MERGED:Does anyone else have the NCL ad pop up from the right on every page?

7 hours ago, Pushka said:

Why is it targeted at Australian members? 

Sounds like racial profiling, that should be enough to get rid of it.....

35 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

They are not getting them yet was my point, it is 3.50am in NYC, we only started getting the ads this morning.

Then why is UK getting them while they are ‘asleep’. 

Imagine my dismay when today I’ve opened the Azamara board in Cruise Critic, only to find that an ad for NCL now takes up the bottom third of my Ipad screen. It doesn’t matter which thread I then open- the ad just reappears.

So, thanks a lot Crusie Critic - you’re now ruining what has been a great source.

To NCL - Azamara cruisers ain’t going anywhere near your ships, especially given your shabby treatment of very elderly passengers you’ve stranded recently with no apparent support; so stop wasting your money disrupting this Board.

8 hours ago, Pushka said:

For those on the iPad, download and use Chrome. It blocks the pop ups without the need for a VPN. I'm just disgusted it's only targeting Australian users. The admins must have known about this to enable it to be targeted.  

I'm on a PC using Chrome and it's happening time and time again.

• Administrators

Hi all,

Well, it's 8:47 am here on the EAST COAST US just for you timekeepers.

So, we aren't running any type of ad that pops up on the AU forum.  The only non-google type ad you should be seeing is the static Silversea ad running at the very top of the forum, and it doesn't pop.  You have to actually click it, it's easily scrolled past.

I would be VERY appreciative if someone could take a screenshot of the ad right after it pops up, and either upload here to this topic or send to me at community@cruisecritic.com so I can get to the bottom of this.

Thanks, Host Kat, for stepping in here and moving to the Need Help forum, and to all of you for reporting this.

Edited to ask:  if you could capture the URL (web site address of the ad) in the screenshot that would be SUPER helpful.

Laura

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, LauraS said:

Hi all,

Well, it's 8:47 am here on the EAST COAST US just for you timekeepers.

So, we aren't running any type of ad that pops up on the AU forum.  The only non-google type ad you should be seeing is the static Silversea ad running at the very top of the forum, and it doesn't pop.  You have to actually click it, it's easily scrolled past.

I would be VERY appreciative if someone could take a screenshot of the ad right after it pops up, and either upload here to this topic or send to me at community@cruisecritic.com so I can get to the bottom of this.

Thanks, Host Kat, for stepping in here and moving to the Need Help forum, and to all of you for reporting this.

Edited to ask:  if you could capture the URL (web site address of the ad) in the screenshot that would be SUPER helpful.

Laura

Thankyou. Here's an example right now. Safari. iPad. And others taken during the day. They appear every time you click on a link in the forum or refresh the screen.   There are three here. And as soon as I posted this post another one appears. 

IMG_1412.png

IMG_1409.png

IMG_1408.png

Edited by Pushka
  • Like 3

• Administrators

Thank you, we're working on this.

• Thanks 1

I was getting these this morning on both my ipad and my desktop computer.

Ipad is now back to normal, no pop up  ads.

Not sure about computer and not turning it back on to find out.

Currently almost midnight Fri night Australian central standard time. 

• Host Hattie changed the title to MERGED:Does anyone else have the NCL ad pop up from the right on every page?
12 hours ago, AJCM said:

So, thanks a lot Crusie Critic - you’re now ruining what has been a great source.

My apologies to Cruise Critic, who clearly are not responsible. Thanks to Cruise Critic - the problem seems fixed. Safari CC site working as it should.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Last night I did not have the problem on my phone and at home I was using Edge/Chrome and had the issue. 

But now I have awoken to find the nice usual CC without the pop up!  Thank goodness!

I wonder what the issue was?

Edited by alibabacruisers

26 minutes ago, AJCM said:

My apologies to Cruise Critic, who clearly are not responsible. Thanks to Cruise Critic - the problem seems fixed. Safari CC site working as it should.

Indeed. It would seem that CC and NCL are just as much victims as you and me. 
Many thanks to LauraS and the team for finding a resolution and please accept my apologies for any harsh comments. Keep up the good work. 

• Like 2