The Coffee Line Just Got Alot Longer!

MTJSR

I did the BVE yesterday on the Golden Princess in San Francisco and found a line change in the International Cafe. Everyone wishing coffee or pastries or both, has to climb in line by the panini press, on the far right of the Cafe. No more going straight to the coffee counter and they were sending line cutters to the end of the line.

So I'm interested in peoples thoughts on this being quicker, better or now harder to navigate the IC?

It was like that on the Caribbean Princess in February...sometimes. Other days we were told to just go right to the coffee counter. Sometimes some of us would be in line by the panini press and others would just go directly to the coffee counter and get served. Oy vey, that's a dangerous thing to do before people get their morning caffeine.

I didn't like it.:(

We just got off the Golden, and we personally only got pastries from the IC. We weren't asked to stand in the coffee line, which did start on the right. We were told to stand to the left in front of the pastries. And there were never many people only getting pastries, so never a need for a line. It worked for us.

Edited by julie3fan

...Everyone wishing coffee or pastries or both, has to climb in line by the panini press, on the far right of the Cafe. No more going straight to the coffee counter and they were sending line cutters to the end of the line...

:eek: I am hoping this only happens when the IC is short of staff, and not on a regular basis. Of course if they served brewed coffee in the HC fleet-wide, this would be less of an issue :rolleyes:.

When we were on the Golden in December we had breakfast and lunch in the International Cafe almost every day. Didn't have too many worries but I must say we felt the overall management of the serving left a little to be desired. The staff were great but we felt that too often it was understaffed. I think properly staffed, separate lines for coffee and pastries etc would probably be the way to go. They really do need to try alternative arrangements.:)

This is how it was on the Golden on our June 1st sailing and it made things faster and more efficient than I have ever seen at the IC. Those wanting only pastries in one line, those wanting coffee (with or without pastry) to the right. It allowed all coffee orders to be taken while the baristas worked from printed tickets. Wait times were very short, even in the morning and the system appeared to work well.

This is how it was on the Golden on our June 1st sailing and it made things faster and more efficient than I have ever seen at the IC. Those wanting only pastries in one line, those wanting coffee (with or without pastry) to the right. It allowed all coffee orders to be taken while the baristas worked from printed tickets. Wait times were very short, even in the morning and the system appeared to work well.

So if you just want coffee you have to wait until all those people in front of you have been served their pastries. :eek:

That would make me very irate, given how slow the food service was on Sun Princess at Christmas. :mad: Luckily on that cruise you could go straight to the coffee section.

I did the BVE yesterday on the Golden Princess in San Francisco and found a line change in the International Cafe. Everyone wishing coffee or pastries or both, has to climb in line by the panini press, on the far right of the Cafe.

On carribbean and on ruby, they were taking coffee orders

in one line. On Ruby, they had two machines, and 2-4

bartenders (depending on how busy it was) -- so the

orders were being handled by both machines.

The line was only for coffee.

Seems like a fair way.

If the line is too long, it is time for princess to raise prices!

It was like that on the Caribbean Princess in February...sometimes. Other days we were told to just go right to the coffee counter. Sometimes some of us would be in line by the panini press and others would just go directly to the coffee counter and get served. Oy vey, that's a dangerous thing to do before people get their morning caffeine.

It wasn't too bad in April on CB, still some kinks to work out and they had a large board with menu on the wall of coffee drinks.

I'll see in August if it's improved any :)

Sent from my iPhone

On carribbean and on ruby, they were taking coffee orders

in one line. On Ruby, they had two machines, and 2-4

bartenders (depending on how busy it was) -- so the

orders were being handled by both machines.

The line was only for coffee.

Seems like a fair way.

If the line is too long, it is time for princess to raise prices!

Bite your tongue!:eek:

I don't do foofoo coffee except when I cruise. I buy the card for that reason. If I have to stand in line, its no different than Starbucks (which I think is overpriced).

I am a stockholder and think prices should be kept reasonable so more is bought $$. Raise the price too much and it won't sell.

As an example, I am personally boycotting a sandwich shop near me because they increased their prices twice in 5 months with new owners each time. I use to buy from their shop 3 times a week and now its none. That's okay, I can bring my lunch to work. :rolleyes:

Considering the main age group that cruises on Princess, they won't take kindly to too much of an upcharge.

The IC and coffee area are well liked. However @ 6 am..its quiet :D

I think i will forget it and drink the regular coffee. Not worth the hassle or cost

I never understood why people would pay extra to drink "specialty" coffee. I know, different strokes for different folks. The Lido coffee is just fine and we bring our own powdered Cappuccino to put in it.

So if you just want coffee you have to wait until all those people in front of you have been served their pastries. :eek:

That would make me very irate, given how slow the food service was on Sun Princess at Christmas. :mad: Luckily on that cruise you could go straight to the coffee section.

No, they order their coffee and then move down the line to get their pastries.

Seriously, the system is smarter because the baristas are only making coffee, not taking orders. Often in the morning, there was a server taking coffee orders, one or two dishing pastries and two or three baristas making coffee. I never waiting longer than a minute or two to order and two minutes for my coffee to be ready.

I never understood why people would pay extra to drink "specialty" coffee. I know, different strokes for different folks. The Lido coffee is just fine and we bring our own powdered Cappuccino to put in it.

You are right abou the different strokes. I don't drink, and I don't always understand why someone would pay so much for a bottle of wine. The truth is it is their nickle- their choice.

I drink a lot of specialy coffee and while I am not a huge fan of waiting in line or inefficiancy, I will wait.

I am on the Royal in a few days. I will report back on the system.

So if you just want coffee you have to wait until all those people in front of you have been served their pastries

I am guessing here that there may have been disagreements between people in the food line, getting to the coffee line, & neither party wished to give way.

I like the idea of organized lines at the IC, but not just ONE line for coffee and pastries/salads.

Or just leave well enough alone, despite my comment above, I have never seen any examples of truly bad or rude behavior in the "waiting area" of the IC.

This doesn't make sense. From the OP's post, it sounded like there's just one line no matter what you're getting so that anyone wanting to get a salad, for instance, would have to wait in line with all the people wanting coffee. This doesn't make a lick of sense. Edited by Pam in CA

Same on the Golden back in April.....:):):)

Bob