Longest gap between cruises?

Z'Loth

We went about 6 years between our first and second cruise. Our first was on the wrong cruise line for us. So we did not get hooked on cruising. Loved the second and keep coming back to it. We have a 48 day b2b2b starting this Thursday

My first was Carnival Celebration in 94. I was hooked. My second was The Norway 96, my first solo cruise. Then i didn’t sail again until 2013 on The Grandeur 17 years later. Now I try to sail at least once a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took our first cruise for our honeymoon 2001. Then took our next one for our "seven year itch" . Went down hill from there cruising 2 cruises a year for a while. Now just down to one. It's very addicting.

First real cruise: NCL Epic June 2011

2: RCCL Serenade OTS January 2012

3: RCCL Allure OTS August 2013

4 & 5: RCCL Legend OTS Jan - Feb 2015 (B2B - 21nts)

6: RCCL Majesty OTS Jan/Feb 2016 & 7: Celebrity Equinox Feb 2016 ("B2B")

8: RCCL Navigator OTS Feb 2017 & 9: RCCL Freedom OTS Feb 2017 ("B2B")

10: MSC Meraviglia April 2018

11: MSC Seaview September 2018

12: RCCL Harmony OTS January 2019

So 1 year and 7 months between Serenade and Allure.

What has been the longest gap you had between cruises? For me...

For me' date=' it was the departure from Carnival Spirit on January 12, 2005 until I boarded the Celebrity Infinity on August 27, 2017. That would make it ~4,610 days, or in more understandable terms, 12 years, 7 months, and ~15 days.

1973 our first cruise to 1994 our second cruise (21years)

My first cruise was in 2001, Celebrity TA. Second was in 2009, Carnival Fantasy. So 8 years there. My next cruise is Dec. of this year, 9 years now. And then the gap won’t be as far spread out. As I have another one in Feb of 2019, 2 months later. Yes I found 2 great cruises for a solo traveler WITH no supplement. Just a window view room though. I booked them both the same day.

We were due to go on b2b cruises on different ships, after a gap of a year. Unfortunately OH had an accident and was in plaster, so we had to cancel, and we waited another year. So, 2 years without.

Our longest time between mainstream cruises was about 4 years--between our third cruise and fourth, 1993-1997. We did have a schooner cruise off the coast of Maine in between in 1995. We've taken at least one each year since 1999. My goal is to sail around 30 days a year in retirement while we are able. We made it to 32 days in my first year. We sailed 7 so far this year and have a 15-day cruise booked for September.

First Cruise - 1990 - Carnival Fantasy

2nd Cruise - 2001 - Celebrity Century: 10 1/2 Years

3rd Cruise - 2006 - NCL Wind (Honeymoon & Johnny's First): 5 Years

4th -15th Cruise - 2007 - 2018 - 12 cruises in 11 1/2 Years

First cruise Feb 2004

Second. December 2005

Third. August 2015

Fourth March 2017

Fifth March 2018

Currently have 7 booked from September 2018-June 2019 and DW is currently looking to squeeze in another in March. As an incentive to help her quit smoking in 2017 I pointed out the cost of cigarettes in terms of "cruise dollars" so I think she exchanged one addiction for another.

First cruise Feb 2004

Second. December 2005

Third. August 2015

Fourth March 2017

Fifth March 2018

Currently have 7 booked from September 2018-June 2019 and DW is currently looking to squeeze in another in March. As an incentive to help her quit smoking in 2017 I pointed out the cost of cigarettes in terms of "cruise dollars" so I think she exchanged one addiction for another.

Hopefully the new addiction is healthier than the original :halo:

Hopefully the new addiction is healthier than the original :halo:

Physically yes

Financially not so much.

But I am happy with the physical health. I get find ways to get more money; don't know a way to more health. :)