So far an AMAZING cruise on the Emerald Princess !

tml1230

Host CJSKIDS
This post was recognized by Host CJSKIDS!

"Thank you for doing a live from while on your sailing! Please think about doing a review on your return."

tml1230 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

For folks soon to be on the Emerald Princess, we boarded last Wednesday in Fort Lauderdale and en route to Quebec City.....GREAT ports of call !

the ship is in EXCELLENT  shape, the crew is outstanding (they always are!)

Internet speed is good and has been reliable.

room service has been good to very good,

Just the typical and routine annoyances....mostly generated/ initiated  by fellow passengers. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

So excited to see the Canada New England cruises start for this year. 
We wanted to be on the Emerald but got the Majestic instead as we are going next year. We are a bit disappointed. 
I would be really interested in your take on Saguenay port and the excursions available or on your own options. I think you “have to” take the HOHO bus as a minimum to see the town as it’s so far from port?  
Glad you are enjoying your trip! 

Edited by paddingtonbear

2 hours ago, tml1230 said:

For folks soon to be on the Emerald Princess, we boarded last Wednesday in Fort Lauderdale and en route to Quebec City.....GREAT ports of call !

the ship is in EXCELLENT  shape, the crew is outstanding (they always are!)

Internet speed is good and has been reliable.

room service has been good to very good,

Just the typical and routine annoyances....mostly generated/ initiated  by fellow passengers. 

We took this repositioning voyage last summer on Caribbean Princess, and it was excellent!

We missed Newport due to weather, but loved Bar Harbor, NYC, Boston, and a few other stops.

Hope you can spend a couple nights in Quebec City, so fun and quaint!

We did B2B full transit Panama Canal cruises last year on Emerald, 30 days, and she's in great shape!

Edited by startedwithamouse

9 hours ago, geoherb said:

This is great news. I'm sailing from Boston to Quebec beginning August 28. I've been looking forward to being on the Emerald again. We last sailed on it 15 years ago, but we've been on the Crown and the Ruby more recently.

I will wave to you as they are kicking me off. I will be the one crying while telling them that I don’t want to leave. 😂

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kay S said:

The Emerald is the only one of that ship class I haven't sailed on.  How is the Skywalkers?

funny you should ask! we are sitting there right now  at 9:15  reading and checking emails.

As usual its very quiet in the mornings and has that million dollar view! All the furniture is in perfect condition  and comfortable.

there is one gentleman snoring about 50 feet away....sounds like a husquavana chain saw!

this is our 3rd cruise in Reserve class ...all 3 have been great but this one is simply incredible! the staff and dining area are the best!.....so good we have not even had one meal in buffet which is VERY unusual for us.

Since we got it for free, we  went to steamers seafood place one evening....to us, just ok  but wouldn't pay $15 each for it...(the add on charge of $10 for a lobster tail and crab was only memorable moment....

the 911 memorial and museum yesterday in NYC was a very powerful and certainly worthwhile. Glad we did it on our own. 

Boston tomorrow...what a great itinerary !!

enjoy your cruise!

• Like 7

I second that promotion! On board as well - our first trip back on Princess in over a year. 

We too are in Reserve and agree with tml1230 on all counts. The food and service have been very good - all meals but one lunch (the Pig Melt) have been delicious. Servers are very personable including the HW Pablo who makes a nice pasta dish everyday on site. 

The musicians onboard are - typical for Princess - excellent. 

I am very happy to say that the wine service is much improved - they even have dedicated "sommeliers" onboard! Wine is served in proper stemware! Not a fan of the no name varietals but once you find an acceptable quaff it's not bad. The Sauvignon Blanc isn't bad for the Plus white and the Malbec and Carmenere are acceptable reds. Of course, our old favorite venue, The Vines, offers more - including our long-time fave Embruix Vall llach (off the menu - always make friends with the barkeep!) 

The Emerald, as noted by tml1230, is just beautiful, if not a bit dated. We love this class with the wrap-around promenade deck!

We just attended an "International Wine tasting" which was a blast! Everyone was encouraged to visit each of the several stations they set up, multiple pours were offered, and everyone mingled happily, rather than sit at a table with a one small "tasting" per wine. We signed up for a Silverado lunch and another tasting based on how well this was presented.

Activities are plentiful - hard to see why anyone would complain about nothing to do!

One nitpick: way too loud in the Atrium - we usually avoid the area. One more is the scheduling which several times has posted different venues and times on the Patter and app, confusing staff and passengers alike.

I've been justifiably critical of the Santa Clarita crowd - they are fortunate to have such good crew members who work their tails off to deliver a great product; but I'm very happy that they appear to have addressed the wine service - don't stop! Restore The Vines to all ships!

Good job, Princess!

• Like 2

So great to hear how well things are going on the Emerald!  We board in Quebec City next week and cannot wait.  We essentially did this cruise 2 summers ago on the Caribbean Princess and we are looking forward to this itinerary which includes a couple different ports.

Question: Curious as to what the production shows are on the Emerald, if tml1230 or loge23 wouldn't mind responding?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi Cruisin1357

So far there have been two (I think!): The Magic one (not sure of the correct title) and Sweet Soul Music. Tomorrow there is the Disco - Blame it on the Boogie production. There has also been headliner shows with the ship band backing them - tonight was Stephanie Hodgdon's She Will Rock You show part 2. We missed part 1 on Monday, but she did a great job with the always excellent ship band backing.

There was also a comedian: Sid Davis, missed that too, sorry!

We're enjoying the guest musicians: The Silver Duet, a couple from Argentina - guitarist and singer - fab in imo; and Luis Ramos from Brazil, solo guitarist/singer - also very good!

There's a classical string duo, a pianist, and Clarolyn Maier, pianist/singer in the Crooners - she's a wonderful Crooner's-type act.

Not sure if this will be what you see on the next cruise.

Enjoy your cruise!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, loge23 said:

Hi Cruisin1357

So far there have been two (I think!): The Magic one (not sure of the correct title) and Sweet Soul Music. Tomorrow there is the Disco - Blame it on the Boogie production. There has also been headliner shows with the ship band backing them - tonight was Stephanie Hodgdon's She Will Rock You show part 2. We missed part 1 on Monday, but she did a great job with the always excellent ship band backing.

There was also a comedian: Sid Davis, missed that too, sorry!

We're enjoying the guest musicians: The Silver Duet, a couple from Argentina - guitarist and singer - fab in imo; and Luis Ramos from Brazil, solo guitarist/singer - also very good!

There's a classical string duo, a pianist, and Clarolyn Maier, pianist/singer in the Crooners - she's a wonderful Crooner's-type act.

Not sure if this will be what you see on the next cruise.

Enjoy your cruise!

I'm glad you're enjoying the Emerald and that the WiFi is good.  I'll be cruising on her in 5 1/2 weeks and have prepaid for the Net.  And thanks for the show list.  A couple of them sound intriguing.  I hope they last until I board.

Thanks again and I hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise.  Keep us updated!

• Like 1