RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

I have been trying to get my hands on some Sheep Dip Scotch for a while.

Anyone know where it might be available?

Chris in Inuvik --> Who is still trying to decide whether to bring my kilt on my next cruise.

Not sure about Canada but it's still available here. Online might be a good vet.

Watch your luggage allowance with the kilt.

I have been trying to get my hands on some Sheep Dip Scotch for a while.

Anyone know where it might be available?

Chris in Inuvik --> Who is still trying to decide whether to bring my kilt on my next cruise.

Chris are we on Adventure together still? Ed I'm sure will be packing his Kilt. Just under £30 for a bottle of Sheep dip from Masters of The Malt, just awaiting a delivery from them, not Sheep Dip though.

Not sure about Canada but it's still available here. Online might be a good vet.

Watch your luggage allowance with the kilt.

Online not often an option for shipping to Canada. By the time they add duty and other "sin taxes", it brings it up to a ridiculous price, if they will even ship it at all.

As for the kilt - the weight of the kilt, plus various accoutrements (fancy word for dangle bits you add on), it sure does push the weight limits for flying.

But I proposed in my kilt, got married in my kilt, and this is our 20th anniversary, so I am truly torn.

Lots of time to decide, though.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Forums mobile app

Weather here lately is typical Rocky Mountain spring weather. Ski in the morning and play golf in the afternoon. :D Thursday (22 March) it's suppose to be windy with heavy rain. We fly out of here Thursday evening and are heading to Fort Lauderdale. :cool: Direct flight. Stay safe.

I miss skiing...these old bones have not lead us in that direction lately. Sigh...but it was so much fun when we flew out there to do it every year in the past. :D

:DHave a safe flight in and a wonderful time, which I am assuming is another upcoming cruise! :D

With the SL/CK, you get a lot more than you did with the old CL. [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Agree to that! ;)

But the old CL was better than other CL set ups on other ships (that still have them anyway :confused:). It was unique on the Oasis. :hearteyes: Still miss it.

Agree to that! ;)

But the old CL was better than other CL set ups on other ships (that still have them anyway :confused:). It was unique on the Oasis. :hearteyes: Still miss it.

Never saw an old CL setup on that class. We were only Diamond when we sailed Allure pre drydock.

I do like the layout of the Diamond club on Allure. Seems more functional than Oasis. The SL is nicer as well.

Never saw an old CL setup on that class. We were only Diamond when we sailed Allure pre drydock.

I do like the layout of the Diamond club on Allure. Seems more functional than Oasis. The SL is nicer as well.

What's the difference between the two D lounges? We didn't spend much time in the Oasis D lounge so I truly don't remember the inside.

Yeah, Bob was the one that mentioned the Oasis CL. It indeed was so nice to go in for a relaxing quiet breakfast and lunch in there. Limited menu, but hot and cooked to order with beer and wine included at lunch. Never busy in there for happy hour, and in fact the upstairs was never open for seating...and not needed.

Sigh..the old days. :o

Have never been on Allure. Just Oasis in that class, but have booked first Harmony cruise simply because it is coming to PC. Getting ready for the tiny little bilge rat DL on that one. :eek:

What's the difference between the two D lounges? We didn't spend much time in the Oasis D lounge so I truly don't remember the inside.

The railing that splits deck 11 into an upper and lower portion is moved forward on Allure. Creates a better flow. Also no high tops.

IMG_2735_1.jpg.dd073dc4d44cfb3ac366c364c77aaa3f.jpg

The railing that splits deck 11 into an upper and lower portion is moved forward on Allure. Creates a better flow. Also no high tops.

[ATTACH]417457[/ATTACH]

Wow never noticed that between oasis and allure.

The only differene i noticed was where chefs table was being held. Allure it is on deck 12 of dl and oasis it was in sl/ck.

