What is your favorite class of RCCL ship?

Maybe you think the Grandeur is the best ship in the fleet...for some reason, maybe you enjoy the new ultra mega Icon class, or you enjoy the older Radiance class!

I can tell you mine is the (drum roll please) Freedom class! Not too small yet not a mega ship, actually the Freedom of the Seas was the largest cruise ship in the world when it was launched, but now it seems like a medium-sized ship LOL!! What's your favorite? Why is it your favorite? 

• Like 2

We've been on Radiance, Voyager, Freedom and Oasis class ships and I like them all for different reasons.  Oasis class may be my least favorite simply because it feels less like a ship and more like a big mall.  Our next cruise is on a different Radiance class ship.  I like the glass on that class, it's less chaotic, and can get to more unique ports.  Plus it feels like a ship and there's tons of water views.

• Like 1

I'll let you know in June  🙂

We used to say Freedom Class and the nearly identical Voyager class (especially if they are AMPED!), however it's been almost 5 years since we sailed on those classes.  We've done Quantum and Oasis classes since then.  We've grown to really love both the Quantum and Oasis class mainly because there is just SO MUCH to do on those ships, but we'll be sailing on the Liberty again in June. We'll see if the Freedom/Voyager class is still our favorite.

What we do like about the Freedom and Voyager class is the over all layout and flow of the ship and they do a great job of dispersing the crowds.   They still have tons of amenities/venues and are not small ships by any means.

Of the ones I have been on, I would rank them:

Freedom Class

Later Voyager class with glass balconies

Earlier Voyager class

Oasis class

Have only been on Oasis once, and it was during Thanksgiving week.  We normally don’t cruise during school breaks like that so want to try that class again during our normal off-peak travel times.  Also interested in trying Radiance class at some point as so many people rave about them.

Also a special shout out to Sovereign class which was the first cruise I went on.  Crazy to think that 30 years ago, those were the largest ships in the world.

• Like 1

Always been Oasis Class, they just have so much to offer. I will say though that I've done them quite a few times and it's gotten a little stale (particularly Harmony), sometimes it's nice to switch it up and I really enjoyed Quantum Class. Wouldn't say they are my favourite, and Odyssey is definitely better than Anthem, but fundamentally they are still big ships whilst offering something different.

I have done Radiance, Freedom, Vision & Voyager Class before, but all several years ago so not recent experiences. I was only a child when on Vision Class and it didn't suit us at the time, now as an adult, I'd be open to giving them another try. The other 3 classes are what made me fall in love with cruising, so good memories with them.

Edited by GlasgowCruiser01

1) Oasis class, especially the Amped Oasis for variety of things to do.

2) Freedom class - Liberty of the Seas is our most sailed ship

3) Voyager class - similar layout and features to Freedom class

4) Radiance class - love the views of the ocean and size makes it easy to get around

5) Quantum class - odd configuration compared to other ships but love 270

Have not tried Vision or Icon class

1.) Freedom - I love the Royal Promenade and the ice shows. The down side is the Schooner Bar is small and a major traffic point for people going to/from the theater.

2.) Voyager - They have the same layout as Freedom class and they're only a few feet shorter.

3.) Radiance - They are a bit smaller and have a more intimate feel. I also love the Schooner bar on this class of ship.

4.) Vision - They're okay, I just prefer the others more. I would not hesitate to cruise on one if the itinerary was right.

• Like 1

Each has own advantages.

• Quantum class for colder sailings (not sure Quantum+ will work). The best Solarium!
  • Oasis class has unusual things like water shows, Central park etc
  • Everything under has Viking Crown lounge which we miss on larger ships greatly
  • Vision class has everything really close... tons of music at centrum, ocean views

Edited by Tatka

Been on all the classes except Vision class .

We prefer the Oasis class and have been on that class exclusively for several years .

Dont even look at other classes of ships when booking. 

But i have seen quite a few Icon videos and that ship seems more interesting now .

• Like 1

1) Vision & Radiance tied for 1st

3) Close 3rd Quantum (as much, if not more "glass" and viewing area than both Vision & Radiance, SeaPlax, Two70, MusicHall as massive winners)

4) Freedom

5) Voyager (ruined by adding so many more cabins therefore making them way too crowded)

6) Oasis (where do you see the ocean? What ports/countries do you get to visit?)

If Oasis just sat on port for 7 days I suspect many people wouldn't even notice.  This ship class is equal to an all inclusive resort... stay on board within the walls of the resort. That's perfectly great of that's what you want. And obviously millions of people really prefer this over actually travelling the world and seeing different places. It's totally great for an obvious huge majority, but not for me

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Like 4

I am going to be in the minority here.

1. Quantum class. Odyssey is my favorite, we have done Anthem ( and going again in 11 days but who is counting) multiple times and are looking forward to Ovation to Alaska in May.

2. Radiance class. Love the glass and views.

3. Freedom class. All the good things without 10 gazillion people.

4. Voyager class. She was our first, so holds a special spot in my heart, that's what got us addicted.

I don't like Oasis at all, and truly have no desire to go on Icon. I would like to get on more vision class before they go away.

• Like 4