sailingdutchySepp is the headline around here and I am sure there is a lot of celebrating going on in the local cycling groups.

The meal of the day sounds great, but tonight will be "Mexican meatloaf" which is basically taco filling without the tacos made into...what else?... a meatloaf. Should last me a couple of days and makes great sandwiches if I feel like the carbs.

Sending positive thoughts to all needing them and I hope that those of you with storm damage find it is not too bad. Living close along or close to the coasts is great much of the time but certainly seems to have it drawbacks.

Take care all. Off to give the pups another quick walk and then settle in to read.

Susan

• Like 24

Good afternoon from a mostly sunny and warm central Texas.  The weather app says it's 86F and feels like 88F, but the weather station thermometer is reading 89F.  Either way, it sure beats triple digit temps.

I got the yard trimmed and mowed, and one large bag of crab grass pulled.  At this rate, I'll be pulling crabgrass forever.  Unfortunately, I think pulling those darn weeds is the only way to get rid of or at least lessen the amount of crabgrass in or near the yard.  It doesn't seem to respond to Round-Up and even the expensive stuff that is "guaranteed " to kill it, only turns it yellow for a while.  I'll get out there again in the morning, earlier than today I hope, and pull some more weeds before our trash is picked up.  I also need to pull as much as possible before the ground dries after our rains, and it becomes much harder to pull.  Rocking that part of the yard is looking more appealing all the time.  😁

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Nice photos Lenda.

Thank you, Graham.

5 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Daily-ites. Blessed Sunday.

Thank you Graham for our sermon today. Prayers lifted to all our Daily-ites, family, and friends. Thankful to hear from Jacqui and Ivan. Those floods look really nasty.

Didn't do much last night. Pizza and Caesar salad, watched a few college games. Yay Alabama for our son's team.

Today looks like a nice day. We will probably go downtown, and have lunch on the square. Have some friends coming over this evening to meet our DDIL. Play cards, eat junk food, and a few cocktails. 

My sister was in a car accident yesterday. She's fine as well as the other driver. I was wringing my hands til I talked to her.

Wishing all a great day!

Joy, I'm glad that neither your sister or the other driver were injured.  Enjoy your day with your DS and DDIL.  I'm glad the weather is cooler for their visit.

5 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I've been involved in a few citizenship ceremonies - they are always full of excitement.  Your American Constitution certainly has been in the forefront of the news people over the past few years.  Who wouldn't love to have a red panda; they're bear-cats.

A quiet, sunny morning out there for us; although it's only 8C (46F), we're looking at a wonderful 29C (84F) later in the day.  That's pretty typical for this time of year when you never know from one day to the next whether you'll need a sweater or shorts.  Often we start with sweaters and end up in shorts!  

@SusieKIslandGirl Bon Voyage; enjoy your cruise!

@kazu I'm happy to hear you and Ivan did alright through the storm.

Yesterday was pretty much a wash - I had plans to do a bunch of things, but I think the stress of the previous couple of days just took it's toll on me.  After lunch I thought I'd go down for a 15 minute nap and didn't wake up for 2 full hours.  As a result, the yard work is still waiting for me, in addition to a few other chores that didn't do themselves while I was sleeping.  Thankfully DH also slept in the recliner at the same time, so he got some much needed rest as well.  Today I'll take the dressing off the surgery site to see what damage they did to him, as well as getting things together so he can have a sponge bath.

As for the drink of the day, I'd substitute vodka for the bourbon, will give the wine a pass, but do like the menu suggestion.  I've got some frozen ground beef that I'll thaw, but will run out for a couple of other things like tortillas and green peppers so we can enjoy a simple meal of tacos on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, I think you don't really notice how tiring stress can be until it's over or if it last a long time.  I'm glad you and your DH got some rest yesterday.  I was surprised that your DH is not allowed to shower for several days.  It's interesting that DH will be able to shower after the stent is placed in spite of two incisions with staples in his scalp and an incision in his belly button.  The only thing they said was to wash his head with baby shampoo and pat it dry.  The staples will be in about two weeks, and he is not to be in the sun or wear a hat until the incisions are healed.

3 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

Good afternoon.  Sailing along to Greenland.  Seas have calmed down.  We should hit Nuuk Greenland Wednesday morning.  All good — everyone is happy that the trip was not cancelled.  Cheers!  Katherine 

Katherine, I'm glad the seas are smoother and the cruise is going well.  Enjoy Greenland.

