Children in the Diamond Lounge?

Oh my, parents changing diapers in the lounge is so classless..when did Royal become a Waffle House environment? Does make me prefer Celebrity at this point in my life due to parents not having any interest in managing their children.

Just a point of clarification. With the obvious exception of the restroom, changing a child's diaper in a Waffle House is also unacceptable.

I'd rather share a conversation with a well mannered kid in the DL instead of with the boorish snob, droning on and on, about how said child should not be allowed in.

And i know which category is in higher supply.

However, both unruly kids and/or adults should be removed from the DL.

I have sailed with my grandchildren 5 and 8 and have been allowed in the lounge. They share a chair and are aware of the privilege of the lounge. We sit and talk quietly about our day and what we have to look forward to. Personally I would take well behaved children over obnoxious loud inebriated adults any day!

It is really annoying when people use the " I would rather have kids than loud, drunk adults" approach to this issue. I have been in many Diamond and Concierge lounges and have very rarely, if ever seen any loud, drunken adults in these venues. I have never sailed Carnival, though which is noted in this poster's sig., so maybe that is the difference!?:confused:

It is really annoying when people use the " I would rather have kids than loud, drunk adults" approach to this issue. I have been in many Diamond and Concierge lounges and have very rarely, if ever seen any loud, drunken adults in these venues. I have never sailed Carnival, though which is noted in this poster's sig., so maybe that is the difference!?:confused:

No Diamond or Concierge lounges on Carnival.

You have to understand that Royal Caribbean has worked very hard to earn its reputation for being consistently inconsistent. Now that it has finally earned that reputation, it is not about to give it up easily.

LOL! Truer words were never spoken!;p

Thnx Bob for your reply. In the welcome letter we've received it still says "children" above 18 are allowed. The reason for this thread was that the diamond lounge was full including several children.

FWIW, some of these children in the Diamond Lounge / Club are actually Diamond, Diamond Club members in their own right. That is, they earned it based on their own cruising history not because of their parents.

And I have never seen or heard a child in the DL, CL, or SL that I wish was not there. As to Carnival, Carnival does not have a lounge that is reserved for passengers of a certain status, so I doubt that the person you are referring to has had any drunk adults bother him/her is said lounge.

I noticed it says you joined in the last 2 weeks, and you're already annoyed by postings. :confused:

Welcome to cruisecritic, you're going to enjoy it here.

FWIW, some of these children in the Diamond Lounge / Club are actually Diamond, Diamond Club members in their own right. That is, they earned it based on their own cruising history not because of their parents.

Come on, you know the parents paid for it anyway. [emoji12]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I've been in many Diamond lounges and have never seen any ill behaved children. Most of the time families with younger children eat at the first seating in the MDR, so they aren't in the lounge that long. My 14 year old daughter has been on every cruise that I have been on. It's nice that RCI now allows her to join my wife and I in the DL.

I've been in many Diamond lounges and have never seen any ill behaved children. Most of the time families with younger children eat at the first seating in the MDR, so they aren't in the lounge that long. My 14 year old daughter has been on every cruise that I have been on. It's nice that RCI now allows her to join my wife and I in the DL.
As we are late seating, we don't see too many kids. Some well behaved teens I think

Pat, I think you selected the wrong post to quote. [emoji33]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Nope, I figured that may confuse you though. :o Sorry.

You were quoting my friend Ian (Scotty) but my comment was directed to yours,

which I thought was pretty funny and was adding to it. I just did not want Ian to

think I was putting him off.

Bad girl..bad Island lady. ;p

I apologize that I haven't read through the multi pages of responses, but I sail with my mom and both of my boys (now 15 and 19.5). Both of the boys are D in their own right (yes John, I did pay for all of those cruises, but they did sail to earn the points, rather than riding on my coattails). Mom is D+ but we usually stick to the D lounge.

We try to go when we can, but find that the boys don't usually have any interest. Because boy #1 is not yet old enough to legally drink on the ship, it doesn't hold much appeal. And boy #2 usually has a drink package, so he can get soda at any bar, and likes frozen drinks, which are not made in the lounge, so he doesn't like to sit with us.

However, when they come, they are just too old to make a scene. Hopefully if we run into any of you on a cruise, you'll think they are polite, well behaved young men. If not, let me know and I'll slap them silly!!!!

When my children were young, we taught them to offer a seat to adults if none were available. As kids, they are generally comfortable sitting on the floor so it was never an issue for us. It was a matter of showing respect for adults.

We taught our sons to extend the same courtesy to women and the elderly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Bravo! The last time I posted that I was told respect is earned. :rolleyes: I guess I was doing it all wrong.

Who eats in a Waffle House? I bet if they do they don't wear shorts...:eek:

Have you never eaten in a Waffle House? Don't knock it till you have tried it. Sure beats the Ihop's and Cracker Barrels you must frequent. Are you an Olive Garden fan as well??

Just a point of clarification. With the obvious exception of the restroom, changing a child's diaper in a Waffle House is also unacceptable.

Believe it or not I have seen this in a Waffle House and those hash browns on that trip just were not very appetizing.