Celebrity has gone sooo down hill

cccruisin

Not in a Suite, but I'm a Zenith member. Didn't see Jayne in Michael's Club as I was with friends who were not in a Suite, nor Zeniths. I wish the name tags had our screen names so that I could identify people like you who I'd really like to meet. When in MC I was sitting in a big circle with others.

Ah!! I remember that big circle!! We sat with one other couple most nights. Yes the name tags with screen names would have been helpful. Perhaps we'll meet on another trip in the future!! We're on the Silhouette TA next spring along with the Fjords trip after it....:D Perhaps, eventually we will get to Zenith too!! :D

Agreed. When I first started commenting on some of the threads I thought dissenting opinions were allowed (we can all agree to disagree at times, right?). But, I learned that word smithing is VERY important and we have to be very careful not to tromp on any sensitivities at ANY time, which I avoid now at all costs. :halo:

k - LOL, let me know when you feel a vent coming on and I do it with you like Key and Peele...

bon voyage

Avoid celebrity. Not what it once was.

Besides many issues like entertainment one worse than the other.

Tender in Shetland islands 2 hours to get off ship. Get very little time in port because not enough tenders.

Using 2 80 passenger tenders to get almost 3000 off the ship.

Stupid dump awful.

Have tenderd many ports pri

Princess, Cunard and others never such a stupid ridiculous experience.

Any line is better than Celebrity!!!!!

Sounds a bit like my 11 yo niece when she‘s not getting candies.

c - please do not encourage these types of posters to come back. Let it be one post here and done, for the most part.

I do prefer posters who have beefs with X and/or its' services to do a complete review of the sailing and not hit on one or two factors unless there was bodily harm or something similar that took place.

bon voyage

Hi Bo 1953, I seem to notice the frequency of your presence on the boards, often defending the cruise line.

There is nothing wrong about that, but I am just curious. Are you a cruise line employee or representative?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Locals dressed as Vikings greet the passengers as they leave the tender area at the port. Very nice!

Saab4444, check that again -- there were Norse settlers there back in the 9th Century. They celebrate their Viking heritage in a special festival each year.

Appreciate the validation! Also, thanks to Denny01 for his detailed defense!

Hi Bo 1953, I seem to notice the frequency of your presence on the boards, often defending the cruise line.

There is nothing wrong about that, but I am just curious. Are you a cruise line employee or representative?

Neither, and I Am not on one of their payrolls. Know any who are hiring? In a heartbeat! LOL Thank you for the compliment though.

I read, digest and respond based on what I perceive as being applicable to the experience and expectation.

If I believe the expectations are out of line for the experience, I will speak up and say so, if the experience is out of line for the minimum expectations, I will speak up and say so, regardless of what anyone else may believe at the time.

Yes, there a few posts where I have come back to CC (and other forums), after a lashing, and apologized for what I thought and wrote at the time.

I trust that I Am defending reasonableness, rather than any cruise line in particular. It just so happens that my current line of choice has been X, thus my presence on this board often.

No malice aforethought or afterthought concerning any post or poster.... hopefully reasoned and somewhat thought out or about? :evilsmile:

My spouse (and others) might differ with my reasoning at any given time... I tell them to go have another drink and then come back to discuss further... :p Sometimes I convince, sometimes it is not convincing at all... but I go for it regardless. As many posters that appear around here is just about as many ideas and thoughts that will abound regardless.

I may not like some of them, yet I do respect the right to post and the right to respond accordingly.

Thank you and bon voyage

Does anyone else think the OP's post was a wind up? - interesting that they haven't come back on here to clarify their position

We've only done one cruise and it was on Solstice in March / April.

We had 3 tender ports and the tender process was great..... apparently the captain said if he can get 2800 people off the ship in under 3 hours then that's a good thing.

We thought the entertainment was fantastic - along with the food / service and that's why we've booked another cruise

I don't want to book a cruise on another cruise liner in case we are disappointed they don't meet the great experience we had on Solstice.

Does anyone else think the OP's post was a wind up? - interesting that they haven't come back on here to clarify their position

We've only done one cruise and it was on Solstice in March / April.

We had 3 tender ports and the tender process was great..... apparently the captain said if he can get 2800 people off the ship in under 3 hours then that's a good thing.

We thought the entertainment was fantastic - along with the food / service and that's why we've booked another cruise

I don't want to book a cruise on another cruise liner in case we are disappointed they don't meet the great experience we had on Solstice.

Presently, you have nothing else to compare your cruise to as you’ve only experienced it once. You had a great time and so decided to book further cruises. You may find in several years time that X doesn’t meet your needs any longer. We all change and evolve just like the cruise lines do, but if the changes no longer fit your needs (for whatever reason) then that doesn’t mean it’s wrong as it may be perfectly great to those pax who still enjoy or, like yourselves, have nothing else to compare it to ;). But some pax do get to a saturation point where all the constant changes result in them saying ‘enough is enough’ (and vent here on CC).

In our opinion, the biggest problem with X currently is the inconsistencies between cruises on different ships sailing in different regions, and if you’ve only taken one cruise on one ship on one line, again, you wouldn’t see or experience those differences ;).

I’ll be honest, I personally take more notice of those posts that actually state both sides of their cruise experience. Not the cheerleaders that state X can do no wrong and jump to their defence anytime anyone even suggests that there was a problem, but those pax that tell it how it is - both the good and bad points. Yes, I’m waiting now for the ‘nothing is every wrong with our sailing as we make the best of it’ posts :rolleyes: - great, but not very helpful to those actually wanting facts ;). A negative to one person can be a positive to the next. On the other hand, neither is this OP’s post very enlightening either - not enough information or detail to know, apart from tender issues, what else was positive/negative on this particular sailing. Some sailings can be ‘off’ and I won’t go into detail about that one again :D.

It always amazes me how many people get in a tizzy about things that tend to not be to their liking due to not researching or reading up on cruise lines etc. Constructive criticism goes a long way, but just constant complaining is ridiculous. I try to look at situations honestly and evaluate if possibly It was the fault of the cruise line or did I contribute to the negative situation. So many jump to conclusions before really looking at the big picture. Your experience is your own, but just pedaling garbage and not looking at your own planning and knowledge of information is not something I care to read on Cruise Critic. Apparently this is a new trend on these boards...I like the facts and enjoy reading reviews that are tempered. However, so many petty and totally unexplained complaints need to be either fully explained or kept off these boards. Life is way too short for those who can not be factual...it just wastes everyone’s time. Truthfully, I care about my experiences first and foremost. I now read reviews with a grain of salt. Life is difficult enough without people adding to it...

These words are my own. I do not care whether you free or disagree with me...be fair to others! Your experience is your experience, period!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Neither, and I Am not on one of their payrolls. Know any who are hiring? In a heartbeat! LOL Thank you for the compliment though.

I read, digest and respond based on what I perceive as being applicable to the experience and expectation.

If I believe the expectations are out of line for the experience, I will speak up and say so, if the experience is out of line for the minimum expectations, I will speak up and say so, regardless of what anyone else may believe at the time.

Yes, there a few posts where I have come back to CC (and other forums), after a lashing, and apologized for what I thought and wrote at the time.

I trust that I Am defending reasonableness, rather than any cruise line in particular. It just so happens that my current line of choice has been X, thus my presence on this board often.

No malice aforethought or afterthought concerning any post or poster.... hopefully reasoned and somewhat thought out or about? :evilsmile:

My spouse (and others) might differ with my reasoning at any given time... I tell them to go have another drink and then come back to discuss further... :p Sometimes I convince, sometimes it is not convincing at all... but I go for it regardless. As many posters that appear around here is just about as many ideas and thoughts that will abound regardless.

I may not like some of them, yet I do respect the right to post and the right to respond accordingly.

Thank you and bon voyage

Thank you Bo! I really appreciate your feed back and moderated interventions on these boards! Keep up the good work!

I’m very sorry to hear the Celebrity is shutting down operations. The OP has made it clear that there is no point in continuing to sail. R.I.P.

Hahahaha !! Bugger!! We are cruising with them in Sep . Hope we get a refund

Avoid celebrity. Not what it once was.