2 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning from a sunny day in the Pacific Northwest!

@kazuJacqui so great to hear from you this morning and glad to hear you and Ivan did ok. 

We had a great day yesterday at DH's Celebration of Life/Family picnic. My DS and DDIL were amazing at keeping the barbecue going. We went from 11-3:00 and had about 40-50 people there. I was blessed to have my two nieces and 2 great nieces there from BC along with my friend, her husband and two adult children, as well as my cousin and her husband. DH's side of the family all came and we had a lovely visit. Also, quite a contingent of teacher friends were there. Even our mailman stopped in! 

The weather was perfect - sunny with a slight breeze. Everyone ate and visited and it was a great send-off for DH. It was just what he would have wanted. By the time I got home last night and unloaded my car I was tired! Today I'm picking up my cousin and her husband at 10:00 (they have their motorhome at the local KOA) and we're going for a drive and a late lunch at Olive Garden. They don't have one anywhere close to them so they are looking forward to it. It's funny - when I was telling this to others everyone mentioned "oh.. soup, salad and breadsticks are the best"! 

Karen

Karen, I'm very happy the COL went so well and was well attended.  It says a lot about the kind of man Phil was if the mailman stopped by to honor him.  Enjoy your day with your cousin and her DH.

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

DH wants to use the computer, so I will be brief

Good Sunday afternoon Dailyites!  My Karma is totally out of whack.  I must have done something really bad, and not known.

First the limb landed on the house, but when we went to investigate, it turned out it was the whole top of the tree.  A rather large pine, that took out some of my flowering trees, and the whole mass is on the roof and creating a wall at the end of the property.

However while we walked down the drive (remember we live on a hill) to take a picture from our neighbors yard, just to verify it was her tree, we noticed that our paved driveway had a hole and a crack, the rains have been washing out the dirt under the drive way, and there is currently a growing 6 in at least deep hole/ravine growing underneath the pavement.  And of course last night, it poured for hours.  I need to use the neighbors drive to get up and down the drive (we have a split drive.  Then I noticed that my bank account was totally out of whack.

On 8/4 I wrote checks and mailed the bills.  Three weeks later, they all showed deposited but one.  I called that corporation and she took the check number and ran it through.  I asked her what will happen if the other check shows up.  Well you paid for August, so no problem.  Well that same check # showed up on the 11th of September, and they ran that through, ( i did lose it with the person on the phone)and my bank didn't catch that booboo, so I'm short on funds, and cleaned out most of the savings account, to cover the mortgage.  This is what people mean, by living paycheck to paycheck.  It stinks, but I do have a cruise coming up.🤗

So tree, drive way, and bank account, all seem to be in major need of repair.....and then we had dinner out last night, and I have been ill since then.  

Well, my time is up for computer use.

Hugs to all, sorry I whined.  

To the cruisers, enjoy!

To the wounded and ill, I hope you feel better.

To those in the North East, stay safe.

http://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/352480-I-Love-My-Friends-Sending-Squishy-Hugs.jpg

undefined

Annie, I'm sorry you're not feeling well on top of all the problems that hit at once.  I hope everything can be straightened out soon.  Be sure to have your neighbor contact their insurance company, but also get your insurance company involved so they can work with the neighbor's company.,  I hope your eye is doing better, but please have a doctor check it out soon if you haven't already done so.

2 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Good morning, all! Red Pandas are so adorable - I’m glad they have a day!

We came over to the island yesterday and went to dinner with friends. He weather has cooled, which is nice. It’s still dry though - we really need some rain here on the coast. It’s a little alarming how many trees haven’t survived the summer!

I pulled the trigger and booked us on the 24 day Canada, New England, Iceland cruise on the Volendam next summer. It’s family port intensive and hits several places the VoV misses. I’m already excited! On October 8 we board the Eurodam in Vancouver for the run down to and through the Panama Canal for the Caribbean season. All our ports have been planned out!

@kazu, Jacqui I’m so relieved you and Ivan came through the storm safely. Fingers crossed that the big branch didn’t do any damage. 

@rafinmd, it takes a LONG time to get your energy back post Covid. It took me over a month. I agree with @tupper10 - a cruise is the perfect place to recuperate and let yourself be pampered. It also physically removes you from any commitments at home that you ‘ought’ to try to tackle!

@marshhawk we’re here as a shoulder to vent on when you need it. That’s quite a mass of bad luck. Hopefully that’s your full allotment for the next year!
Happy Sunday, everyone, and enjoy this fall weekend!

