Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

18 minutes ago, clo said:

As a newbie to SS what is this thread about please??? 🙂

Anything and everything, except Silversea. We just hang out at the water cooler and talk.

Food pictures, jokes, non-SS trips (anyone remember the good old days when we could travel?), anything goes.

No topic is off-topic here. Welcome!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Anything and everything, except Silversea. We just hang out at the water cooler and talk.

Food pictures, jokes, non-SS trips (anyone remember the good old days when we could travel?), anything goes.

No topic is off-topic here. Welcome!

I love it! Thanks.

A recent dinner.

20200711_200217 - Edited.jpg

• Like 3

Well, it is about 215 pages long......

I think the reference to "Water Cooler" sort of sums it up - whatever's on someone's mind (maybe tangentially related to Silver Seas), standing around the water cooler on break, talking about anything but work.  Since nobody is cruising, the inmates are sort of winging it, and amusing themselves and each other with random conversation with limited reference to the future of cruising.  If you figure out what this is about, please let us know!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

Well, it is about 215 pages long......I think the reference to "Water Cooler" sort of sums it up - whatever's on someone's mind (maybe tangentially related to Silver Seas), standing around the water cooler on break, talking about anything but work.  Since nobody is cruising, the inmates are sort of winging it, and amusing themselves and each other with random conversation with limited reference to the future of cruising.  If you figure out what this is about, please let us know!  

It's actually much, much more than this Cooler being 215 pages.  This is PART FIVE!!!!  Many thousands of posts previously.  So much with many interesting postings, comments, sharing, visuals, etc. Yes, since we are not cruising and traveling, there are serious challenges in keeping sane and safe.  But, we are working hard to keep looking ahead.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

1729447543_ScreenShot2020-07-21at8_17_56AM.thumb.png.f6da25e311325d2df2ddf3e2e6ee40ac.png

2130560445_ScreenShot2020-07-21at8_17_41AM.thumb.png.ff0737ae9c17af6434d39ac8370d91b4.png

5 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Some frogs on my plate. A café near the Opéra Garnier. Paris, December 2016.

20161222_152321.thumb.jpg.ae1a8208fe392bd6b2451af07eafb272.jpg

Not sure again if I'm in the right box??? Can't believe jpalbny what you have just posted!!!

Not the frogs legs but my husband and I are supposed to be in hotel in the opera Garnier Paris for a concert  in march which was unfortunately cancelled ...

Never fear, Lvshack, you were in the right box all along.    I don't know about you, but I am finding, after four months at home without venturing out at all  ( we are ancient, and having all food etc.delivered from Waitrose) I am going completely barmy, and having the first Campari and tonic at about 5.15.  

The good thing is that the Silversea watercoolers are a very tolerant bunch.  I have just been reading some stuff on the  Regent boards , and can they be argumentative?  I suspect that most of us here on all forums are getting a bit stir-crazy , and just hoping that one of these vaccines works, and improves lives for the whole world asap.  Let's face it, it is something even those of us who lived through  the second World War have not had to encounter before, and  consequently understandably very scary.

P.S.  I really do not like cuisses de grenouille,but do love escargots!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Never fear, Lvshack, you were in the right box all along.    I don't know about you, but I am finding, after four months at home without venturing out at all  ( we are ancient, and having all food etc.delivered from Waitrose) I am going completely barmy, and having the first Campari and tonic at about 5.15.  

The good thing is that the Silversea watercoolers are a very tolerant bunch.  I have just been reading some stuff on the  Regent boards , and can they be argumentative?  I suspect that most of us here on all forums are getting a bit stir-crazy , and just hoping that one of these vaccines works, and improves lives for the whole world asap.  Let's face it, it is something even those of us who lived through  the second World War have not had to encounter before, and  consequently understandably very scary.

P.S.  I really do not like cuisses de grenouille,but do love escargots!

So lovely to hear from you Lola!  And you are once again spot on!  This need to be careful is starting to fray nerves and strain tolerances.  Luckily the denizens of the Cooler have saner minds and left off steam and stress with humour and good-natured fun.

• Like 1

Hi friends, JP, I am making a Spaghetti Squash Casserole tonight. No pictures but will let you know how it turns

out.  The squash is baking right now....I will take it out, scoop out the center and then add my other ingredients 

and put it back in the oven in a casserole dish.  Healthy and hopefully delicious too.😀.. I am putting mushrooms,

tomatoes, artichoke pesto and cheese, along with garlic and some other spices in it.......I found a bunch of recipes 

on line and took a bit from a few of them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi friends, JP, I am making a Spaghetti Squash Casserole tonight. No pictures but will let you know how it turns

out.  The squash is baking right now....I will take it out, scoop out the center and then add my other ingredients 

and put it back in the oven in a casserole dish.  Healthy and hopefully delicious too.😀.. I am putting mushrooms,

tomatoes, artichoke pesto and cheese, along with garlic and some other spices in it.......I found a bunch of recipes 

on line and took a bit from a few of them. 

I WANT PIX!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1