Johnny Rockets now $9.95 cover charge.

So Carnival has Guy's burgers as an included venue, and RCI charges 9.95 for Johnny Rockets?

Something doesn't seem right here.

I agree. Plus Carnival has the Blue Iguana. So, on another note, how bad are the Windjammer burgers? Are the only complementary options MDR, Windjammer, and the Promenade Cafe? That's pretty weak IMO.

This is absurd. Why would you want to eat at Johnny Rockets on land or sea and pay for it? If Johnny rockets wanted my business, they should pay ME to eat their “food.”

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Pretty decent lunch, you should try it if you haven't. Or don't.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Yeah. I was expecting to hate Guy's Burger Joint (there's a lot not to like about his restaurant in Vegas and his place in Times Square recently shuttered) but truth be told, the burgers with his name on them on Carnival are really good and have no upcharge.

I liked going to Johnny Rockets on my last cruise, but if it's going to cost $10/person, we'll find someplace else to eat. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat at one on land, and I am not really missing anything at sea.

It's true - those Guy's burgers are awesome and free...so probably gonna skip Johnny Rockets b/c they won't be better, so why pay for something likely to disappoint me (I'll enjoy the free sites, instead:)...and even though I'm not as much of a hot dog fan, I will try a crazy hot dog at the free stand, b/c why not? If I hate it, there's other food to try:)...

I agree. Plus Carnival has the Blue Iguana. So, on another note, how bad are the Windjammer burgers? Are the only complementary options MDR, Windjammer, and the Promenade Cafe? That's pretty weak IMO.

Hardly weak. Carnival has guy's and Blue iguana, but both are essentially extensions of the buffet and part of the lido marketplace. Counter service, grab and go. Johnny Rockets is a sit down restaurant with service and more menu options. Guys is good, better than Wipeout on royal, but it' n comparable to Johnny Rockets.

Guys is good for a buffet burger. But when I was on Glory, they just had a tray of precooked burgers, they fling them on a bun and send you off to a buffet toppings bar. It was a well themed buffet station with better than average buffet burgers. That's all.

As for included options. On a ship like Harmony there is about a dozen different, unique places to get food without up charge. Carnival can't compete with that.

Hmmm my family 60 bucks still is cheaper than going out to eat at a restaurant. Plus scenery is better.

As long a some guest are willing to pay for services on the ship you need to expect RCL to continue to raise prices or the price gets to high. I have had a Johnny Rockets burger not much better than a windjammer burger.

I get a better burger at home for half the price and a much better steak with twice the service than what chops have. That being said people live in cities that don’t have these opportunities.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hardly weak. Carnival has guy's and Blue iguana, but both are essentially extensions of the buffet and part of the lido marketplace. Counter service, grab and go. Johnny Rockets is a sit down restaurant with service and more menu options. Guys is good, better than Wipeout on royal, but it' n comparable to Johnny Rockets.

Guys is good for a buffet burger. But when I was on Glory, they just had a tray of precooked burgers, they fling them on a bun and send you off to a buffet toppings bar. It was a well themed buffet station with better than average buffet burgers. That's all.

As for included options. On a ship like Harmony there is about a dozen different, unique places to get food without up charge. Carnival can't compete with that.

I should've clarified, we're on Adventure and as far as I can tell, it's MDR, WJ, and Cafe for complementary, correct? 3 options is a little light compared to a MDR, Buffet, and complementary Guys and Blue Iguana at least on most Carnival.

Last week we were charged $16.40 for two people. I think it may have the gratuity added in.

That's correct, not that long ago Royal started adding tips to specialty restaurant prices, so basically an instant 18% price increase.

OK. Now that everyone has had their say regarding JRs and the increased fee, have we decided if they still offer complimentary breakfast at the Oasis JR?

As of right now, still complimentary breakfast.

Every time I visit here (the forums) I see some new fee, or an increase in a fee.

It's rather depressing really.

I'll just add my voice that at $10/pp we won't be visiting. Even at $7 we were leaning towards no. Burgers use to be one of those free all day things on cruises. Now it's just the windjammer during lunch on Royal.

So I'm guessing there's no grill or food venue by the pool that does pizza/burgers/hot dogs? (I'll be on the Adventure this year, first time with Royal). My limited cruise experience is mostly with Princess. The ships I have been on with them have had a grill, pizza, and ice cream around the pool area.

So I'm guessing there's no grill or food venue by the pool that does pizza/burgers/hot dogs? (I'll be on the Adventure this year, first time with Royal). My limited cruise experience is mostly with Princess. The ships I have been on with them have had a grill, pizza, and ice cream around the pool area.

No permanent poolside food venue on Adventure.

I think they had an ice cream machine by the pool

I'll be on it in June, but from what I've read there is only ice cream (if the machine is working) and only for limited hours (doesn't bother me as I don't stay up late).

Cafe Promenade, which is the coffee shop, is supposed to have a very limited selection of food which can include pizza and pre-made sandwiches (hope you like mayo) but I don't think there are any grill items (hamburgers, hot dogs, etc). As the name suggests, its on the promenade and not by the pool.

I read it was on the Navigator, but never saw it in the 9 nights we sailed in December. Didn't even think to look for it. The emphasis seemed to be to upsell us from the MDR to the other surcharge restaurants. The card in the middle of our table at MDR for dinner advertising other fee based dining venues and the drive by talk from a head waiter to try to get us to abandon MDR seemed sleezy to me. Raise JR's to $15 a person as far as I am concerned. I gave up NCL years ago because of the emphasis on surcharge dining. Royal's focus seems to be wanting to be match NCL's emphasis on upcharge dining.

Edited by coaster

Johnny Rockets was free when it first came out but you had to pay for shakes.

I looked at some old Cruise Compass's from the Explorer of the Seas in 2002 and the Navigator in 2003 and JR was free.

I thought they instituted the $4.95 charge because it was very crowded and the kids would plant themselves there because it was free, and it was difficult to get in. My, how times have changed.

mac_tlc