Johnny Rockets now $9.95 cover charge.

I really don't get the draw to eating on your balcony. Tight quarters, windy, tepid food.

I rarely do it here, why do it on a moving ship.

8d3b36b6fe6dc0305e350caa4875e61e.jpg

Maybe if you took “Comfort Bella” you might more often. You need her to help you cope will the cigarette butts from above.;)

According to RCI, the JR price increase is a test on Oasis only with the usual "we have no plans at this time to roll it out fleetwide" comment. You know, like the test they did last fall for changing the drink package rules that was supposed to last for several weeks and only on one ship, but after one week they declared it a major success and went to the everyone 21 must buy requirement. Source: https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8358&source=99362

According to RCI, the JR price increase is a test on Oasis only with the usual "we have no plans at this time to roll it out fleetwide" comment. You know, like the test they did last fall for changing the drink package rules that was supposed to last for several weeks and only on one ship, but after one week they declared it a major success and went to the everyone 21 must buy requirement. Source: https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8358&source=99362

Why does a cruise line that caters to young families seem to think we all have dementia?

I’m famous!!! [emoji23][emoji23]

This could have been Fake News?? I just happened to watch a periscope that reported this.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

Why does a cruise line that caters to young families seem to think we all have dementia?

I think they are catering to new guests, not guests with any memory what has been said or done in the past.

I've eaten at JR twice in my life. Last year on Oasis when it was, I believe, $6.95 and a couple of months ago in a Seattle mall food court. The Seattle version wound up costing me just shy of $19 for a two patty cheese burger, fries and coke. It may be awhile before I make a 3rd visit, if I ever do.

I've eaten at JR twice in my life. Last year on Oasis when it was, I believe, $6.95 and a couple of months ago in a Seattle mall food court. The Seattle version wound up costing me just shy of $19 for a two patty cheese burger, fries and coke. It may be awhile before I make a 3rd visit, if I ever do.

The ship's price is a bargain compared to a Seattle mall then!! People shouldn't lose sight of the fact that you don't have to go to JR if you don't want to. There are lots of "free" food options.

Personally this doesn’t impact me,because I never went when it was included in the cruise fare, but for those that will still go, what price point would curtail your visits completely?

$7.95 did it for us.

JR has a far more extensive menu, but..... you're absolutely right. Royal definitely leads the pack in nickel and diming.

Carnival will catch up - they just introduced the overnight room service fee that Royal did years ago - but Royal is definitely the trailblazer when it comes to service fees.

While I agree that Royal is ahead of Carnival , when it comes to nickel and diming , NOBODY beats NCL !

We love JR's, especially when the burgers in those pans of water in the WJ are a joke and not sure they're actually meat. :eek: And we enjoy a burger and a shake a couple times a week for lunch. Will this stop us? NO. Will it leave a bad taste in our mouths? YES. When on Carnival we REALLY love Guy's burgers. Those are 10x better than JR's and are FREE(y)

We love JR's, especially when the burgers in those pans of water in the WJ are a joke and not sure they're actually meat. :eek: And we enjoy a burger and a shake a couple times a week for lunch. Will this stop us? NO. Will it leave a bad taste in our mouths? YES. When on Carnival we REALLY love Guy's burgers. Those are 10x better than JR's and are FREE(y)

I'm sure WindJammer Hamburgers are meat, just don't know what animal or which end. About the same as ones I had in public school in the 1960/70's which were soy or some kind of mock meat...

I'm sure WindJammer Hamburgers are meat, just don't know what animal or which end. About the same as ones I had in public school in the 1960/70's which were soy or some kind of mock meat...
All burgers are on board are made in the same butcher shop.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk