List of Ports WITH Global Entry

The Viking

Thought it would be a good idea to have a topic where we list the Cruise Ports WITH Global Entry.

Hopefully this will not be cluttered with GE questions of all kind.

Here is a start from own experience and per CC.

Port Everglades : GE is available in all terminals

DH and I both have Global Entry but I can't see much advantage to it at cruise ports, at least not at this time.

I agree.

Bring your card. You might get lucky in another port but I've not heard of any that have GE aside from Port Everglades.

We disembarked at PE in November and they did not recognize our Global Entry/Trusted Traveler cards. They shook their heads and shrugged their shoulders... no one would/could help us. I hesitate to say it is at all terminals at Port Everglades because there certainly was no such animal on our particular day. :( We arrived at Terminal 18 on RCI's Serenade.

We disembarked at PE in November and they did not recognize our Global Entry/Trusted Traveler cards. They shook their heads and shrugged their shoulders... no one would/could help us. I hesitate to say it is at all terminals at Port Everglades because there certainly was no such animal on our particular day. :( We arrived at Terminal 18 on RCI's Serenade.

We also came through PE on Serenade in December. Our last port was Key West where we went through immigration so they had no GE line in PE nor was it needed.

• 11 months later...

We used it in at terminal 18 in December 2015, March 2016 and January 2017.

There is a separate line (we always use a porter and they take us right there). It is off to the right of the terminal (the same as suites and Pinnacles use).

While there are no customs advantages to this, and they don't have the scanners to read the cards it foes get you front of the line access as you bypass the huge customs line. This alone makes it entirely worthwhile. The other advantage that we have found is that your tine at customs is reduced to here seconds as they just basically take your form and wave you on your way.

Unfortunately, cruise ports are not up to date. This is a valuable asset for anyone arriving in the U.S. - whether it be by ship or plane. IMO, this will change in the future as the U.S. continues to protect our borders.

Although we live in Washington state, arrival at Vancouver airport (British Columbia - not Vancouver, WA) gets us through customs very fast. Passengers that are willing to have their background checked in order to obtain this card, are making the right decision (IMHO)

Becsuse passports are required before GE can be issued, a large percentage of cruise passengers are disinterested - so cruise terminals are way down on the list of sites for global entry arrangements. It isn't like airports which receive international flights - where everyone has passports and are GE eligible. I imagine Port Everglades might have been selected for the investment because of the number of T/A's arriving there.

Becsuse passports are required before GE can be issued, a large percentage of cruise passengers are disinterested - so cruise terminals are way down on the list of sites for global entry arrangements. It isn't like airports which receive international flights - where everyone has passports and are GE eligible. I imagine Port Everglades might have been selected for the investment because of the number of T/A's arriving there.

Excellent point! Once the government (IF the government) finally requires passports for every U.S. citizen that leaves and returns to the this country, perhaps Global Entry will be recognized. This will mean so much less work for border patrol agents and they can focus on cruise passengers that have not had a background check.

I recently read that more iris and fingerprint scanners are being installed in more airports. Hopefully, this will also happen in cruise ports!

Becsuse passports are required before GE can be issued, a large percentage of cruise passengers are disinterested - so cruise terminals are way down on the list of sites for global entry arrangements.

Excellent point - I hadn't thought about it that way because I've had a passport for almost 40 years and never consider traveling without one. But from my reading on CC, it does seem a lot of cruise passengers don't want passports.

I chose to complete the TSA recheck rather than GE. I was surprised, that there is no place to list a Known Traveler Number on my Carnival guest listing, and then surprised to read more about the anti-passport idea.

I think a passport is just a fun idea, the opportunity to go somewhere.

Excellent point! Once the government (IF the government) finally requires passports for every U.S. citizen that leaves and returns to the this country, perhaps Global Entry will be recognized. This will mean so much less work for border patrol agents and they can focus on cruise passengers that have not had a background check.

I recently read that more iris and fingerprint scanners are being installed in more airports. Hopefully, this will also happen in cruise ports!

We just flew back from St. Maarten last week - there were newly-installed scanners being tested at Princess Juliana Airport (yes, the one where all the cruise passengers go to get sand-blasted at Maho) - which were linked to our US passports - I'm not sure when they will be going on line - but they seem as advanced as JFK where we just had passport and fingerprints scanned at the kiosks after landing -- and, once more, there were a number of people without GE trying to use their passports at the kiosks - slowing others down.

We just flew back from St. Maarten last week - there were newly-installed scanners being tested at Princess Juliana Airport (yes, the one where all the cruise passengers go to get sand-blasted at Maho) - which were linked to our US passports - I'm not sure when they will be going on line - but they seem as advanced as JFK where we just had passport and fingerprints scanned at the kiosks after landing -- and, once more, there were a number of people without GE trying to use their passports at the kiosks - slowing others down.

Thanks for the information. I think it will take a while before things work smoothly. We prefer the iris scan to fingerprints -- we've tried both and iris scan is much faster. At Vancouver Airport the scanners are way off to the side so as not to interfere with people in line that do not have Global Entry.