Johnny Rockets now $9.95 cover charge.

The RCI app still shows $9.95.

The person we spoke with at Customer Service stated that they had just been given the increase amount within the last couple of days. She even stated that this was the second increase in a very short time. Maybe explains why it may not be on the app yet. I would go there and eat, but would get upset if the price came back as 11.99.

At $5 it was a pretty good deal (only you had to pay extra for milkshakes). They had dancing waiters and fun music and brought you fries up front and you could eat a pretty good burger (slightly better than other places on the ship).

When it went to $6.95 and they stopped dancing (at least when we were there) and it wasn't fun any more we stopped going. It's not like we're starving for burgers at home and the ones in the Windjammer are not bad if you doctor them up and I like the Windjammer fries better.

At $9.95 each we won't even consider going. That's just crazy.

Tom

We are on the Oasis currently and checked out Johnny Rockets yesterday. The server that met us at the front door told us the price had just been raised to, you might want to sit down, 11.99 per person.

This morning went to Customer Service and the person we spoke to confirmed the price. We didn't eat there so we don't have the receipt "proof" but with the two confirmation it was enough for us. Although we have enjoyed their food before, Oasis and Harmony, we won't be eating there any time soon. We have been by the venue several times since yesterday, departed Port Canaveral, and the majority of the people were eating ice cream or drinking milk shakes though we did see a couple burger eaters.

Well, if you paid a little more you could have wine with your burger on ANY VIKING OCEAN SHIP . THE BURGER WILL BE COOKED YOUR WAY WIITH FRIES, ONION RINGS AND A GLASS OF WINE AS YOUR BEVERAGE and guess what! there’s no additional costs . PLUS THEY ARE THE BEST BURGERS AFLOAT- BAR NONE ! Down with the 10.00 burgers that should be Free !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The corporate mantra seems to be "we'll keep enhancing the cruise experience if it makes our guests take out a second mortgage to cruise with us."

Well perhaps or maybe their valued guests will look at other alternatives .

And there are lots of alternatives , unless you are a loyal royal . And they hope you are .

Well perhaps or maybe their valued guests will look at other alternatives .

And there are lots of alternatives , unless you are a loyal royal . And they hope you are .

Well, I have around 300 C&A points but I can get over it and move on. While I have two RCI cruises this year, I also have a 15 night Princess. I guess things like this JR price roller coaster (it only goes up though) are one way to cull the herd at the nightly Diamond Lounge scrum.

Let's see. First an increase to room service delivery. Then 2 price increases for JRs. What's next? Reinstatement of a fee for Solarium Bistro dinner?

I would not mind that if they would bring back the bison steak!

Let's see. First an increase to room service delivery. Then 2 price increases for JRs. What's next? Reinstatement of a fee for Solarium Bistro dinner?

The quality increase in the room service menu justifies the fee for room service. The increase at Johnny Rockets does not.

Well, if you paid a little more you could have wine with your burger on ANY VIKING OCEAN SHIP . THE BURGER WILL BE COOKED YOUR WAY WIITH FRIES, ONION RINGS AND A GLASS OF WINE AS YOUR BEVERAGE and guess what! there’s no additional costs . PLUS THEY ARE THE BEST BURGERS AFLOAT- BAR NONE ! Down with the 10.00 burgers that should be Free !

A little more? $1,300 all in with an OV balcony this week on Oasis. How much is Viking and that awesome burger?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

This is just another thread that proves people will be up-in-arms over every change in benefits or increase in price, but the fact of the matter is, a lot of people are paying the fees and continuing to book cruises, even as costs go up, otherwise Royal wouldn’t be charging them.

I think $10 is a waste of money for a burger when I can get other food (including burgers) for free, but I also don’t think $10 is a lot of money, and if for some reason I was just really craving Johnny Rockets, or my kid was, or for some random reason someone in my family wanted to eat there, I’m not gonna throw a fit about them spending $10 there. And I think that’s probably a fairly common attitude of people on vacation, which is why RC is able to charge money for stuff that people think should be free.

I don’t pay for the other specialty restaurants either, as it’s just not worth $25 or $40 to me when there’s free food to eat, and I rarely finish my whole meal and don’t eat that much anyway. But if I did, and I liked food and wanted a smaller dining experience than the mass market MDR, well, I’d pay it cause again, it’s $40, big deal.

Same with drink packages. I thought for sure they were gonna be a bust, and that there was no way so many people would pay that much money just to drink alcohol, but, sure enough, tons and tons and tons of people buy that package every day.

The best thing anyone can do to “protest” the increased charges is to STOP paying them. But that isn’t happening, and it probably won’t, because the fact of the matter is, people are on vacation, they have disposable income to spend, and they’re willing to pay “exorbitant” prices for all this stuff, and there’s no shortage of passengers willing to pay it, even if they think it’s outrageous.

I just booked a Royal Caribbean cruise.. I have sailed Carnival, Princess and Norwegian. I just really think it is sad that they charge so much for a burger! On Carnival, Guys burgers are awesome..and included in your cruise price. Bottled water is like $6 for a 12 pack.. Why does RC nickel and dime everything? We are going because our family only cruises Royal Caribbean but Im not sure we will again..unless this cruise blows us away. I do not get the high prices for this stuff....

I just booked a Royal Caribbean cruise.. I have sailed Carnival, Princess and Norwegian. I just really think it is sad that they charge so much for a burger! On Carnival, Guys burgers are awesome..and included in your cruise price. Bottled water is like $6 for a 12 pack.. Why does RC nickel and dime everything? We are going because our family only cruises Royal Caribbean but Im not sure we will again..unless this cruise blows us away. I do not get the high prices for this stuff....

Because the majority of the suckers out there pay it willingly.

Why? Because they can, and a lot of people are paying it. It might be pricing some customers out of the market, but there are plenty of people in the next market who are willing to spend more. Until they run out of large groups who will pay the money, they’ll keep raising the prices. Personally I think it’s a waste of money, but I’m not at all surprised they are charging it, or that people are paying it. Considering how much people pay for the vacation to begin with, is $10-$40 really all that much? No. That’s why people pay it.

This is just another thread that proves people will be up-in-arms over every change in benefits or increase in price, but the fact of the matter is, a lot of people are paying the fees and continuing to book cruises, even as costs go up, otherwise Royal wouldn’t be charging them.

I think $10 is a waste of money for a burger when I can get other food (including burgers) for free, but I also don’t think $10 is a lot of money, and if for some reason I was just really craving Johnny Rockets, or my kid was, or for some random reason someone in my family wanted to eat there, I’m not gonna throw a fit about them spending $10 there. And I think that’s probably a fairly common attitude of people on vacation, which is why RC is able to charge money for stuff that people think should be free.

I don’t pay for the other specialty restaurants either, as it’s just not worth $25 or $40 to me when there’s free food to eat, and I rarely finish my whole meal and don’t eat that much anyway. But if I did, and I liked food and wanted a smaller dining experience than the mass market MDR, well, I’d pay it cause again, it’s $40, big deal.

Same with drink packages. I thought for sure they were gonna be a bust, and that there was no way so many people would pay that much money just to drink alcohol, but, sure enough, tons and tons and tons of people buy that package every day.

The best thing anyone can do to “protest” the increased charges is to STOP paying them. But that isn’t happening, and it probably won’t, because the fact of the matter is, people are on vacation, they have disposable income to spend, and they’re willing to pay “exorbitant” prices for all this stuff, and there’s no shortage of passengers willing to pay it, even if they think it’s outrageous.

Bottom line is,

When you have a captive audience you can Dictate prices of food and drink.

I think you answered your own question.