What makes cruising so addicting??

Pier290

I love the total disconnect you can have (if you want). I shut down my cell/laptop and place them in the safe for the duration of the cruise. At work I'm on 24/7 call, so for the cruise I shift to 24/7 attention to my wife and I having fun and relaxing. I've discovered that my work-world does indeed continue without me!

THE OCEAN!!! From the rail of a moving ship there's nothing like the sight of the water moving past and the waves. Especially on open ocean cruises like Transatlantics. You can get service, food and other amenities at a land resort but you just can't get that wide open unconstrained feeling like on a moving ship.

We can't stay away from cruises...we look into all inclusive land resorts only to go back to CRUISING!

WHAT ARE YOUR OPINIONS ?! READY...GO!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

It's a total sum of a lot of things. :) The brief disconnect of trying to decide what or where to eat, when or IF you wanna wake up, do a foreign port walk about or just sit on the ship's balcony in port OR at sea and 'veg'. How many other times (except cruising) can we just sit ,relax and do NOTHING for as long as we want ?Reminds me of that old song, ' Stop the World, I wanna get off '. That's the way I feel when I cruise. when that underway horn sounds, I've just left 'IT' all hehind. :)

Mac

It's nothing new. Mark Twain commented: "There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage."

Separation from the ordinary, exposure to the vastness of the sea, and interacting with others who share your space for a time - are all good for the mind, the soul, or whatever you believe it is that makes you feel that you are you.

It's addicting until you've "been there, done that"...then it will release you....cruising is a great vacation, but so are other ways of vacationing! There is no right or wrong way to have time off from your daily life.

Grew up doing land vacations either with hotel or condo. There was ALWAYS the first day spent re-washing bed linens and dishes (germophobe Mother), then the grocery store and wiping everything down in the condo. Usually it was multiple families and multiple condos so there was the "who is doing breakfast?" and "where are we eating dinner?" and "what time is good for everyone?" The "I don't want steak." and the "I'm tired of seafood" would go on until we were all so HUNGRY it didn't matter. Then "Who want to go to X tomorrow?" or "Who is watching the kids out by the pool?" When we went on a cruise to celebrate my parent's anniversary, we discovered that once we boarded, it was worry free. We knew who was fixing breakfast (the cruise staff). We knew where we were going the next morning (whatever port we stopped at). Everyone got to choose their own excursion and we would have such fun talking about what we all did that day. We LOVE having quiet time and then being able to be with the crowd when we choose. We love visiting the different ports. We love a menu that has a seafood and a steak and CHOICES. We love that there's the ability to send our clothes to be laundered (by someone else).

While I also have had wonderful experiences at all inclusive resorts, we still love our cruises. With few exceptions, we enjoy the ambiance, the food, the entertainment and the ability to see different ports and unpacking once. You can be as busy as you want to be or veg out and relax on a lounge chair all day.

I think it gives me my best bang for my buck. I love laying on deck and not seeing land in any direction! I still love my land vacations, but there is definitely something special (for me at least) about cruising!

There is just something about the entire experience of being on a ship at sea, sailing to places of interest, being pampered to the degree you want to be pampered, being entertained to the degree you want to be entertained and doing as little or as much as you want to do.

bosco

We can't stay away from cruises...we look into all inclusive land resorts only to go back to CRUISING!

WHAT ARE YOUR OPINIONS ?! READY...GO!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Due to medical problems I cannot fly or take a train . I am limited in the amount of time I can be on a bus or in a car .Therefore,cruising is my only option and I try and cruise as much as possible.

I honestly have no idea, but I'm beyond addicted. I went on my first cruise in late Oct of 2015. Since then I've been on 3 more and have 5 more booked currently. At this rate, I should just sign my paychecks over to Carnival, lol!

Seriously though, I just love everything about it. The ocean, the beaches, visiting new counties, not having to cook and clean, meeting new people, the food, etc. But mostly it's that I can truly relax while on a cruise because I don't have to worry about much. You can visit multiple places in a week without having to arrange travel or places to stay. What's more convenient than going to bed and waking up in a new country?! I think it's the best bang for my buck.

And, it could have something to do with the fact that I got married when I was 18, had my son at 20, and was raising my him by myself at 21. Now that I'm remarried and my son is 20 and in college, it's time for me to live life! I never traveled as a kid or when it was just me and my son, so now I am making up for lost time. I want to see the world, and cruising is one of the best ways, if not the best way, to do so in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app