Favorite Holland America Ship 2017

nimiq

Was on Amsterdam, Maasdam and Noordam in ‘17. The Maasdam and Amsterdam are in critical need of refurbishing. Although the food on Amsterdam was far and away best in HAL’s fleet. Thought the Noordam was great though. So far booked on Veendam & Noordam for ‘18 but the year is young and may find other trips to take!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If I have to limit it to the ships I sailed on in 2017, neither would be first place (Koningsdam and Veendam). The promenade deck (or lack of) on the Koningsdam is the only thing I didn't like, but it's important to me. The Veendam is a little too small for my taste. Probably so far the Eurodam would be my favorite. The right size, has BB King and Tamarind and still has a promenade deck.

The smaller ships have always been dear to us. We were on the 14-day Alaska Amsterdam and loved it. We were on Veendam twice and had great times. Common thing is their library/Exploration's Cafe area. Those nice places were missing on both Eurodam and Zuiderdam.

Jim

I guess the Prinsendam was my favorite ship that I sailed in 2017, since it was the only ship I sailed in 2017! But it was 28 lovely, relaxing days on a ship where I was treated very well. The service was superb, food excellent.

Oh, and for a change I had a porch, so it was extra nice.

I actually think that the Zuiderdam was my favorite but I was amazed at how much I liked the Koningsdam. The Zuiderdam is more intimate but the Koningsdam was so lively. Not sure if it was because it was a Christmas cruise but it was fabulous! We were also on the Volendam but I think that's a little too small for me.

Helen

In 2017 I was on the Zuiderdam, the Oosterdam and the Koningsdam. It's a toss up between the Oosterdam and Koningsdam.

I think I'd pick the K only because we spent 21 days on her and got used to it. Liked that there were 3 show times at the World Stage and so many food venues to choose from.

We only sailed the Rotterdam in 2017. It was a fabulous 30 days. And actually the Rotterdam moved into 2nd place for best ship for me overall. But, we sailed before the dry dock. My favourite ship remains the one we are sailing on this year - Prinsendam so far.