Who's your favourite Royal Caribbean Captain?

There's lots of talk about CD's, but never about captains. So, to everyone who has cruised more than once, who's your favourite RCI captain?

Mine's is Captain Johnny. Hope he's on Harmony early July next year.

Edited by Joe12

Another vote for Captain Marek on the Vision- he was everywhere and the crew was outstanding, but we are hoping to get Captain Johnny on our Harmony sailing this spring, too, haven't had him since his Mariner days...

Any captain who gets me there safely!

Seriously, most of the "favorites" are based on personality and interaction with the passengers. More important though is the ability to make correct decisions in face of potential danger. When that becomes the prime factor, few if any of us, have the information to make a rational decision.

Our very favorite captain was on our Radiance October, 2006 - I don't remember his name (it was Rune something??? perhaps) - He was great, very funny ... I believe that he stopped working for the cruise lines not that long after that time.

Anyone remember his name? Thanks, Jan

Any captain who gets me there safely!

Seriously, most of the "favorites" are based on personality and interaction with the passengers. More important though is the ability to make correct decisions in face of potential danger. When that becomes the prime factor, few if any of us, have the information to make a rational decision.

Not to demean your post at all, but I bet post #7 would be the "Who cares, it doesn't matter" :D

Other than a quick hello in passing, my only memorable interaction with a Captain was Jewel in 2012 and I now forget even his name. It was our first time in Costa Maya and even though we were the first ship in port that day, the Harbormaster told us to dock at the open ocean facing side of the pier. When he did so, the waves were so high the ships gangway was getting flooded. We pulled away and were told it was going to be a sea day, but later in the Welcome back party the captain said he asked to take the inside position on the pier as he had on his last 5 visits. It was reported that this was Disney (Wonder or Magic)'s first visit to the port and they specifically asked for that spot. Our Captain told us, he pointed out the other ship was much bigger and not due till 3pm that day so the Disney Captain would have to grow a pair and take the outer spot. That would have been my first missed port, so glad it wasn't. For that reason Captain What's his name is my favorite.

Edited by BillOh

Our very favorite captain was on our Radiance October, 2006 - I don't remember his name (it was Rune something??? perhaps) - He was great, very funny ... I believe that he stopped working for the cruise lines not that long after that time.

Anyone remember his name? Thanks, Jan

Captain Rune Lokling, he is now Captain on Viking Star.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app