New Drinks Menu

Riocca

I do like a Cosmo so will try to order one this evening. It’s white night tonight with a 2am departure from Ibiza.

You’re a star! Thanks for that, enjoy White Night and the rest of your cruise.

Apparently Azamara's new strategy is to frustrate everyone so much during the pre-cruise experience that by the time you board you are so exhausted that you actually need the cruise to recover. Between this thread, all the comments on the supposed "sales" and continuous pricing games, and the "workarounds" for Land Discoveries and onboard credits, this is a stressful experience and I keep wondering: "I am actually PAYING for this?" I am really anxious to experience Pursuit on the maiden voyage, so anxious that I am willing to put up with all of this debacle, but it better be a darn good experience onboard or like many others, we'll be sailing off into the sunset on other lines.

I have this afternoon received a further response from Richard Twynam. He reports that the brand will be posting a formal response today. He reiterates their commitment to providing the very best experience. I made a comment about Newcastle Brown Ale, as I thought it a strange choice, but again he reiterated that this is a transition, while they source new beers.

I, like all of you look forward to the formal response, let’s hope sanity is restored. I have appreciated that he took the time to reply and quickly.

It’s been a gorgeous day here in Ibiza today. Last day tomorrrow in Palma and I still have many cocktails to get through.

I am so enjoying your research on behalf of us all.

Palma is one of my very favourite spots. Hope you have the credit card with you. Think Mrs HYC will enjoy the shopping.

Have a great White Night. One more question if you don't mind. Has CD Russ returned from leave or is Ernest taking care of you?

I agree that Richard is very responsive and helpful. I recall a time when I emailed him with a problem at 7pm on a Bank Holiday. He emailed back within 20 minutes, saying he would look into it. I trust him.

That’s good to know, I do appreciate that, in this he has to follow the party line, but he replied to my first email within 20 mins. I think Azamara need a few more Richards!

Scotch drinkers will be very disappointed at the only comp scotch is Cutty Sark....As some earlier mentioned, its a sad day when the MSC beverage list is better than Azamara.

It's only ever been Cutty Sark and has been commented on many times here. Luckily I'm not a whisky drinker! To put things in perspective, Azamara are never going to be gunning for MSC, NCL etc, whatever they offer on the drinks front. There is way more to the Azamara small ship experience than they can ever offer. Different market and no better or worse for it. We have lots of choices out there. The main thing I'm looking for is transparency. Hopefully, in view of all the commentary here we will get it.

Phil

Apparently Azamara's new strategy is to frustrate everyone so much during the pre-cruise experience that by the time you board you are so exhausted that you actually need the cruise to recover. Between this thread, all the comments on the supposed "sales" and continuous pricing games, and the "workarounds" for Land Discoveries and onboard credits, this is a stressful experience and I keep wondering: "I am actually PAYING for this?" I am really anxious to experience Pursuit on the maiden voyage, so anxious that I am willing to put up with all of this debacle, but it better be a darn good experience onboard or like many others, we'll be sailing off into the sunset on other lines.

This is how I feel :( and not what I expected from what I thought was going to be a quality line.

Just had an e-mail exchange with a friend of mine who is a sales executive with the company. She said she checked with the director of “on board experience “ who said there haven’t been any changes to the beverage packages in the last two years and they have no plans to do so. Does no one communicate with each other in that organization?

That sounds promising! Don’t wish to turn you into an alcoholic, :D but could you try for a Cosmopolitan. :p

In the interests of investigation I had two Cosmos in the Living Room pre dinner. No problem in ordering as a complimentary drink although the barman did mutter something about that they would not be made with a premium spirit. Post dinner I had a Kamikaze and a Grasshopper. My wife thinks that I am nuts !!

I am so enjoying your research on behalf of us all.

Palma is one of my very favourite spots. Hope you have the credit card with you. Think Mrs HYC will enjoy the shopping.

Have a great White Night. One more question if you don't mind. Has CD Russ returned from leave or is Ernest taking care of you?

Hi Spursgirl. My credit card will be firmly in my pocket tomorrow. You do know what they say about Yorkshire men don’t you ? In the meantime it’s Ernest on board at the moment. We went to see his show at 8.15 last night but it was cancelled as hardly anyone turned up. Entertainment is not an Azamara strong point.