I'm sorry so many trees did not survive the summer.  Congratulations on the 24 day cruise next summer.  How long will you be on the Eurodam?

1 hour ago, Denise T said:

Denise, I hope you are feeling much better by now.

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Vanessa, I'm glad you had a good night's sleep and are feeling better.  Congratulations on getting the iCloud working without losing data.  

47 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all! 
Very thankful to hear @kazu is safe!  
@ger_77 stress has a way of catching up with us and it’s often after the event we need that extra rest!  Hope you and Maurice get lots of it, but once he recovers I am sure he’ll feel better than he has for awhile.

@smitty34877 glad you had time with family, now some rest is in order for you and Lou!  Those coyotes can be scary.  
@RedneckBob we did visit that church, it’s in a beautiful small village,  that surprised us when a Rolls emerged from a garage. 

We have  visited Taomorina  twice,  once from Catania and once from Messina.   
@Quartzsite Cruiserwe won’t forget that massive parking garage, DH was pickpocketed while I went ahead and got on the bus, wondering what was taking him so long.  

Some photos of where they filmed the Godfather , and Taormina

image.thumb.jpeg.9e3e5921b604dc9839999215ff240efa.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2f6bfc800053d8ff3f4f1127de59d994.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f8f57a4c96dbb888f10bf921b664d246.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4231cfbe4814f32824af7807f4f2b3df.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a100c0e860f0fefbb438823ae0a252e9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f7dc0cbb2bbd0a2d6c4b77859e937b46.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fb127cab4a41254f2ce79aaaa1806669.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6938b1ed267fc58731206d30f059e2ab.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f93e1c9f6d18d94919fd5d27ef9a3f5d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5191669924b4cde4b113bd17ce56bb59.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c2a53e14ba2f024a964590f20a8a23ab.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.049457ebaa39fec9ac14caab4d9eed6d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c470a66ad9f2377160380e5c53ca61fa.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4f4f4530f2adbfff3384e1b9912e6856.jpeg

Brenda, even though neither of us had our pockets picked, we'll never forget that garage.  It is so big, you could get lost in it.  We avoided the garage the second time we were in Taormina by taking a local bus which used the parking lot at the bus depot.  DH had someone try to pick his pocket on a city bus in Palermo and the Metro in Rome, but felt them trying.  He confronted each one and they both got off at the next stop.  He didn't have anything worth taking either time.

21 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

Good afternoon to all. I am very late this morning because like others I seem to have picked up a "bug" of some sort.... not covid. Did not sleep well last night and just as I thought about getting up a 5 this morning I finally went back to sleep and slept until 8:30. The dogs were very good but a bit desperate to get out when I did get up. Am feeling a bit better and hopefully whatever this is will pass shortly but at least I don't have anything pressing to do.

@sailingdutchySepp is the headline around here and I am sure there is a lot of celebrating going on in the local cycling groups.

The meal of the day sounds great, but tonight will be "Mexican meatloaf" which is basically taco filling without the tacos made into...what else?... a meatloaf. Should last me a couple of days and makes great sandwiches if I feel like the carbs.

Sending positive thoughts to all needing them and I hope that those of you with storm damage find it is not too bad. Living close along or close to the coasts is great much of the time but certainly seems to have it drawbacks.

Take care all. Off to give the pups another quick walk and then settle in to read.

Susan

Susan, I hope you are doing better this afternoon.  It is amazing how our dogs know when we feel bad or need some love.  The meatloaf sounds interesting.  I love meatloaf sandwiches, especially for breakfast.

Lenda

• Like 22

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here!

Hello from Kirkwall! We arrived an hour late as we left South Queensferry an hour late last night. Due to low tide conditions in the morning, some of the tenders had engine problems. I actually rode back to the Preziosa on one of the local tour boats which afforded me to take pictures from an outside deck. Bravo to MSC! We are a full ship with 3,400 passengers.

This morning was bright and sunny. We had a full day here adjusted for an hour late arrival and one hour late departure. Our excursion was to the Ring of Brodnar, older than Stonehenge and the Pyramids of Egypt. The countryside is beautiful! After returning from the excursion we rode the port shuttle to Kirkwall proper but decided to just return to the ship as it was raining by then. A great day! Tomorrow is Stornoway - but the weather forecast is rain with temps between 9-12 C. It seems the local people are very happy to welcome cruise passengers!

Stay Safe, and prayers for all in need!

