Are the Blue Tote Bags Still Available

cruzsnooze

Have they started giving the light weight blue tote bags again? For a while they were a supply chain problem and not available. Are the elite bathroom amenities back or still "supply chain" issues.

Edited by cruzsnooze
typo

• cruzsnooze changed the title to Are the Blue Tote Bags Still Available
13 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

Have they started giving the light weight blue tote bags again? For a while they were a supply chain problem and not available. Are the elite bathroom amenities back or still "supply chain" issues.

I think it’s more of a cost savings tactic.  
No blue bags, no elite amenities, unless a steward may have some left over.  Haven’t seen them much since the restart.

Ask your steward, if you like.

8 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

We received them on the Emerald this past January. 

We use them for food pantry and used book donations and still have around 40-50 bags.

Not once have we ever used them on a cruise, so not going to miss them. 

I have a bunch leftover from previous cruises and now that they don't give them out anymore I'm glad I saved them.

A cruise is the only place I use them to keep my paperback, water bottle,  and a few other necessities together.

I use them on other lines as well.  

42 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I think it’s more of a cost savings tactic.  
No blue bags, no elite amenities, unless a steward may have some left over.  Haven’t seen them much since the restart.

Ask your steward, if you like.

One thing after another taken away from us, not just Princess, all the lines are nickel and diming us. At one time the policy was that the lines couldn’t do enough for you, now the policy is how can the lines squeeze another dime out of us.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

One thing after another taken away from us, not just Princess, all the lines are nickel and diming us. At one time the policy was that the lines couldn’t do enough for you, now the policy is how can the lines squeeze another dime out of us.

Cruise lines are now the Muntz of Seas.  Muntz built radios and televisions back in the 50s and 60s.  He would take a prototype  working unit and remove parts.  If it still worked, he left that part off when they started production.

The entire travel industry is Muntzing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I won an undyed canvas bag with the Princess logo on it as a door prize at a CC Roll Call M&G on my last cruise along with a mini-bottle of gin and a can of tonic water.  Unfortunately, that seemed to use up my luck with the PowerBall.  🤷‍♂️💲😒

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

I have a bunch leftover from previous cruises and now that they don't give them out anymore I'm glad I saved them.

A cruise is the only place I use them to keep my paperback, water bottle,  and a few other necessities together.

I use them on other lines as well.  

We have a bunch too, and they are so light weight that I leave several in each suitcase.  They come in handy for many uses while traveling and not just cruising 🙂  

I haven't seen any new ones given out since the restart.

45 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

Cruise lines are now the Muntz of Seas.  Muntz built radios and televisions back in the 50s and 60s.  He would take a prototype  working unit and remove parts.  If it still worked, he left that part off when they started production.

The entire travel industry is Muntzing.

Growing up in Chicago in the 1950s I remember Muntz TVs, good analogy.

• Thanks 1

I asked a steward earlier this year as one ship had an old supply they were distributing.

It was relayed, sooo many are left by passengers, it was seen as a huge waste. 

The bags are made of plastic, and when exposed to UV, eventually deteriorate quickly.

• Thanks 1

I keep some of theirs and HALs in my trunk to use as grocery bags. Celebrity has been giving out nice ones lately, with a thick fabric and a zippered pouch attached to the inside, actually suitable for a beach tote bag. They probably wanted to cut down on waste. Instead, maybe they could do something cool and memorable for upper-level loyalty guests, like the Delft ship tiles that HAL gives out. 

8 hours ago, wallyj said:

I asked a steward earlier this year as one ship had an old supply they were distributing.

It was relayed, sooo many are left by passengers, it was seen as a huge waste. 

The bags are made of plastic, and when exposed to UV, eventually deteriorate quickly.

I thought the ones they gave me were the only ones that fell apart. 😅

• Like 1