BEWARE!!!!!! Beyond Creaking

I am on Celebrity Beyond now. The rumors of creaking and popping and sounds like the cabin is falling apart are a TRUE: I read the reviews before booking this ship and ignored all the people complaining about the noises.

there are other cruisers experiencing this also and the deck level doesn't seem to matter.

it is so bad there is NO SLEEP to be had on this ship. I have been on 15+ cruises and realize this is a ship but no other ship has been like this.  I will NEVER sail on this ship again. Celebrity has had 1-2 years to correct this problem and have ignored it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

We have been on the Beyond and had no noise issues.  So not discounting those that have encountered noise it is not every cabin.  Have to believe if our cabin was fine others are as well.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We have been on the Beyond and had no noise issues.  So not discounting those that have encountered noise it is not every cabin.  Have to believe if our cabin was fine others are as well.  

My friends were on her in January and said it was the best cruise they have ever taken and booked another cruise while they were on board.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beachhouse said:

Deck 11. But people from other levels are having the same issue.

We were on the beyond last year had two cabins in different locations had no noice but expected noise as many people say there is.  Curious what side of the ship are you on and what is your cabin number?  Perhaps the magic carpet may be the issue (cabins at the magic carpet)?  That is terrible, could you ask to be moved?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jelayne said:

You are absolutely correct. But the fact that it is on more than one deck level is impossible  to know which ones not to choose.Its a crap shoot. And a lot of $$ at stake.

• Like 2

My sister/brother in law are on that cruise now they have no issues but they are in a suite, and sailed 6 times on her the past six months.  I am going on April 27th and are very nervous about this issue too.

3 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

We were on the beyond last year had two cabins in different locations had no noice but expected noise as many people say there is.  Curious what side of the ship are you on and what is your cabin number?  Perhaps the magic carpet may be the issue (cabins at the magic carpet)?  That is terrible, could you ask to be moved?

We are NOT on the Magic Carpet side of the ship

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

My sister/brother in law are on that cruise now they have no issues but they are in a suite, and sailed 6 times on her the past six months.  I am going on April 27th and are very nervous about this issue too.

We are also in a Suite

15 minutes ago, beachhouse said:

Deck 11 is quite long. Was this forward, midship, aft, port, starboard? It would be nice to know which cabin you were. I have one booked on 11 coming up.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, beachhouse said:

1,646 staterooms on Beyond.  While there may be some issues with some staterooms on some decks, I would have to believe the issues are isolated.  If it was a pervasive issue your comments would be viral and widespread amongst the passengers.   And what insight do you have to decide that Celebrity has ignored this?

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

1,646 staterooms on Beyond.  While there may be some issues with some staterooms on some decks, I would have to believe the issues are isolated.  If it was a pervasive issue your comments would be viral and widespread amongst the passengers.   And what insight do you have to decide that Celebrity has ignored this?

Enjoy your cruise.

I read the reviews dated back to the beginning Beyond's sailing and took it with a grain of salt. And it s STILL going on 2 years later is how  know they have ignored it. They know it's happening and could block off those cabins that have issues and not book them until the problem is fixed but it is all about the almighty $$ I guess.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, luv2camp04 said:

I'm wondering why the OP is so hesitant to state the actual cabin number.  Very vague.

How about because I am in the cabin Now!!

it's called privacy and common sense.I 

am happy to reveal the number when I get off the ship.

• Like 29

To OP and others: 

pls see all the other threads that have  tracked noise/ creaking reports..some with sound.

The  noise is apparently real, but no rhyme or reason has yet been offered.  Some cabins get " fixed"  after reports have been made ???

We had no issues on EDGE, BEYOND or ASCENT and hope all will be well on  APEX

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, beachhouse said:

Guest relations just left our cabin to hear for themselves. They definitely confirmed we have a problem. Waiting to see what happens next.

Great to hear.  i hope they can successfully fix it for you so you can enjoy the rest of your cruise.  BTW, I was just going to post the reason I thought you were not giving out your cabin number but you beat me to it.  i'm sure you'll give it when you are off the ship.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, beachhouse said:

I read the reviews dated back to the beginning Beyond's sailing and took it with a grain of salt. And it s STILL going on 2 years later is how  know they have ignored it. They know it's happening and could block off those cabins that have issues and not book them until the problem is fixed but it is all about the almighty $$ I guess.

We have sailed three times on Beyond including her Maiden TA. Never had any noise issues at all.

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, beachhouse said:

No, you still don't know that they have ignored it.  You have no idea what steps may have been taken to try to correct it or if there are still steps underway. Or what the ultimate corrections may entail. You are simply making assumptions.

You also don't if these issues are intermittent based on sea conditions, or caused by other factors that may come and go.  This could be caused by a number of things of which you may have no knowledge.  So it would be hard to draw conclusions on what they are or are not doing.

Hopefully you will still enjoy your cruise.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

oh my! yikes.

We came back to our suite on deck 11, Sunset Suite, right after an early dinner.  Our suite had no noise issues at all, in the aft corner of the ship.  By the aft elevators, the ship was creaking loudly and maintenance was there.  The loud sounds were on both sides.  We took the elevator down to 10 and up to 12;  same thing!  I was on Beyond in December and no noise at all by the aft elevators on that 10 night cruise; our suite was right by the elevators on this trip.  All I can verify is that I have experienced both, but no noise either time in my two different suites and different cruises.

Edited by Lastdance