Dr. Odyssey

cmjars

As I posted in the 'How are things where you?' are thread, we basically set up all new scripted shows (not the reality stuff) to record, then we delete them as they are cancelled. If they get a second season pick up, then we'll watch and see if we like it.

Based on the premise alone, and the one short teaser commercial I've seen, I will be surprised if it makes it to season 2. I image it will be about as realistic as the 911 cruise ship sinking 3 parter, only in a completely different way

We'll see what the overnights look like tomorrow.

• Like 1

I watched the first 30 minutes then had to turn it off. Not very good writing. They gave Don Johnson the most stupid lines ever uttered by a fictional cruise ship captain. I give it 6 episodes and will be a mid season cancellation. Too bad. It was a decent premise.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, KroozFoolz said:

Will there be a mandatory man overboard every episode?

"Let me check how that fracture is healing."

I doubt any of the writers have been on a cruise.

Again, haven't watched, but as it's from the same people that brought us 911, probably the same writers that wrote the competition ridiculous 3 part cruise ship sinking. 

7 hours ago, RobInMN said:

As I posted in the 'How are things where you?' are thread, we basically set up all new scripted shows (not the reality stuff) to record, then we delete them as they are cancelled. If they get a second season pick up, then we'll watch and see if we like it.

Based on the premise alone, and the one short teaser commercial I've seen, I will be surprised if it makes it to season 2. I image it will be about as realistic as the 911 cruise ship sinking 3 parter, only in a completely different way

We'll see what the overnights look like tomorrow.

I'll be surprised if it doesn't get cancelled before the first season ends. I thought it was horrible.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, KroozFoolz said:

Will there be a mandatory man overboard every episode?

"Let me check how that fracture is healing."

I doubt any of the writers have been on a cruise.

They seem to have a lot of bedroom escapade experience though.🙄

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Scottdalfonso said:

They probably grew up watching the Love boat, lol 

I remember watching the Love Boat and I think that’s what got me interested in cruising.

And Princess brought the Pacific Princess to NY for its last season in before being sold in 2002 with 7 night cruises to Bermuda.  The ship was so small it was able to get into all the ports! Less than 700 onboard, it was the best cruise we’ve ever been on….and we’ve been on a lot! The ship looked exactly like what they showed on TV. Loved that cruise!

I used to enjoy the love boat.  While this isn't the same- I enjoy some adventure shows.  Will give it a shot.  Most of the Love Boat was shot at the studio, occasionally they had real ship pictures and real trips- mostly sets.  We now watch the reruns.

Edited by Cruise a holic

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I remember watching the Love Boat and I think that’s what got me interested in cruising.

And Princess brought the Pacific Princess to NY for its last season in before being sold in 2002 with 7 night cruises to Bermuda.  The ship was so small it was able to get into all the ports! Less than 700 onboard, it was the best cruise we’ve ever been on….and we’ve been on a lot! The ship looked exactly like what they showed on TV. Loved that cruise!

What memories!  That Pacific Princess cruise to Bermuda in 2002 was my very first cruise!  

I still watch old episodes of The Love Boat.   I also watched Dr Odyssey last night.  It wasn't as good as the old Love Boat series.  And did anyone else notice, at the end they said "love is in the air"?  That was always said on The Love Boat series. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ecslady said:

What memories!  That Pacific Princess cruise to Bermuda in 2002 was my very first cruise!  

I still watch old episodes of The Love Boat.   I also watched Dr Odyssey last night.  It wasn't as good as the old Love Boat series.  And did anyone else notice, at the end they said "love is in the air"?  That was always said on The Love Boat series. 

Do you remember when you cruised? We did the one that was in Bermuda on the 4th of July and they had American Flags on the pier when we got off the ship. It was so cool!

4 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I did a 10 night TA, non-stop Lisbon to San Juan, on Azamara Journey.  Passenger capacity = 694, but our sailing was only half full.  One big happy family (passengers and staff).  A fantastic cruise.

I'm a '60's kid so I loved the Love Boat; it seemed so glamorous at the time. We did not watch Dr. Odyssey and it sounds like we didn't miss anything. 😄 We recently watched an Acorn TV show called Good Ship Murder, set in the Mediterranean on the NCL Virtuosa. Despite the lovely settings and the humongous and beautiful but unrealistically empty cruise ship, we didn't even make it through one episode. So incredibly stupid -- there's a murder in a cabin but the police don't block off the cabin??? The ship's cabaret singer and first officer are on shore doing detective work?? I know it's TV and TV is not necessarily realistic, but this show was dumb. 

42 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I did a 10 night TA, non-stop Lisbon to San Juan, on Azamara Journey.  Passenger capacity = 694, but our sailing was only half full.  One big happy family (passengers and staff).  A fantastic cruise.

We had 680 on our cruise. We got to know so many of the passengers, it definitely was like one big family! Hmmm, maybe the memories of that fabulous cruise are why I don’t like the behemoth ships that Royal has. We like small ships.

1 hour ago, mizLORInj said:

I love The Love Boat too--in all its silliness.

I watched Dr. Odyssey--while I've never been to medical facilities on any ship, I doubt the space is so huge!     And his cabin/suite! 

I have been to the medical center on more than one ship, unfortunately, and what was depicted on Dr. Odyssey is ridiculous.  There is a waiting area and a triage area, as well as a series of exam rooms plus a large, emergency room type trauma room on all the medical centers on Royal ships that I have visited.

Dr Odyssey is a joke and I doubt I will watch another episode.