- Jack

A6503905.thumb.JPG.924c06f656ff58598cdb12700505ed88.JPG

A65039032.thumb.JPG.3c636e90ed7eeb253e2109e7a6025a95.JPG

A65039532.thumb.JPG.ac4a3d9797eb7fda5d4224966846043d.JPG

0917231426.thumb.jpg.3525adf570ddd0eb29d0f7e3b17c01a1.jpg

0917231426_HDR.thumb.jpg.2d189ae095b60bd70bf0ca0c50ee36a6.jpg

A65038772.thumb.JPG.a1aa74bbacb42d585bced282b389f7a5.JPG

0917231348_HDR.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

We were in Giardini Naxos June 7, 2022 on the Oosterdam. Craig was still in Covid isolation and I originally wasn’t going to do anything in port because I didn’t want to venture out on my own. At the last minute I decided to take a winery excursion and it was an enjoyable afternoon. 

Early morning arrival and tenders starting:

IMG_9470.thumb.jpeg.79ce7bdff6f881901704c34f91553522.jpeg

My view from my Neptune Suite of Mt Etna:

IMG_9472.thumb.jpeg.3c3439fef7ab6bff83131492064fc4bd.jpeg

IMG_1222.thumb.jpeg.0ad32b5e4f4328d36d83803815cf32f9.jpeg

Our location:

IMG_9481.thumb.png.f61148c1b3b41ddb298ca259fcf0d90c.png

Taxi prices from Giardini Naxos. 

IMG_9488.thumb.jpeg.5a6501dd93c2a92e22f30f5b86d1e350.jpeg

The Oosterdam and a Scenic Cruises ship. 

IMG_9494.thumb.jpeg.16b49eeeeee3ec269483ee195acff0af.jpeg

We were dropped off here to walk to the winery. 

IMG_9496.thumb.jpeg.512d5b6455891ef8633988ffc98691ef.jpeg

Views along the way. 

IMG_9497.thumb.jpeg.b1177928b7b17866f563fe33ed952e1a.jpeg

IMG_9503.thumb.jpeg.a04d2f42a4641e6e00d08fd5f67eb748.jpeg

Mt Etna

IMG_9511.thumb.jpeg.141571ed94ab1459ef9857b96bd06a7c.jpeg

My purchases. 

IMG_9514.thumb.jpeg.02b96842e4142786e2c1ed8ed2e8ced4.jpeg

View from my balcony right before sail away. The glow from Mt Etna seemed more intense in person than this picture shows. 

IMG_9523.thumb.jpeg.89a9ae3694f4aed2d23916b01bf93652.jpeg

I really enjoyed my day here and hope to go back to see Taormina next time. 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4

@Seasick Sailor so glad to hear your sister and the other driver are ok after the accident.  Scary!

@0106 Tina - what a lovely treat for your parents.  You are right - you are very lucky to still have them with you ♥️. I hope you all have a wonderful time!

6 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Yesterday was pretty much a wash - I had plans to do a bunch of things, but I think the stress of the previous couple of days just took it's toll on me.  After lunch I thought I'd go down for a 15 minute nap and didn't wake up for 2 full hours.  As a result, the yard work is still waiting for me, in addition to a few other chores that didn't do themselves while I was sleeping. 

The chores can wait.  Stress really takes a toll and you had a big worry.  I’m so glad you got some sleep and if you need more, get and don’t worry about the chores.  They can wait.

4 hours ago, luvteaching said:

We had a great day yesterday at DH's Celebration of Life/Family picnic. My DS and DDIL were amazing at keeping the barbecue going. We went from 11-3:00 and had about 40-50 people there. I was blessed to have my two nieces and 2 great nieces there from BC along with my friend, her husband and two adult children, as well as my cousin and her husband. DH's side of the family all came and we had a lovely visit. Also, quite a contingent of teacher friends were there. Even our mailman stopped in! 

The weather was perfect - sunny with a slight breeze. Everyone ate and visited and it was a great send-off for DH. It was just what he would have wanted. By the time I got home last night and unloaded my car I was tired!

I am so glad your Celebration of life went well 👍. it speaks a lot of your DD DH that so many took the time to come and pay their respects and celebrate his life with you ♥️. I am so glad you feel that is was a great send off for him ♥️ 

1 hour ago, durangoscots said:

Oh dear, Susan.  I hope you are feeling much better very fast.  Bless the dogs for understanding.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

@0106  Tina, I hope you and your parents have a great time at the Orioles game, and that your dad gets his hat.  I envy you still having your parents, and I know you realize how lucky you are.

