Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

4 hours ago, mysty said:

Have a great safe day all!

I've read that one sign of COVID is a sink full of dirty dishes!

And, yes, I've had many times my kitchen looked like that and it WAS totally worth it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Terry, have fun with your grandsons.........hoping everyone will be safe!

Agree, all of us are striving to be safe.  As they say, "A Good Time Is Being Had by All" fits today despite some rain passing through.  Grandsons are busy and active, while their dad (our son) does work remote downstairs in my study.  Below are some flower visuals from here at home to brighten our days.  Happy to share at the Cooler.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

The first three visuals below are flowers, etc., that I planted on our brick patio with lots of stone trim.  My wife does a great job in watering and keep them looking nice.  The fourth picture is of one pot at the front.  Need the flower to spike up the summer as we deal with the heath, Covid-19 restrictions, etc.  At this point last summer, we were super enjoying western Canada on the way to Vancouver to enjoy sailing on the Silver Muse up to Alaska.  What a difference a year makes??!! :

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these visuals larger/better!)

IMG_5258.thumb.jpeg.99c4a2407f5df96da68d408b729d3d22.jpeg

IMG_5262.thumb.jpeg.5def554bfe51817175170933d63be149.jpeg

IMG_5265.thumb.jpeg.ff8e20105cef004761f452ee6b01338f.jpeg

IMG_5266.thumb.jpeg.d924d5225763876ef8132bf61b6829a4.jpeg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, silkismom said:

petunias got shredded by the hail

My garden got all but destroyed by a barnburner of a storm that came through  in the middle of the night the night before last.  Out of respect for the dead beans, flowers & herbs, no photos will be posted.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Lovely pics Chas but I despise buddleia with a vengeance. We are constantly having to weed our roof of the stuff despite being 15m high. We constantly have “trees” growing up there.  

yes it does spred abit.

Grilled pork chops with fried sage salsa verde. Fried whole sage leaves, crumbled into a salsa verde of parsley, thyme, capers, onions, olive oil, vinegar. A side of couscous. 

20200723_180622.thumb.jpg.259629b785ae436969b6883f1d2e272c.jpg

Sinkful of dirty dishes not shown! Because the chops were grilled, and couscous can be made with zero mess.

Step 1. Measure dry couscous. 

Step 2. Put 1.5 times as much water in a pyrex cup.

Step 3. Add chicken broth powder to taste.

Step 4. Nuke broth until it boils.

Step 5. Add dry couscous. 

Step 6. Nuke until it starts to boil again (seconds)

Step 7. Take it out and let it stand while you cook the rest of dinner.

Step 8. Fluff with a fork and serve. Put Pyrex cup in dishwasher.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Grilled pork chops with fried sage salsa verde. Fried whole sage leaves, crumbled into a salsa verde of parsley, thyme, capers, onions, olive oil, vinegar. A side of couscous. 

20200723_180622.thumb.jpg.259629b785ae436969b6883f1d2e272c.jpg

Sinkful of dirty dishes not shown! Because the chops were grilled, and couscous can be made with zero mess.

Step 1. Measure dry couscous. 

Step 2. Put 1.5 times as much water in a pyrex cup.

Step 3. Add chicken broth powder to taste.

Step 4. Nuke broth until it boils.

Step 5. Add dry couscous. 

Step 6. Nuke until it starts to boil again (seconds)

Step 7. Take it out and let it stand while you cook the rest of dinner.

Step 8. Fluff with a fork and serve. Put Pyrex cup in dishwasher.

This looks delicious!  I love pork chops!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lois R said:

This looks delicious!  I love pork chops!

It was really simple to make (we have done this recipe before). The salsa verde calls for a shallot but we didn't have one this time, so the onion stood in. The pork chops don't need any marinating time at all; just brush with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, then grill.

18 minutes ago, mysty said:

Awesome JP!  Myster cooks and I clean up so this meal gets an A+ from the scullery staff!  😄

LOL. Chris tries to follow me around and clean up my messes while I'm cooking. Though sometimes I make her cook the side dishes and I clean up after myself. We are a good team, like you two are. 

• Like 1

A deconstructed "cheese burger." We grind pork shoulder and make and freeze 4oz patties. We've been loving Trader Joe's everything ciabatta rolls. So tonight Bob grilled the burgers Vidalia onion, red bell pepper, shishito peppers. And then some avocado. Insanely good. Oh and 'tater tots." 🙂

20200723_195602 - Edited.jpg

• Like 2

Dinner looks delish, clo.

We have been inside TJs exactly once since the pandemic started. They have been limiting the number of people inside at any one time, so there is always a huge line to get in during non-work hours. Once we drove by and the line was only about 10 people long so we jumped on and waited. Most days the line stretches around two sides of the building, so we don't bother. We have been going to Aldi instead.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Dinner looks delish, clo.

We have been inside TJs exactly once since the pandemic started. They have been limiting the number of people inside at any one time, so there is always a huge line to get in during non-work hours. Once we drove by and the line was only about 10 people long so we jumped on and waited. Most days the line stretches around two sides of the building, so we don't bother. We have been going to Aldi instead.

We have been ordering from Costco and Aldi using a delivery service. We live in South Florida and there is no way we are going into a grocery store right now. Its too much of a risk.

26 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

As someone who traveled for work via air nearly every week for 30-years, boarding today’s flight, my first in 6-months, feels a bit surreal. The 6:25a flight has only 66 passengers, which is about a third of the plane’s capacity.

Great to hear that your plane flight was not very full.  Nice morning here in Central Ohio and fun with our grandsons and son home here from Virginia. 

1391627804_ScreenShot2020-07-24at8_41_53AM.png.e46fd9d79c8391dd9e19e3060bfad4ed.png

1434390100_ScreenShot2020-07-24at8_41_35AM.thumb.png.3198e3b8ee8cdb18785d2d37144704f7.png

• Thanks 1

Good morning from hot and humid Florida..........there are some storms brewing in the Caribbean now.

Hoping they all stay away.  And guess what, remember a few weeks ago I had said I could not get this to work on

Edge (I could not reply)....well, something must have changed because I am using it now--seems to be working

properly!   Very weird!

I really like that one about the woman being in "MOOD FOR A QUICKIE".  Wonderful thought??!!

Busy with the grandsons and son visiting from Virginia.  Having a good time.  More later. 

247901870_ScreenShot2020-07-25at9_37_02AM.thumb.png.3bc6bdc9ada6b46eb4e46e4b069abb9c.png

19734218_ScreenShot2020-07-25at9_36_48AM.thumb.png.6ad8026a836e937b0633bddc21210996.png