Beyond -Has anyone found the ducks Im hiding?

On 7/22/2024 at 9:54 PM, TGfromTX said:

Just curious if anyone is finding this as fun as I?

image.thumb.jpeg.ac1af4552cc6d8180add9246be408823.jpeg
ignore the water test kit. I’m going to check what is coming out of these pipes shortly. 

Would be fun for the children on Disney and Royal Caribbean.    There were ducks on the Ascent and anyone want to guess where they were deposited?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, keesar said:

Would be fun for the children on Disney and Royal Caribbean.    There were ducks on the Ascent and anyone want to guess where they were deposited?

Didn’t Disney say no more?

3 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Yes, they do not allow rubber ducks.

I imagine that they had a good rationale for doing so.  I have never seen any on a Celebrity ship, though I did overhear a large group talking about all the places they hid them on my last cruise.

the balloon drops i  the main atriums have also waned..

X is not a frat party type of crowd ..but yet lively and fun ..at least on E Class!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

When we find them, we just smile and keep walking.  

While not my thing, I would do the same.  It seems harmless “fun”.

• Like 3

I guess I'm  the only one who found the irony of OP bringing a  water test kit to the ship.

Worried about their drinking water, but not in the least bit concerned about contributing to the  general ocean pollution of human junk. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

I guess I'm  the only one who found the irony of OP bringing a  water test kit to the ship.

Worried about their drinking water, but not in the least bit concerned about contributing to the  general ocean pollution of human junk. 

I thought the test kit was for their house..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

When we find them, we just smile and keep walking.  

Next time, pick it up and offer it to one of the workers onboard. I have never seen such excited reactions from the crew. They absolutely get visibly excited if you offer them a duck. They’ll thank you for a $2 tip but I can’t explain the reactions they have for ducks. 
And duck hiding had already caught on the Beyond. Many ducks around this ship if you look. Also plenty of doors decorated. I walked around different floors just to look at doors for an hour or so. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, miched said:

Here is an article published on Cruise Critic about hiding ducks.   The pros and cons 

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles/cruise-ducks-cruising-s-strange-obsession

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Just an opinion piece, the cons state safety without specifics other than a fire risk in the uncommon event someone decides to move a ceiling panel

It does not get into the fact that they're probably made by children in 3rd world countries and that most of them get tossed in the trash.  If you're into duck hunts and care about being green, the best thing you can do is not buy anyone more, but rather reuse the ones you found

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Just an opinion piece, the cons state safety without specifics other than a fire risk in the uncommon event someone decides to move a ceiling panel

It does not get into the fact that they're probably made by children in 3rd world countries and that most of them get tossed in the trash.  If you're into duck hunts and care about being green, the best thing you can do is not buy anyone more, but rather reuse the ones you found

So if I sign up for the go green program and hide a duck, do I cancel myself?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Liao said:

So if I sign up for the go green program and hide a duck, do I cancel myself?

Was on the Summit sailing in August which was the first time they replaced the metal water bottles with plastic, I overheard a few people touting the green benefits of the metal bottles, but they still accepted and drank from the plastic water bottles...lol

I think it would be more fun to hide rubber rats, mice, snakes, spiders, or  cockroaches during a Halloween cruise   😱😬.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Haha 3