Are we back to three evening dress codes again?

cruisestitch

55 minutes ago, C 2 C said:

That's at least twice my budget.😀

Don’t buy cashmere sweaters at Nordstrom.  They wear out at the elbow after a few years and they no longer take returns after you’ve worn it for two years.  I think it was cheap quality Chinese cashmere.  I only buy Mongolian now.  Please pass the Grey Poupon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, someguyfl said:

And if you look at what I said, it's exactly that. Don't look sloppy. Being stylish was far down the list. I've said budget isn't really a thing. You're literally agreeing with everything I laid out on how to dress appropriately.

Yep, I should have been more careful in my choice of words.   I think your list is pretty good.   I also think most of us who prefer to dress down do so for convenience and comfort as opposed to cost.  

I am not one who will ever be accused of being a clothes hound!  Lol.  

7 hours ago, wolfie11 said:

I go to the thrift store precruise and buy stuff.  If I really like it, it comes home with me and gets added to the cruise tote.  If it’s just okay it gets left on the ship so I can buy more books.

What does leaving clothes behind have to do with buying books?  Just curious.   

that happened to us the last time we sailed on the "connie"....the only notification was just like you found on the ad for wifi...So that night we only got a few wearing hats at dinner that advertised that they served on the nina the pinta  or the monitor or the merrimac...just leave the damn hats in the room while you go to dinner. We are proud that you served, but it is just rude to wear a hat while you are at dinner....very interesting reading on fb this morning about all of the new inexperienced staff currently onboard the "connie" and the passengers on that site bashing one another for their complaints of lines at dinner and what they perceived as bad service so far on the ta back to tampa..We have always had great experiences on this ship so this surprised me..We are not fans of TA's and we sure dont like sailing the first cruise that the ships do after coming back from europe, but we still love this ship.. hope the rest of the cruise is great....life is good

• 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

They are at it again.  Currently on Constellation.   Three dress code designations.  Another error?  The sign of things to come?  Further Royalization or a simple mistake?

Disregard. It's wrong.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

They are at it again.  Currently on Constellation.   Three dress code designations.  Another error?  The sign of things to come?  Further Royalization or a simple mistake?

Definitely not a Royalization.  RC is more laxed than Celebrity when it comes to the suggested dress guidelines in the MDR in the evening. 

I’m not reacting to the call for evening chic clothes .  What I see that is out of place is the designation of “casual “ when everywhere else, in print and on website, Celebrity has two levels of dress code—evening chic and smart casual.

I have a large group of friends,  mostly newbies to celebrity, planning an upcoming junket and I am trying to give them guidance with regards to what to pack. The standard smart, casual dress code, specifies button down shirts, while the casual allows polo shirts.

I am trying to find out if here on Constellation they have made an error, as tge staff on Reflection admitted that they did, or if this is a fleetwide policy change and I wonder if the “casual” has appeared on other Celebrity ships.

since it is the exact wording used on royal Caribbean, is this a step in the “Royalization” or what?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I’m not reacting to the call for evening chic clothes .  What I see that is out of place is the designation of “casual “ when everywhere else, in print and on website, Celebrity has two levels of dress code—evening chic and smart casual.

I have a large group of friends,  mostly newbies to celebrity, planning an upcoming junket and I am trying to give them guidance with regards to what to pack. The standard smart, casual dress code, specifies button down shirts, while the casual allows polo shirts.

I am trying to find out if here on Constellation they have made an error, as tge staff on Reflection admitted that they did, or if this is a fleetwide policy change and I wonder if the “casual” has appeared on other Celebrity ships.

since it is the exact wording used on royal Caribbean, is this a step in the “Royalization” or what?

If we want to get technical I almost never wore a button down shirt on the Eclipse.  I usually wore polo shirts.  Not all my dress shirts are button down.  Do they mean long sleeved dress shirt?

I would like to ask @DarrenM if he is saying that shorts and flip flops are ok anywhere?  That is my definition of “wear what you like”.  I’m not a fan of flip flops or ripped jeans.  Biggest fashion mistake of the 80s.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zitsky said:

If we want to get technical I almost never wore a button down shirt on the Eclipse.  I usually wore polo shirts.  Not all my dress shirts are button down.  Do they mean long sleeved dress shirt?

I would like to ask @DarrenM if he is saying that shorts and flip flops are ok anywhere?  That is my definition of “wear what you like”.  I’m not a fan of flip flops or ripped jeans.  Biggest fashion mistake of the 80s.

Personally I wouldnt wear flip flops, ever. Nevermind in the dining rooms.

Ripped jeans I have no issue with though I dont wear them.

I wear dark blue jeans all the time, and I mean all the time, with polo shirts, all the time.

I dont wear suits, no longer won one, and havent worn a tie in 20 years.

So to answer your question I wouldnt know if they would be allowed but would be surprised if anyone walked in wearing them. Although, maybe someone can explain to me the huge difference between a fella wearing flip flops with ugly toes, compared to woman wearing sandals with ugly tose?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DarrenM said:

Although, maybe someone can explain to me the huge difference between a fella wearing flip flops with ugly toes, compared to woman wearing sandals with ugly toes?

I prefer to look at my food in the restaurant instead of other people's toes. Or feet in general.

The only time my DH wears flip flops is to the pool and the beach. Other than that, he wears fisherman sandals - athletic for every day use and nice leather ones for dressier occasions.

I make him wear comfy slip-ons by Skechers to MDR on chic nights:

Relaxed Fit: Expected - Avillo, BLACK, largeimage number 0

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DarrenM said:

Personally I wouldnt wear flip flops, ever. Nevermind in the dining rooms.

Ripped jeans I have no issue with though I dont wear them.

I wear dark blue jeans all the time, and I mean all the time, with polo shirts, all the time.

I dont wear suits, no longer won one, and havent worn a tie in 20 years.

So to answer your question I wouldnt know if they would be allowed but would be surprised if anyone walked in wearing them. Although, maybe someone can explain to me the huge difference between a fella wearing flip flops with ugly toes, compared to woman wearing sandals with ugly tose?

I’m already mad at my spouse for wearing sneakers to a String Queens concert when all the ladies were wearing their Sunday best.  He says they are “dressy”.  This same guy won’t take a jacket and tie on our trip to London so I can have lunch at the Ritz.  Because hotel restaurants are no good.

I’m not crazy about jeans regardless of color.  Not for dinner.  It’s pretty easy to pack dress pants.  If you wear the same jeans every night, you can wear the same dress pants.  And buy some Hush Puppies dress shoes.

If you are going to argue for jeans at dinner then I say you get rid of the dress code and everyone wears beach wear.  Because either you have a dress code or you don’t.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All cruiselines not as formal as years ago. The women seem to want to dress up more than the men.

See lots of black pants and golf shirts now vs the tux days and the suit and blazer.Most MDR no shorts at night

Bob

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I think you're reading too much into what's being written and in all honesty absolutely nothing has changed on Celebrity with regards to dress code for the evening. In practice a polo-type shirt for men is 100% acceptable for all dinners including Evening Chic. If a man wants to wear a long sleeve button shirt on Chic Night to be a little dressier that's fine, but in practice it's not necessary or required, and no one is going to be denied entry into the dining room for wearing a short sleeve Polo shirt on Chic Night. They also will not be out of place either. So honestly that's how I would advise others. 

I was on the flagship Ascent in January and if nothing's changed on the flagship less than 2 months ago in terms of the printed dress code and more importantly the dress code the full ship  of passengers adhered to then that's what the dress code is. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 2