Celebrity's Tuscan Grille, a go or no go?

DJLDRUMS

We'll be on the Silhouette in early April. We're looking for those cruisers who ate specifically at the Tuscan Grille restaurant. I've read some positive reviews without them going into detail. Can anyone else elaborate on the food quality and types they serve that you'd recommend along with the price per person and if you've found it worthwhile. I'm reading that the MDR food is now blah-blah so a night or two at the Tuscan grille might be something to give a try to. Thanks in advance to those who reply.

The restaurant choices on Silhouette are very good as others have said as they have the additional deck restaurants of Lawn Grill and The Porch.

I agree with others, if your choice is based on food only then Murano is the place to go.

The wake view from Tuscan means it is an ideal place to dine when leaving a port at about 6pm. You can watch the port disappear from view and see day turn to night. The magic of this never fails me…The food is what one would expect from a typical steak and pasta restaurant. To my taste the white bean soup is a lovely starter as is the Caesar salad. We always enjoy the antipasti sharing starter board. For steaks I find the rib eye reliably good…Pasta dishes I have found a little heavy and have requested half quantities. The gnocchi I found very dense and would not recommend. The veal I found tasteless…

To be honest if I was you I would look first at the ambiance you want from your dining experience before considering the menus…

Murano is more formal, a longer meal designed to savour not to rush. Some guests can find the atmosphere a bit ‘stuffy’ others, like us find that the formality makes the evening really feel special.

Tuscan is more relaxed, it reminds me of a local family run Italian as is its intention. The decor and view definitely remind you you are dining at sea…

Lawn Grill has both the atmosphere and food one would expect from a family BBQ…more laid back.Again with that real feeling of being at sea.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DJLDRUMS said:

We'll be on the Silhouette in early April. We're looking for those cruisers who ate specifically at the Tuscan Grille restaurant. I've read some positive reviews without them going into detail. Can anyone else elaborate on the food quality and types they serve that you'd recommend along with the price per person and if you've found it worthwhile. I'm reading that the MDR food is now blah-blah so a night or two at the Tuscan grille might be something to give a try to. Thanks in advance to those who reply.

Ate at the Tuscan Grille twice last month on the Silhouette, once for dinner, and since it was so good, once for lunch.  Had the filet both times and it was delicious.  Lovely aft view on the ship.  That being said, last year, ate at the Tuscan Grille on the Summit and the location and the food were just ok.

• Like 4

If you have OBC then Book Tuscan Grill. The downside for us is they have not changed the menu for what seems like a generation and do not seem inclined to do so. Best not to overfill on the starters and struggle with the main course. On Silhouette the view is great , but like all things the food is not what is was.

The same applies to the menu in Murano . The service has become all theatre and the mains are not what they were. The lobster has become so messed up you wonder what you are eating.. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Miaminice said:

On Silhouette I“d recommend Murano and the Lawn Club Grille over Tuscan. On other ships where they are not available, Tuscan is okay.

We booked all three. ..avoid MDR.  Can't find a way to book the Porch but maybe we can drop in for lunch..

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

What did they charge per person ?

We dine in Tuscan every cruise for ambience, service, menu (but that is subjective);  like every restaurant some items will suit a diner more than others.

Tuscan pricing in CAD $ for 2, with a 9% discount and mandatory grats added.  Celebrity charges an exchange rate of 1.41 for US $.

image.png.51003cf1d6c3be8f1d35b9da9ea65822.png

Edited by Oceangoer2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

We dine in Tuscan every cruise for ambience, service, menu (but that is subjective);  like every restaurant some items will suit a diner more than others.

Tuscan pricing in CAD $ for 2, with a 9% discount and mandatory grats added.  Celebrity charges an exchange rate of 1.41 for US $.

image.png.51003cf1d6c3be8f1d35b9da9ea65822.png

Sorry, but what does the CAD stand for?

Il n'y pas de quoi...the extent of my HS French...paid attention in class and some of it stuck!

Bien venue Oceangoer2 ! Many, many years ago attended the french parochial school in our city.My dad was french canadian, my mother's father was canadian. Learning how to speak french was mandatory from grades 1-12. After I graduated from high school the language pretty much left me. Now and then I pick up a few words. Parisian french is much more of a challenge.

1 minute ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Bien venue Oceangoer2 ! Many, many years ago attended the french parochial school in our city.My dad was french canadian, my mother's father was canadian. Learning how to speak french was mandatory from grades 1-12. After I graduated from high school the language pretty much left me. Now and then I pick up a few words. Parisian french is much more of a challenge.

Bon jour......I, as well, attended a 'parochial' school....convent, girls only, nuns were tough...but got us through with disclipline and kindness (mostly), and lack of 'boy' distractions..😉.  Lucky you had a 'French Connection'..LOL.  DH yesterday in fact had a crossword clue and asked me if 'peut....? made any sense.  Without thinking it came to me...peut etre.  But I find the words sometimes come easily without thought so the nuns must have pounded them into me and made an impression during the time I was learning.  My son went on to a Canadian U which required graduation with a French 'language' requirement.  He didn't use it in business which was his thought for attending at the time. 

• Like 1

Bon jour......I, as well, attended a 'parochial' school....convent, girls only, nuns were tough...but got us through with disclipline and kindness (mostly), and lack of 'boy' distractions..😉.  Lucky you had a 'French Connection'..LOL.  DH yesterday in fact had a crossword clue and asked me if 'peut....? made any sense.  Without thinking it came to me...peut etre.  But I find the words sometimes come easily without thought so the nuns must have pounded them into me and made an impression during the time I was learning.  My son went on to a Canadian U which required graduation with a French 'language' requirement.  He didn't use it in business which was his thought for attending at the time. 

I'm somewhat speechless after reading your reply, oh  yes those nuns (Sister's of St. Anne) with their clappers knew how to work them to inflict pain on the boy's knuckles. Why did the boys always get whacked and the most the girls got was a stern voice, they'd have to be doing something really terrible. Lol..peut etre was a word that just rattled my brain having not used it for so long but it came back alright .Lucky for us boys, my high school graduating class in 1965 consisted of 13 boys and 32 girls. Our two daughters never picked up the language going to grammar and high schools which was still ok. They're both successful in their careers while one is 49 the other 52 now, lol..lol.. A bientot, et bonjour.

• Like 1

Tuscan used to be $40 per person about 3 years ago.  And that INCLUDED the gratuity. Now grats are added on to the base price. Last time we ate in Tuscan the bill was about $105 and that is with our 15% Elite Plus discount.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, DJLDRUMS said:

It is NOT a world class Italian restaurant however it is OK. Food is generally subjective however I think it is a step up from the MDR.

There are sample menus on the Celebrity website.

I personally don’t think it is worth the listed price however if there is a significant sale or you have extra OBC you could give it a try.

• Thanks 1