BEWARE!!!!!! Beyond Creaking

1 hour ago, beachhouse said:

How about because I am in the cabin Now!!

it's called privacy and common sense.I 

am happy to reveal the number when I get off the ship.

I agree 100%. I’m surprised people are asking you for this info while you are still sailing. 

• Like 6

We were in cabin 11115 for our February cruise. The first night was horrible. No sleep. Went to concierge to say something and she sent up maintenance who did a few things. It was little better, but when the seas were rough, it was back again. We had five couples and ours was the only cabin with a problem.  (We were given a FCC for our inconvenience) 

1 hour ago, beachhouse said:

How about because I am in the cabin Now!!

it's called privacy and common sense.I 

am happy to reveal the number when I get off the ship.

Apologies.  It was early when I read the post and missed the part that you were still on the ship.

• Like 2

• Host Anne changed the title to BEWARE!!!!!! Beyond Creaking
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, beachhouse said:

Deck 11. But people from other levels are having the same issue.

As has been suggested by another poster, talking with guest services and the maintenance department to see if they are able to correct the problem or find a reasonable solution for you may be good. If they are not able they may issue an FCC for your troubles.  

We had a similar issue with a stateroom a few years back during the post pandemic ramp up and they were able to address the problem as, in our case, it was related to the balcony door. However, as the ship was not full, they offered to move us to a different stateroom if it could not be corrected.

i see where you posted that guest services has visited your stateroom.  Hopefully they can help as IMO calmly discussing this with them is the right option.  Venting here, while perhaps a stress relief, will bring no resolution to your on board issue. 

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

I, too, had read reports of the banging and creaking on Beyond.  I did not discount these reports…but hoped to be lucky and have one of the unaffected cabins.  Alas, I had the crazy noises in cabin 7161.  At that time (November 2022) I said I wouldn’t sail Beyond or her younger sister ships again.  I sailed on Apex and Edge and did not have the noise issues.  I am giving Beyond one more try (🤞🤞) in a Sunset Veranda…accompanied by my ear plugs, white noise machine and headphones if necessary.

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

No, you still don't know that they have ignored it.  You have no idea what steps may have been taken to try to correct it or if there are still steps underway. Or what the ultimate corrections may entail. You are simply making assumptions.

You also don't if these issues are intermittent based on sea conditions, or caused by other factors that may come and go.  This could be caused by a number of things of which you may have no knowledge.  So it would be hard to draw conclusions on what they are or are not doing.

Hopefully you will still enjoy your cruise.

I am not posting my info to get your Opinion. I would like you to move on. Simply trying to help other future cruisers

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, beachhouse said:

I am not posting my info to get your Opinion. I would like you to move on. Simply trying to help other future cruisers

Its an open forum.  You are certainly expressing yours.  And as indicated I have also suggested ways to find a solution and hope it works out for you.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

well I have an ocean view planned for this fall and I am near the bridge.

I hear a lot of creaking, I will go down to guest services and ask if I can speak to someone from the bridge and then question them if they hear the noise.

My luck it would be Capt Kate who would tell me no all she hears is her cat meowing.  ha ha.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, beachhouse said:

I read the reviews dated back to the beginning Beyond's sailing and took it with a grain of salt. And it s STILL going on 2 years later is how  know they have ignored it. They know it's happening and could block off those cabins that have issues and not book them until the problem is fixed but it is all about the almighty $$ I guess.

What cabin numbers?

FWIW while in moderate seas with quartering or winds abeam have had significant noises on every Celebrity ship along with a couple Princess and HAL vessels.

Ships are made to flex.  Suggest the OP might best stay on land as weather is impossible to predict.

As for complaints about lots of things. . . Cruise Critic has moved from 90% of posters looking for assistance to over half with a gripe about something.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

My luck it would be Capt Kate who would tell me no all she hears is her cat meowing.  ha ha.

Wow.

Have you actually sailed with her? I have on Edge and found her very open and receptive to passengers. Not as elitist as you imply that she is.

• Like 2

We were in room 9159 in January and it was creaking during the night.

We'd read  the comments prior to the cruise so we weren't surprised. 

Casually mentioned it to an officer in the retreat lounge one evening, he agreed there was a problem.   A couple days later we unexpectedly received two future cruise credits.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, granger said:

We were in room 9159 in January and it was creaking during the night.

We'd read  the comments prior to the cruise so we weren't surprised. 