I have this afternoon received a further response from Richard Twynam. He reports that the brand will be posting a formal response today. He reiterates their commitment to providing the very best experience. I made a comment about Newcastle Brown Ale, as I thought it a strange choice, but again he reiterated that this is a transition, while they source new beers.

I, like all of you look forward to the formal response, let’s hope sanity is restored. I have appreciated that he took the time to reply and quickly.

I have only seen one person drinking a pint of Newcastle Brown over last few days. Not surprising really as it’s not exactly the beer of choice in the U.K. never mind on a cruise ship. I guess the crew bar will have to get rid of it !

In the interests of investigation I had two Cosmos in the Living Room pre dinner. No problem in ordering as a complimentary drink although the barman did mutter something about that they would not be made with a premium spirit. Post dinner I had a Kamikaze and a Grasshopper. My wife thinks that I am nuts !!

Well done today HYC. Much appreciated. You are a trooper checking out that the cocktail list is in fact intact....

.. ;p:D

One can only admire the sacrifices you have gone to, to aid your fellow Azamara cruisers. I feel we should nominate you for some sort of award, selflessness such as yours should be recognised!

I am so impressed that you had not one, but two, just to make certain! 😋

A Kamikaze and a Grasshopper as well, your devotion to duty knows no bounds! What in God’s name are they?

I feel duty bound to follow your example, and promise to do my duty to aid the cause! Enjoy!!!

I feel guilty that someone from Halifax might be getting a sore head looking after us all :)

Like I said, above and beyond the call of duty, the fact that he’s a hero, :halo: will, I am sure lessen the sore head tomorrow! If not a couple of Kamikaze’s May help! :D

I have only seen one person drinking a pint of Newcastle Brown over last few days. Not surprising really as it’s not exactly the beer of choice in the U.K. never mind on a cruise ship. I guess the crew bar will have to get rid of it !

Azamara are really tied in with Heineken.

Heineken own Newcastle Brown, they also produce the dreaded and disgusting Royal Club Tonic, maybe this is a trade off, discontinue Royal Club bring on Newcastle Brown.

It's great to see a dark beer being made available, it's just not one I like.

Edited by Dylandude
word left out

It's only ever been Cutty Sark and has been commented on many times here. Luckily I'm not a whisky drinker! To put things in perspective, Azamara are never going to be gunning for MSC, NCL etc, whatever they offer on the drinks front. There is way more to the Azamara small ship experience than they can ever offer. Different market and no better or worse for it. We have lots of choices out there. The main thing I'm looking for is transparency. Hopefully, in view of all the commentary here we will get it.

Phil

You are correct as usual!

Perspective does matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Now that the honourable gentleman from Halifax is in training ....I'm wondering if he could be promoted to the Premiership and try for a Long Island Iced Tea? 😄

Yes Halifax....always giving you extra....as we....get a little extra help from Halifax :)

We apologize for any confusion that occurred onboard and online regarding our beverage packages and complimentary cocktails. We have not removed any complimentary cocktails and mixed drinks from the bar menu, it has always been a suggested list of cocktails that can be made by our bar staff, and we are always happy to make any cocktail that can be made with the inclusive spirits.

The changes we have made were to add new premium brands to our Premium and Ultimate beverage package and provide a draft beer option globally versus only in Europe.

Some of the changes that were made include:

• Adding Newcastle as our complimentary draft beer, which will now be available while traveling to any region of the world. Previously, Beck’s draft beer was only available in Europe due to purchasing restrictions.
  • Adding new and more premium brands such as Tito’s vodka and Plymouth gin to the list of brands offered as part of the Premium and Ultimate Beverage Packages. Attached please find the full updated list for our Premium and Ultimate package drinks.
  • Expanding our cocktail menu to provide guests with more premium options made with fresh ingredients.
  • Designing a new menu that now clearly indicates if an item is included as part of a beverage package.

Additionally, we have never listed non-alcoholic mixers, but please be assured that mixed drinks are still included within our complimentary drinks as long as they are made with the inclusive spirits.

We have recommunicated with our bar staff on both ships regarding these changes. If you have any further questions while onboard please visit Guest Relations.

Ultimate Beverage Package.pdf

Premium Package.pdf