Price drops....

18 hours ago, hoosier sailor said:

When looking for price drops, what websites are you using to compare prices for your ship?

on the royal website there is a section to check to be notified of a price drop.  That's if you already have a booking.  Otherwise, as others have said, there are quite a few TA sites that can't be mentioned.  Google would help you more than Cruise Critic.

2 hours ago, jean87510 said:

on the royal website there is a section to check to be notified of a price drop.  That's if you already have a booking.  Otherwise, as others have said, there are quite a few TA sites that can't be mentioned.  Google would help you more than Cruise Critic.

I'm sure they appreciated your polite response. They were just asking for help.

53 minutes ago, Florida Fan said:

I'm sure they appreciated your polite response. They were just asking for help.

I realized that.  It's why I suggested googling as a lot of people both new and experienced cruisers who may not want to use a TA (and cc has many TAs on it and TA loyalists) have this question about how to get a good price.  It is a legitimate question.

5 hours ago, jean87510 said:

on the royal website there is a section to check to be notified of a price drop. 

As an aside, a couple of weeks ago, I was doing a mock booking on an 8 nite Oasis sail.  This past week I get an e-mail with an announcement of a $1,200+ price drop on that sail.  All excited I go thru the exercise of calculating my fare and the damn price is the same.  Yesterday, I got another e-mail and this time a price drop of $1,300+-guess what, no movement in pricing.

Bottom line--FUBAR price drop announcements.

So if your category is sold out, there is no way to check for a price drop, correct?  I can no longer see any cabins in my category, so I guess it's just up to my TA to keep an eye out...and assume that if it's sold out...it's not dropping. 

Edited by Scottdalfonso

5 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

So if your category is sold out, there is no way to check for a price drop, correct?  I can no longer see any cabins in my category, so I guess it's just up to my TA to keep an eye out...and assume that if it's sold out...it's not dropping. 

Correct.

8 hours ago, nelblu said:

As an aside, a couple of weeks ago, I was doing a mock booking on an 8 nite Oasis sail.  This past week I get an e-mail with an announcement of a $1,200+ price drop on that sail.  All excited I go thru the exercise of calculating my fare and the damn price is the same.  Yesterday, I got another e-mail and this time a price drop of $1,300+-guess what, no movement in pricing.

Bottom line--FUBAR price drop announcements.

That stinks.  I have actually been successful when I tried it for price drops for fall sailings.