Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Yesterday while Bob was on his usual walk, he was hit by a car that blew through a stop sign at 35 mph.  He was airlifted to Shock Trauma and will have surgery today.  I am thankful that he is in such good shape for a man his age.  His injuries could have been so much worse considering the MOI but he will have a long road to recovery.

Stay safe everyone.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

Yesterday while Bob was on his usual walk, he was hit by a car that blew through a stop sign at 35 mph.  He was airlifted to Shock Trauma and will have surgery today.  I am thankful that he is in such good shape for a man his age.  His injuries could have been so much worse considering the MOI but he will have a long road to recovery.

Stay safe everyone.

Wishing your husband a speedy recovery. I hope you are okay as well as the stress and emotional trauma is tough on you as well. Be well.

6 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

Stay safe everyone.

OMG........sending you and Bob all my best wishes🙏........and will be thinking of both of you!!!!!!!!

Please keep us posted on everything.........

Did they  arrest the driver?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

Stay safe everyone.

Oh Emt!  So very sorry to hear this bit of dreadful news!  Good thoughts are heading to you and Bob!  Hope his recovery goes smoothly!  Take care of yourself Emt!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Emtbsam said:

Stay safe everyone.

OMG - so very sorry.  Hope surgery will put him on a quick road to recovery.  

2 hours ago, Emtbsam said:

Stay safe everyone.

Just returned from my walk to learn of your sad news.Hope the lengthy recovery process is successful.Best wishes to you both.

20 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

@mystyGin called and wanted to know if you’ve run out of tonic?

Ha ha ha!  So nice of Gin to call!  We're good for tonic!  Unfortunately our local LCBO has run out of Empress.   We working with Ungava currently and it makes a better martini than a G & T. 😁 Myster makes a delicious one adding olive juice to the mix..shaken not stirred!

Edited by mysty
  • Like 1

@QueSeraSera  What did you decide about your impulsive cruise booking?  We have also made an impulsive booking.  We've gone out on a very thin limb.  Details are under the cone of silence for the foreseeable future.   We're not at all sure how this will play out.   However if it is meant to be it will be.   😁

@mysty I'm going with the thoughtful Stumbles posting, adopting a "this could work out" mindset and keeping in mind the precious nature of friendships & how this could enrich or friendships.  Still hoping someone here will explain what a drinks package is.  But also putting a deposit on a NZ/Australia cruise in 2023!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

@mysty I'm going with the thoughtful Stumbles posting, adopting a "this could work out" mindset and keeping in mind the precious nature of friendships & how this could enrich or friendships.  Still hoping someone here will explain what a drinks package is.  But also putting a deposit on a NZ/Australia cruise in 2023!

Brilliant Que!  Carpe Diem!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

A drink package? It is not offered on SS but I do know most of the Mass Market lines offer them now.  Depending on what you want they offer different ones......some with higher end liquors, others with basic brands. They offer ones with no booze at all.......but specialty coffees, etc.  It really depends on what you want.  Different prices for different packages.

Which cruise in 2023? Congratulations on the booking🙂

• Thanks 1

Laugh for today

* My tolerance for idiots is extremely low today.  I used to have some immunity built up, but obviously there is a new strain out there.

* As I watch this generation try and rewrite our history, one thing I'm sure of … it will be misspelled and have no punctuations.

* Me:  Sobbing my heart out, "I can't see you anymore … I'm not going to let you hurt me again."
  Trainer:  "It was one sit-up.”

* Sorry I haven't gotten anything done today.  I've been in the Produce Department trying to open this stupid plastic bag.

* Turns out that being a “senior" is mostly just googling how to do stuff.

* Do you ever get up in the morning, look in the mirror and think "That can't be accurate."

* I want to be 14 again and ruin my life differently.  I have new ideas.

* Teacher:  Give me a sentence which includes the words:  defence, defeat, detail.
  Student:  When a horse jumps over defence, defeat go first and then detail.

* God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world.  Then he made the earth round…and laughed and laughed and laughed.

* I'm on two diets. I wasn't getting enough food on one.

* Apparently RSVPing to a wedding invitation "Maybe next time," isn't the correct response.

* I put my scale in the bathroom corner and that's where the little liar will stay until it apologizes.

* Felt uncomfortable driving into the cemetery.  The GPS blurted out "You have reached your final destination."

* My mind is like an internet browser.  At least 19 open tabs, 3 of them are frozen and I have no clue where the music is coming from.

* Hard to believe I once had a phone attached to a wall, and when it rang, I picked it up without knowing who was calling, and I'm still alive.                                                                                                             
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Emtbsam said:

Stay safe everyone.

Noooo... 

How awful for you both. Our thoughts..