Will check out the difference on allure in oct regarding dl railing and flow. We found it less crowded in dl for the two weeks on allure as there was no overflow in blaze. It was crazy crowded on oasis this past oct. Same months as we sailed allure oct 2016 and then oasis oct 2017. Maybe the difference in crowds has to do with sailing ports? port evergaldes (allure) and port canaveral (oasis)

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Wow never noticed that between oasis and allure.

The only differene i noticed was where chefs table was being held. Allure it is on deck 12 of dl and oasis it was in sl/ck.

Will check out the difference on allure in oct regarding dl railing and flow. We found it less crowded in dl for the two weeks on allure as there was no overflow in blaze. It was crazy crowded on oasis this past oct. Same months as we sailed allure oct 2016 and then oasis oct 2017. Maybe the difference in crowds has to do with sailing ports? port evergaldes (allure) and port canaveral (oasis)

Front side of rail has several duplex outlets, great for charging devices. All the center tables are 4 tops instead of the 6 top layouts on Oasis.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

If it was the Halloween cruise it was probably Laura's friends from Freedom

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

Yes it was and it was a fun bunch. I really spent all my time in the overflow in blaze for those 2 weeks. Stopped in sl nightly so i would have a drink for the elevator ride down to deck 4. Did not spend much time in sl on oasis.

On allure we also spent more time in dl than sl. I guess it is just the great company and conversations in dl that keep me going there during happy hour.

Yes it was and it was a fun bunch. I really spent all my time in the overflow in blaze for those 2 weeks. Stopped in sl nightly so i would have a drink for the elevator ride down to deck 4. Did not spend much time in sl on oasis.

On allure we also spent more time in dl than sl. I guess it is just the great company and conversations in dl that keep me going there during happy hour.

It’s too bad that DL will be likely moved soon during drydock. Sounds like it was fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In January the DL on Allure was crowded every night. People started arriving at 3:30 to be ready for 4:30. I went to the lounge at 3:30 to ask the Concierge a question and the place was close to being full already.

There is an upper area that is used for a while when the lounge is full. The problem with that is that when it is close to the time for the Chef's table dinner, the people are asked to leave the upper area.

I do think that some of the people in the lounge go for the full time the cocktails are served. We were able to get in after 5:30 as many of those in the lounge had early dinner. We sat with a couple most nights we were there and they started drinking martinis at 4:30 and stayed until the end.

They told us they didn't buy any other drinks at all on the ship because they were able to be in the lounge instead of spending money elsewhere. They were really have a great time and we enjoyed their company.

In January the DL on Allure was crowded every night. People started arriving at 3:30 to be ready for 4:30. I went to the lounge at 3:30 to ask the Concierge a question and the place was close to being full already.

There is an upper area that is used for a while when the lounge is full. The problem with that is that when it is close to the time for the Chef's table dinner, the people are asked to leave the upper area.

I do think that some of the people in the lounge go for the full time the cocktails are served. We were able to get in after 5:30 as many of those in the lounge had early dinner. We sat with a couple most nights we were there and they started drinking martinis at 4:30 and stayed until the end.

They told us they didn't buy any other drinks at all on the ship because they were able to be in the lounge instead of spending money elsewhere. They were really have a great time and we enjoyed their company.

We were on the Allure January we went at 4:30 and stay to 5:30 I can't say it was crowded .

A couple times most of the seats were taking the rest of the times lots of seats available.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Forums mobile app

It’s too bad that DL will be likely moved soon during drydock. Sounds like it was fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is also the possibility that it won’t move. There must be a bigger reason that they abandoned their initial plans for Wonderland during the last drydock.

If it was something that could have been overcome I’m sure they would have figured it out in the year between their initial attempt for Oasis and when Allure went for her drydock.

There is also the possibility that it won’t move. There must be a bigger reason that they abandoned their initial plans for Wonderland during the last drydock.

If it was something that could have been overcome I’m sure they would have figured it out in the year between their initial attempt for Oasis and when Allure went for her drydock.

Lets hope it doesn't move because on the worlds biggest ships it doesn't make sense to loyal Diamond members to get a reduced size DL especially when D+ are not allowed into SL so the DL is more congested.