Casually mentioned it to an officer in the retreat lounge one evening, he agreed there was a problem.   A couple days later we unexpectedly received two future cruise credits.

We were in 9154 in January and April last year, opposite side of the ship than you but almost directly opposite. We did not have any noise. 

Just got off Friday, had cabin 10123 which is almost directly above 9159, no noise.

Over on the Oceania boards there are many complaints on Vista of "thin walls" and being able to hear your neighbors conversations and TV. Seems these newer ships have challenges.

mac_tlc

6 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Over on the Oceania boards there are many complaints on Vista of "thin walls" and being able to hear your neighbors conversations and TV. Seems these newer ships have challenges.

mac_tlc

Any noise is not good but I’m especially sensitive to this type of noise. I’ll never sail any ship that has reports of hearing conversations of neighbors or TVs. Yikes.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, luv2camp04 said:

I'm wondering why the OP is so hesitant to state the actual cabin number.  Very vague.

Exactly! Or sceenshot of deck with a circle area of which the indv speaks of w/o ex: cabin#. OP in a retreat suite🤔, which means forward ship!

23 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

What cabin numbers?

FWIW while in moderate seas with quartering or winds abeam have had significant noises on every Celebrity ship along with a couple Princess and HAL vessels.

Ships are made to flex.  Suggest the OP might best stay on land as weather is impossible to predict.

As for complaints about lots of things. . . Cruise Critic has moved from 90% of posters looking for assistance to over half with a gripe about something.

Whenever I read a reply like this I repost this video.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

We were on the Beyond about one year ago.  We had a get together with our Roll Call.  I would say 8 out of 10  rooms had noises and this included a high end suite.  Luckily, we had a quiet room.  Also, the seas were very calm that week.  I felt bad for those that could not sleep.

On my recent cruise on Ascent, I heard noises one night.  It seemed that the chairs on the Veranda were in contact with the walls.  When I moved them from the walls, the noise ceased.  The seas were also a little rough which may have contributed..  

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Whenever I read a reply like this I repost this video.

Where this video was taken  the cabin is close to those special rooms & video above life boats & arms! OP said they were on other side! Where do they stop the carpet when not in use? Apparently these E class ships are going through something 🤔

Screenshot_20240303_164646_Chrome.jpg

We sailed on the Beyond and heard nothing but clearly some cabins do have the noise issue.  My question would be what as Celebrity done to fix the issue on future E Class and what have they done or plan to do for the Beyond.  

Posted (edited)

We sailed the Ascent in December, 2023 in an IV6271 and it was noisy, despite maintenance trying to fix it. We had creaking sounds and a drip, drip, drip, drip….

I’m glad there is no noise in some staterooms, but it seems there are enough people who have trouble sleeping due to stateroom noises that a warning should be out there for anyone who plans to be on an Edge class ship. You might get lucky, but if you have a noisy stateroom, hopefully you come prepared with earplugs or a white noise machine.

Edited by Margarita Jane
Spelling

If you have an infinite veranda cabin some people have cracked the window ever so slightly and it has helped. Don't open enough to have a/c stop. Just like an 1/8 of an inch.

• Like 2

Got off the Beyond 1 March. Sailed in 10113. No significant noise and slept just fine, and we had some moderate seas during the cruise. If not resolved by the end of the cruise, post your cabin number in the room report thread so others can avoid.

Someone should ask the infamous Capt. Kate what the issue is with Beyond and Ascent as she is not afraid to speak her mind.  Celebrity refuses to address the issue publicly as they go from cruise to cruise with maintenance just stuffing foam in-between the shifting wall and ceiling panels.   It is an engineering problem that has to be rectified otherwise Xcel will have the same issues. 

@beachhouse I am so sorry you are going through this! We were in Magic Carpet Suite 10168 last November.  The loud popping, crackling noise was unbelievable!  It even kept my husband awake who can sleep through just about anything!  They eventually moved us two nights later to a Sky Suite on the other side of the ship.  They relayed to us that they had issues with the noise in our cabin on the previous sailing.  

People who have not experienced it have no clue how it ruins your vacation.  I don't go on a cruise to sleep with noise cancelling earphones or a sound machine which I don't use at home! 

We have been on over 30 cruises and this is the only cruise we have ever had these issues.  We are cruising on her again next month in a regular infinite veranda on deck 7.  Praying we have no issues.  

• Like 3