@Heartgrove  Jack, thank you for you pictures of Kirkwall and the surrounding area.  We enjoyed our day in town even though it was pouring rain.  Glad you had a sunny time for most of the day.

Lenda

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@0106  Tina, I hope you and your parents have a great time at the Orioles game, and that your dad gets his hat.  I envy you still having your parents, and I know you realize how lucky you are.

Lenda

And a good day it was as the Orioles won in the 11th inning  and the Ravens won as well.

Roy

• Like 17

@sailingdutchy I am sorry your driver didnt win today.  But happy that one of mine did.  What a great race, during the last 20 laps.

@JazzyV and my other friends who asked, I have an eye appointment on Tuesday.  The vison is not as blurry as it was on Friday and Saturday.  The pain left last night.

I have called my insurance company regarding the tree, someone will call in the next two days.  While we had some sun today, the claim person suggested that I wait until someone comes out to look before I attempt any more clipping adventures.

I told DH I would take him out for an  ice cream tonight, we had shrimp massaman curry for dinner, with snow peas, and now the fridge except for condiments is completely empty.

opened-empty-broken-fridge-in-front-of-a-wall-vector-id543581416?k=6&m=543581416&s=612x612&w=0&h=1aj6gZ01cTm3xPHIhqn3Lx0eDkQr0is0aJEeIO8ET4M=

• Like 13

9 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@sailingdutchy I am sorry your driver didnt win today.  But happy that one of mine did.  What a great race, during the last 20 laps.

@JazzyV and my other friends who asked, I have an eye appointment on Tuesday.  The vison is not as blurry as it was on Friday and Saturday.  The pain left last night.

I have called my insurance company regarding the tree, someone will call in the next two days.  While we had some sun today, the claim person suggested that I wait until someone comes out to look before I attempt any more clipping adventures.

I told DH I would take him out for an  ice cream tonight, we had shrimp massaman curry for dinner, with snow peas, and now the fridge except for condiments is completely empty.

opened-empty-broken-fridge-in-front-of-a-wall-vector-id543581416?k=6&m=543581416&s=612x612&w=0&h=1aj6gZ01cTm3xPHIhqn3Lx0eDkQr0is0aJEeIO8ET4M=

• Like 1

Good evening and it is almost morning. 

This is beginning to be a pattern. I started out ready to post this morning and never got to do it.

Now it is almost midnight and I just wanted to check in.

@marshhawk sorry for all your troubles.

@kazu glad you made it through the storm

@JazzyV sorry you’re not feeling well

@luvteaching glad the Celebration of Life went well.

@Seasick Sailor glad your sister was not hurt in the accident

i have been having my troubles.  The prednisone is doing a job on my digestive system.  i just am not feeling well and just wish I can get on a lower dosage.  I will message the doc tomorrow morning.  Still having pains in my thighs and shoulders.  i really don’t want him to raise the dosage.

If this keeps up I think we will have to cancel the Italy trip and forget about the cruise.  I was afraid that DH would not be able to do it, rather than I having problems.  However, I made sure that everything is refundable and we have enough insurance on the Credit Card covering the cruise.  So if we have to cancel, we will not lose much, if anything.  i really don’t want to, but I don’t want to be miserable in Italy.

Hope everyone had a great day.  It rained all day here and I did get some paperwork done.  So it wasn’t a total loss.

More tomorrow,

God Bless and Good Night.

Terri

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I'm sorry so many trees did not survive the summer.  Congratulations on the 24 day cruise next summer.  How long will you be on the Eurodam?

Lenda, we’ll be on the Eurodam for 20 days. I’m looking forward to curling up in the Tamarind bar with a drink and a book!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

i have been having my troubles.  The prednisone is doing a job on my digestive system.  i just am not feeling well and just wish I can get on a lower dosage.  I will message the doc tomorrow morning.  Still having pains in my thighs and shoulders.  i really don’t want him to raise the dosage.

If this keeps up I think we will have to cancel the Italy trip and forget about the cruise.  I was afraid that DH would not be able to do it, rather than I having problems.  However, I made sure that everything is refundable and we have enough insurance on the Credit Card covering the cruise.  So if we have to cancel, we will not lose much, if anything.  i really don’t want to, but I don’t want to be miserable in Italy.

Oh Terri, I hope your doctor can help to ease your suffering 🙏. And you don’t need to cancel your travel plans 🙏 

• Like 4