Elite Laundry ?

patrickmoran

We recently did our 1st cruise as Elites and made good use of the laundry perk. Notice was given when we boarded that laundry would be returned within 72 hours. In fact, the laundry came back about 60 hours after given to the room steward. The question: Can Elites send laundry out within 2 days of debarkation? What is your experience? Thanks

We recently did our 1st cruise as Elites and made good use of the laundry perk. Notice was given when we boarded that laundry would be returned within 72 hours. In fact, the laundry came back about 60 hours after given to the room steward. The question: Can Elites send laundry out within 2 days of debarkation? What is your experience? Thanks

The speed it returns is a function to some degree of how many elites are onboard. More elites slower laundry. We have gotten things back in two days, but would not push it.

On the Royal’s inaugural TA with over 1200 elite level passengers the time gradually increased to 7 days nearing the end of the cruise. I heard stories about some panicked passengers on the last full day of the cruise who hadn’t had their laundry returned yet.

We allow a minimum of 48 hours to have our laundry returned so we wouldn’t do it within 2 days of disembarkation but that’s merely our comfort level.

2 days? I have done that but was stressed out about getting it back in time to leave the ship. It was on a cruise with not a whole lot of Elites and wasn't an itinerary where a lot of people did pre-cruise stays (which creates a lot of laundry). I think that made a big difference in getting it back in time.

As above, it is completely dependent upon how much laundry is sent. People who are paying for same day or 2 day service get their laundry back in that time frame and a nice charge on their on board account. People who get it as a perk....will get it back as the laundry staff can get to it.

On the cruise I just finished there was a note in the Patter about the last day to send out laundry.

We had 750 (approx.) elites. Ours took no more than 2 days. I think we did 4-5 small loads (lost a bag once so I send out small batches) and about 50/50 on overnight and 2 day turn around.

One of our cabin stewards told us near the end of a cruise that the laundry folk were pushing hard to get everything done by the evening before disembarkation.
And IMO is flogging a good thing, wanting to take clean clothes home, OK to do that if you are travelling on like we will be doing in UK post 3 Princess cruises, but for those who are going straight home post cruise, do your laundry at home, to ease the situation on board.:rolleyes:

Standby for incoming, laundry rage on the way.:evilsmile::halo:

As above' date=' it is completely dependent upon how much laundry is sent. People who are paying for same day or 2 day service get their laundry back in that time frame and a nice charge on their on board account. People who get it as a perk....will get it back as the laundry staff can get to it.[/quote']Is this right? I did not realize the laundry folks knew whether someone was Elite or not since we're charged for it and then get the credit applied later. I thought when the laundry was backed up, it was delayed for everyone except for suite passengers and those choosing the same-day service.

Is this right? I did not realize the laundry folks knew whether someone was Elite or not since we're charged for it and then get the credit applied later. I thought when the laundry was backed up, it was delayed for everyone except for suite passengers and those choosing the same-day service.

I always write 'Elite' on laundry slip.':halo:

You’ll receive notice with the last time you can send out laundry the day before. It’s now usually by 9am three days before disembarkation.

The 72 hour timing has become standard as more and more ships sail with up to 1,000 Elite or more. Consider it a bonus if you get it back earlier than that.

I doubt that many people who are not either elite or in a suite actually send laundry. Just my supposition with no factual basis for the statement. Put it this way, I certainly would not pay what a bag of laundry was charged on my last cruise if I hadn't known that the charge would be credited back to me...particularly when I could do it myself on board for 1/10 the cost and a little effort.

And IMO is flogging a good thing, wanting to take clean clothes home, OK to do that if you are travelling on like we will be doing in UK post 3 Princess cruises, but for those who are going straight home post cruise, do your laundry at home, to ease the situation on board.:rolleyes:

Standby for incoming, laundry rage on the way.:evilsmile::halo:

Yep, that is logical. And the bonus of doing laundry at home is not having those stickers to remove. We do all of our cloths when we get back anyway.

As above' date=' it is completely dependent upon how much laundry is sent. People who are paying for same day or 2 day service get their laundry back in that time frame and a nice charge on their on board account. People who get it as a perk....will get it back as the laundry staff can get to it.[/quote']

I don't believe this to be true either. Elite get their laundry charged to their accounts and then the changes get removed around the next day so I don't think those doing laundry know that it belongs to anyone Elite.

Our cabin attendant was very straightforward about his guests experiences with the laundry and advised that to allow extra days before the cutoff .Shipboard neighbors ignored his advice and received theirs at 7 Pm the last night of the cruise.

Our cabin attendant was very straightforward about his guests experiences with the laundry and advised that to allow extra days before the cutoff .Shipboard neighbors ignored his advice and received theirs at 7 Pm the last night of the cruise.

Ditto--I asked our attendant when was the latest we should send a bag so that it wouldn't be obnoxious to the laundry people and would come back in time to pack. And as you said, he was totally up front with us. Our stuff always came back earlier than he said it would.....ok, all of the two times we sent stuff.

your laundry bag is the same color as your captain circle loyalty level...blue. gold. ruby, platinum...and BLACK !!;p

What a great idea, colour coded paper laundry bags, only on Princess Cruise Line, :p