Quiet place to read in the AM on the Beyond

39 minutes ago, Ocala Cruisers said:

We are on the Beyond in a few weeks.  Where is a quiet place for me to read in the morning?  Thank you for your replies,

Do you have a veranda?  My favorite quiet spot.  I can read, watch flying fish, see skimmer birds trying to catch flying fish, watch for dolphins, etc.  I sit for hours some days.  😊

39 minutes ago, Texed said:

Do you have a veranda?  My favorite quiet spot.  I can read, watch flying fish, see skimmer birds trying to catch flying fish, watch for dolphins, etc.  I sit for hours some days.  😊

On the Beyond odds are they don’t have a veranda and opening up the window covering would flood the room with light.  But agree, I have spent many quiet morning on the veranda. 

We also enjoyed Eden to relax and read.  On the transatlantic last year staff stocked the shelves with new books on the upper level.  There are a few lounge type chairs up against the mirrors.  It became our go to spot. Love the Beyond!  We’d sail her just for the ship. 

I'm a reader and since I typically book interior cabins, it's always rather disappointing to want to sit and read (and I need quiet when I read) but not be able to find anywhere on a ship to do that.  Even if you find a venue that isn't open until later, and there's no one around, there's usually blaring pop music that can't be tuned out (at least I can't).

I'm on a side to side, Reflection then Beyond.  Hopefully, I'll be able to find somewhere relatively quiet on Reflection, too.

49 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

I'm a reader and since I typically book interior cabins

I'm on a side to side, Reflection then Beyond.  Hopefully, I'll be able to find somewhere relatively quiet on Reflection, too.

On Reflection the Ensemble Lounge is usually quiet during the day and the library is also quiet.

7 hours ago, MandL said:

We also enjoyed Eden to relax and read.  On the transatlantic last year staff stocked the shelves with new books on the upper level.  There are a few lounge type chairs up against the mirrors.  It became our go to spot. Love the Beyond!  We’d sail her just for the ship. 

We just got off Beyond.  Agree on reading in Eden, but there are NO books, upstairs or other.  There were a few, mostly foreign language, down on Deck 3 where there are a few laptops in the former I store area by Guest Relations.  I think World Class bar would be a good place to read early in day.  Al Bacio was quiet until at least 9.  Also Sunset Bar.  I remember someone reading early on the Magic Carpet.

Edited by kabmab

1 hour ago, NCTribeFan said:

I'm a reader and since I typically book interior cabins, it's always rather disappointing to want to sit and read (and I need quiet when I read) …

Agree with the quiet.  Even on the M and S class ships, lately they have been playing loud techno type music so I have AirPods (or any other noise cancelling earbuds) and they block out the noise and I can read with my own instrumental or other music of my choice.  Might be an option…

1 hour ago, kabmab said:

We just got off Beyond.  Agree on reading in Eden, but there are NO books, upstairs or other.  There were a few, mostly foreign language, down on Deck 3 where there are a few laptops in the former I store area by Guest Relations.  I think World Class bar would be a good place to read early in day.  Al Bacio was quiet until at least 9.  Also Sunset Bar.  I remember someone reading early on the Magic Carpet.

Maybe they only put the books upstairs for the Transatlantic.  They were all new.  
At any rate, it was a nice quiet comfortable spot.  

Eden is the winner. 

Distant seconds - Not especially eye catching but The Club doesn't get used until later in the morning and the second floor balcony includes booths and lounge chairs.  I've always thought it would be a good place if one didn't want to be disturbed or a view.  Also, depending on how early the rear of the OVC or the pink side room could be an option if one wanted access to drinks and firsts at the buffet.  There are also areas of the Plaza that could allow for some degree of people watching without being in the direct path of passengers on non port days.  

If you like sitting outside while reading, the area just outside of Eden main level.  When you get outside just in front of and to the right is nice seating.  Don’t go over to the left aft, that’s a smoking area.

12 hours ago, HeddaGarbled said:

Eden won’t have blaring pop music in the mornings.

Other options are the roof top garden and the solarium. 

good to hear.. it was blaring on ASCENT  all over.. There is  spot with seats across from the  mural  where there was NO loud speaker!  

seems BEYOND us quieter

There is an outside area by cafe Al Bacio with lounger and padded chairs.   Good place to read outside.   There is also a smoking area on the port side by Eden and also the outside tables and chairs for the Eden Cafe.  

Best is to walk around and find a place that has comfortable chairs and is in a quiet area.   I see people sitting in the chairs near guest relations reading.    The chairs that Kelly used are more for style and not function.   Most aren’t comfortable to sit in. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

When we were on Beyond in May, World Class Bar was dark both day and night. . I certainly wouldn't try to read there. All S class ships have a lovely, comfortable, quiet library. So you are set for Reflection. 

On 9/2/2024 at 7:32 PM, NCTribeFan said:

I'm a reader and since I typically book interior cabins, it's always rather disappointing to want to sit and read (and I need quiet when I read) but not be able to find anywhere on a ship to do that.  Even if you find a venue that isn't open until later, and there's no one around, there's usually blaring pop music that can't be tuned out (at least I can't).

We've not been on the E class but on RF we spend quite a bit of time on the lifeboat deck, outside. It's quiet, has comfy chairs and you get the benefit of watching the waves and birds go by.