Besides many issues like entertainment one worse than the other.

Tender in Shetland islands 2 hours to get off ship. Get very little time in port because not enough tenders.

Using 2 80 passenger tenders to get almost 3000 off the ship.

Stupid dump awful.

Have tenderd many ports pri

Princess, Cunard and others never such a stupid ridiculous experience.

Any line is better than Celebrity!!!!!

Why do you still have Celebrity listed as your favorite cruise line??????? I guess you forgot to change it????

Thank you and bon voyage

Well said - I have a similar viewpoint - sometimes screw up and come back and say so.

Lerwick is Scotland, no Vikings around there.

Except that the Shetland Islands were ruled by the Norse for almost 500 years & have an festival to celebrate their long Viking history ;)

(edited to add: didn't realize lots of posters had already posted this, sorry)

Edited by cruise kitty
didn't realize lot of other posters had already pointed this out

We had the pleasure of visiting Lerwick twice, once on HAL and once on Crystal. On our HAL cruise, we had a very big issue with immigration upon arrival. The immigration agents insisted on personally boarding and checking all passports. All passengers were around two hours late getting off the ship. We had a wonderful day, but the initial debarkation was quite chaotic and frustrating. We always had fog which complicated the tendering process.

One Crystal things were easier and more organized. We had slots to have our passports checked and it was much faster. The tendering was easier as well and we had clearer weather.

However, both visits were magnificent and I long to visit again. Some of the best Iron Age archeological sites are located on the Shetlands.a21c03997651df3b01f156b11321890d.jpg here is my family dressed like Vikings at one of the Brochs.

Have you tried Bahamas Paradise Cruise line yet?

There are a few 'nice' thoughts about BPC here, definitely sounds like party boats, in general?

I really think I will stick with X for now... unless with friends who want to try it out and want to treat me in a suite at minimum!

:p

bon voyage

There are a few 'nice' thoughts about BPC here, definitely sounds like party boats, in general?

I really think I will stick with X for now... unless with friends who want to try it out and want to treat me in a suite at minimum!

:p

bon voyage

Ha, I've never sailed BPC, but I've watched footage of their old Bahamas Celebration ship, and lovely accommodations:

We're mostly sticking with X ourselves, with the occasional cheat on RCCL, HAL and Avalon, maybe Windstar if the price is right.

On the same TA a completely agree with your comments about entertainment. It was the best I've seen in quite a few years. Jayne Curry was at the top of her game! Was also on the Ireland/Iceland cruise and the tendering was no better or worse than other cruises that were required to use the ship's tenders. I did notice that portion size on dinners was reduced, but one could always ask for more.

On the same TA on the Eclipse as well. I enjoyed everything about my cruise, including the activities, entertainment, food both at the buffet and MDR, also did Room service for breakfast for 8 of the 15 days, ports including the one we had to tender to, other passengers, and the gorgeous weather in the Azores and Ireland. My only complaint is when in Dublin, there was only on embarkation ramp set up, which was slow, but I don't think Dublin was ready for us. It wasn't Celebrity's fault. I heard taxis were an issue on disembarkation day, but I took their shuttle and was totally pleased with the smooth process.

A typical hit and run, never responds after original post

Not sure what you want him to do. People have bad experiences on vacations. Sometimes things just don't click and then they conclude that the entire cruise line goes downhill. For me, I'm not crazy about the new Royal Class of ships on Princess (crowded elevators, tiny balconies, food) and mixed up our cruise line choices a bit. We tried a Celebrity ship for the first time and took the Constellation on that Adriatic itinerary. We actually had no expectations going in and then loved the ship and were blown away by an itinerary that is so underrated. In any case, we booked another M Class ship for this summer and an Azamara for next year. I won't say that we won't go on Princess again or even think it went downhill. We just needed a change.

More importantly, I'm not what I once was.

Charles, we really need an ROTFLMAO button (or emoji)! You made me spray coffee all over my keyboard, this morning!:evilsmile:

Hoping that the OP will contact X Corporate, upon returning home. If this one experience was a 'deal-breaker', they need to know about it.