Do you walk with bikinis from cabins to pool deck?

Yoyo123

Hmmmm.... never seen any indication you need a cover up. Most cruise lines say something about covering swimsuits in the eating areas, or no swimsuits in those areas. But have never seen any requirement for cover up walking from cabin to pool.

I agree- you dont have to-- there is no rule there against it.

But with no coverup you will not be allowed in to the eating venues.

and walking from the cabin to the pools can get long

lol I know it's a dumb question but I want to know if do you walk all the way from cabins to pool deck on bikinis or you dress up at the pol deck?

wear a cover up. some will tell you wearing a robe is acceptable, I personally believe robes are for after the shower or in the sauna, but not poolside.

doesn't matter of you are Heidi Klum or not.. it is inappropriate to wear a swimsuit out and about

wear a cover up. some will tell you wearing a robe is acceptable, I personally believe robes are for after the shower or in the sauna, but not poolside.

doesn't matter of you are Heidi Klum or not.. it is inappropriate to wear a swimsuit out and about

I'm willing to bet 98% of the straight men on the ship would disagree with this.

As my mother often told me: Just because you can do something, it doesn't mean you should.

While there might not be a rule about covering up a bathing suit when not on the pool deck, it's just good manners to do so.

I'm in agreement that a coverup isn't required. Social convention is that you wear a coverup, and almost all do. However, if you prefer to walk around in your bathing suit, I believe that is your call.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

At first I thought, yes...please put on a cover up, that would be proper :)

Then after I thought about it....

IF I had the body to actually wear a bikini, I would probably walk, or skip, to the pool without a cover up :)

(don't be frightened, it'll never happen)

:D

lol I know it's a dumb question but I want to know if do you walk all the way from cabins to pool deck on bikinis or you dress up at the pol deck?

I think we are too wrapped up in American modesty values for most of the posts here.

The OP is from South Africa, is booked on a European cruise line and they have a different view of displaying the body. (Quite frankly I had never heard of the MSC line and was surprised to find they are the fourth largest in the world.)

I would suggest taking some sort of cover-up and waiting to see what your fellow passengers are doing.

Thanks guys for all your responses...really cover ups are a must and it goes with your dignity. I thought maybe you go up well dressed and find changing room at the pool deck or go with bikini...now you answered me BTW I'm waiting for my order of cover ups, I'm am busy with my shopping step by step.

Thanks guys for all your responses...really cover ups are a must and it goes with your dignity. I thought maybe you go up well dressed and find changing room at the pool deck or go with bikini...now you answered me BTW I'm waiting for my order of cover ups, I'm am busy with my shopping step by step.

Shopping is one of the best things to do before your cruise. :D Have a great time.

Virtually everybody wears some sort of over up from cabin to pool - there is no rule, but there are long passage ways, most likely an elevator ride, and - depending on the ship, the layout of the Lido deck, and the elevator you take, you may have to pass through the eating area -- where cover-ups are required.

Also, you don't want to do it in bare feet, even though there is no law about that either.

I know what you mean. Like do you have to go to great lengths to dress up or can you just go in your bikini or just throw on a sundress. I'm on my first cruise in September & worried I may be a little underdressed. I.e too casual. but I suppose it does depend on the cruise line & the days activities.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Archived