Connie life after "Ocean Liners" - now Qsine (photos)

CruiseImage

That's so sad.

Ocean Liners was the best dining experience we ever had onboard a ship.

Tried Qsine once onboard Silhouette in 2011 and have never been back.

What are they thinking:(

Obviously, they were thinking modern. And they got it right.. it's just that the product isn't for everyone.

According to your signature you have also been on Millennium. I loved "Olympic"... it would be hard to re-create that dining room. A very nice experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting the pics...opened ok in my downloads.

Our last great memory of Ocean Liners was the sea day lunch special..

A fellow guest treated everyone to a beautiful piano concert. It set the right mood and tone for diners and staff . Very classy.

Q sine is a fun time but Ocean Liners represented the great tradition of cruising,....

Sad to see it removed....

That's so sad.

Ocean Liners was the best dining experience we ever had onboard a ship.

Tried Qsine once onboard Silhouette in 2011 and have never been back.

What are they thinking:(

Ditto, Olympic on Millennium was one of our best meals ever:D

The entrance does look modern and, dare I say, "fresh'. That said, I'm sorry OceanLiners has gone. In my experience, Qsine, is best in a group. Little surprised that there seems to be very few or no bigger tables?

Why do they have to have the same things on every ship? Surely pax would enjoy the variety and want to try different ships because of the variance, rather than getting bored with the same offerings on every vessel? Yes, I understand brand image, but you're not selling a new range of clothes/products each season - it's the same few ships, so having something different on each would entice you to try another in the fleet, especially on the regular Caribbean routes. Also understand it's a cost saving exercise too - bulk buying of items if everything offered is identical (throwing that in before it's stated on the next post :evilsmile:).

Personally, I would have preferred them not to alter the colour scheme on Connie to that of Edge as it takes away from the contemporary feel of a new ship. Not saying don't spruce her up, but again, why not be brave and wait until Edge's great reveal before they start putting bits of her on current ships? (Yes, I'm ready for the 'they need to trial it to see how the market reacts' - pity the same didn't happen with the website :rolleyes:.)

We'll miss OL.

Why do they have to have the same things on every ship? Surely pax would enjoy the variety and want to try different ships because of the variance, rather than getting bored with the same offerings on every vessel?

We have often wondered why they don't try to add a little 'individuality' to each ship too. We understand the 'bulk buying aspect' but the Specialities would be great venues to offer differences.

We have also often wondered why they don't make bistro/sushi on five destination specific....

For example, for Caribbean/Mexican cruises it could offer tastes of that region, in Asia it could offer Sushi along with other Asian dishes, in the Western Med it could offer Sangria, Paella and Tapas and in the Eastern Med a mix of Italian and Greek....

Menus would not have to be changed weekly just when they make their seasonal shifts. I am sure many more of us would frequent and it would even give the CEO the chance to come some way towards that promise of local food...

We have often wondered why they don't try to add a little 'individuality' to each ship too. We understand the 'bulk buying aspect' but the Specialities would be great venues to offer differences.

We have also often wondered why they don't make bistro/sushi on five destination specific....

For example, for Caribbean/Mexican cruises it could offer tastes of that region, in Asia it could offer Sushi along with other Asian dishes, in the Western Med it could offer Sangria, Paella and Tapas and in the Eastern Med a mix of Italian and Greek....

Menus would not have to be changed weekly just when they make their seasonal shifts. I am sure many more of us would frequent and it would even give the CEO the chance to come some way towards that promise of local food...

Excellent idea :). We'd be all for that, and glad I'm not the only one that would enrich the individuality of each ship being slightly different in the fleet ;).

With S-class ships offering more options in most areas, and Edge class coming soon -- the M-class ships will never appeal to the young trendy crowd Celebrity is now courting. They would have been better off keeping them "classy" and deploying them for adventuresome itineraries to appeal to the more mature folks [like us!] who have time and money for longer cruises outside the same-old-same-old. But they have moved on, so we must consider doing the same.

With S-class ships offering more options in most areas, and Edge class coming soon -- the M-class ships will never appeal to the young trendy crowd Celebrity is now courting. They would have been better off keeping them "classy" and deploying them for adventuresome itineraries to appeal to the more mature folks [like us!] who have time and money for longer cruises outside the same-old-same-old. But they have moved on, so we must consider doing the same.

I agree.