Is there shrimp in the Windjammer?

I've never seen shrimp in there...and if there is, I can't imagine it being too good...what they serve in the dining room is certainly nothing special!

I love shrimp, too, so I cook it at home often...shrimp is super easy to cook...I consider it a "convenience" food! It thaws fast, cooks fast...what's not to like!!!!

Edited by cb at sea

The MDR has shrimp cocktail as appetizer, and I remember there is a fisherman platter that has shrimp and lobster tail.

I think that's about it. I don't remember ever seeing shrimp anywhere at WindJammer. What there is at MDR is average at best, certainly not worth going there 'just for shrimp".......

Edited by bouhunter

I've never seen shrimp in there...and if there is, I can't imagine it being too good...what they serve in the dining room is certainly nothing special!

I love shrimp, too, so I cook it at home often...shrimp is super easy to cook...I consider it a "convenience" food! It thaws fast, cooks fast...what's not to like!!!!

How much time do you spend in the Windjammer? Judging from your past posts I would say almost none.

OP, if you are talking about shrimp cocktail, we have on occasion had it at dinner in the Windjammer. I don't remember which ships and it is not that common. If you are talking about fried or baked shrimp I don't recall that ever appearing.

I don't eat shrimp so I have never noticed if it's served in the WJ at dinner time. My DH and I have skipped the MDR on the last few cruises in favour of the WJ but now I'm going with my son and daughter-in-law who love shrimp so it may have to be the MDR this time.

We have seen shrimp in the WJ at dinner. Usually just shrimp cocktail, not any hot shrimp. You never know what they are going to have in the WJ at dinner, I have seen posts about one ship having a seafood themed night in the WJ, forget which ship it was though.

Depends on the ship. Never have seen shrimp cocktail on any ship and we eat dinner in the WJ often. However, on Indy last month, there was sushi in Jade at dinner and sometimes there were shrimp there. On ships that have an Izumi restaurant, no sushi is served in the WJ at dinner.

How much time do you spend in the Windjammer? Judging from your past posts I would say almost none.

Come on, we know why she's never seen it in there... :D:D:D

...I'm going with my son and daughter-in-law who love shrimp so it may have to be the MDR this time.

OP canuckcruiselover, I'm pretty sure the MDR has a shrimp cocktail on the alternate menu every night. They can have shrimp any evening you decide to go. :)

I also remember seeing black tiger shrimp as an entree in the MDR one day (could have been before they majorly overhauled the menus). I imagine if you ask nicely that night in the windjammer, someone might bring you up a plate.

Like others here, I have found that if you ask nicely, there are all kinds of things you can get that is not on the menu. Maybe we need to put together an RC secret menu...

I also remember seeing black tiger shrimp as an entree in the MDR one day (could have been before they majorly overhauled the menus). I imagine if you ask nicely that night in the windjammer, someone might bring you up a plate.

Like others here, I have found that if you ask nicely, there are all kinds of things you can get that is not on the menu. Maybe we need to put together an RC secret menu...

I think you are giving out the biggest secret of all:

"If you ask nicely there are all kinds of things you can get"......and that goes for places outside the dining room.

Good advice for exchanges with cabin steward and anyone else.

Shrimp - cold - in the dining room at lunch self serve at the salad bar as well as shrimp cocktail at dinner at least on the grandeur. Never looked in the windjammer so don't know except to say ask. My husband loves his salmon at breakfast but they don't put it out until mid cruise but you can get it if you ask in the windjammer.

I don't eat shrimp so I have never noticed if it's served in the WJ at dinner time. My DH and I have skipped the MDR on the last few cruises in favour of the WJ but now I'm going with my son and daughter-in-law who love shrimp so it may have to be the MDR this time.

Canuck,

You can also let your son & DIL know that they can order as many shrimp cocktails as they want. I love shrimp and will caution you however I thought the shrimp was just ok, and the cocktail sauce was horrible. Barely better the ketchup. You could try and ask for some horseraddish sauce on the side and then mix it with the cocktail sauce.

Enjoy your cruise

Craig

Paella with Shrimp, Mussels, Fish, and Chicken is served in the WJ. A Seafood Salad is also on the Salad Bar sometimes.

Yes, the paella that I love on embarkation day....a signal that I am on a cruise. Unfortunately, I cannot remember ever seeing it in the WJ during the rest of the week. In fairness, I am not in the WJ for lunch everyday of a cruise -- but I am there on embarkation day for the paella.