Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

19 hours ago, Emtbsam said:

Yesterday while Bob was on his usual walk, he was hit by a car that blew through a stop sign at 35 mph.  He was airlifted to Shock Trauma and will have surgery today.  I am thankful that he is in such good shape for a man his age.  His injuries could have been so much worse considering the MOI but he will have a long road to recovery.

Stay safe everyone.

So sorry to hear that.  David and I send our very best wishes to you and Bob and hope he is on the road to recovery xxx

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 1:46 PM, Emtbsam said:

Yesterday while Bob was on his usual walk, he was hit by a car that blew through a stop sign at 35 mph.  He was airlifted to Shock Trauma and will have surgery today.  I am thankful that he is in such good shape for a man his age.  His injuries could have been so much worse considering the MOI but he will have a long road to recovery.

Stay safe everyone.

I don't know why but for some reason my reply to threads are not sending !!! I sent one to you emthbsam as soon as you posted about poor Bob... Sending lots of love & best wishes for a good recovery ..😘

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, Que...hope my response to your drink package question helped. 

Good Morning!

Yes & thank you.  We've booked a Spring 2023 cruise on a mass market line. I agreed to go along with some local friends, put down a deposit, but then immediately had doubts. Having only sailed our beloved line, I feel a bit unsure about the whole thing but have adopted a positive attitude with the help of our Cooler friends. Someone posted not to buy any packages in advance (no refund if the cruise cancels) so I have put aside the drinks & other packages issue for 12 months or so.

Our other 2023 booking is on Muse out of Auckland to Sydney late in the year.  There is a chance you might be on the same cruise?  I remember some posts in that direction....

• Like 1

Hi Que🙂,  I am booked on a Jan 2023 cruise so we would not be on the same one.  As for the other cruise? I bet since you will be with friends you will have a good time😃. And I agree to wait on the package then....and am sort of surprised there would not be a refund if the cruise is cancelled. Not sure which line you are sailing with.....that seems like a harsh policy though.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 8:46 AM, Emtbsam said:

Stay safe everyone.

So sorry to hear this. Here is hoping for a swift and speedy recovery.

31 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

Thank you all for your kind words.  I brought Bob home this afternoon.  It is truly a miracle that he is alive.  Now the hard part starts but we are incredibly thankful for what we have.

Glad you were able to bring him home🙂........again, sending all the best.....wishing him all good things on his recovery.

2 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

will you still be able to make the Med trip & use your new dresses?

Hi Chas, were you asking me that question or Emt?......the reason I am asking is you used my quote....

14 hours ago, Emtbsam said:

Thank you all for your kind words.  I brought Bob home this afternoon.  It is truly a miracle that he is alive.  Now the hard part starts but we are incredibly thankful for what we have.

For V&B... will you still be able to make the Med cruise?

3 hours ago, mysty said:

To be clear...the following funny does not reflect on the gentlemen denizens of the Cooler!  😁

Capture2.JPG.a70f128fcb45f810cd39b12a5c6e4cc6.JPG

Glad you put the disclaimer in Mysty 😁. From what I have read your husband like my husband is very helpful around the kitchen in both cooking and cleaning. The very antithesis of what is described above.

• Like 2